• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Ben Affleck chosen to play Batman in the next Man Of Steel movie

His Name Is Frank

Bluelight Crew
Oscar-winning director Ben Affleck is set to star as Batman in Warner Bros. Man of Steel sequel, the studio announced Thursday.

Zack Snyder will be returning to direct Affleck and Henry Cavill in the still-untitled film, which will be the first time Batman and Superman have shared the big screen. The press release announcing the news says that Affleck’s Batman will be “an entirely new incarnation of the character.” Amy Adams, Laurence Fishburne and Diane Lane will be returning to reprise their roles in the film as well, which is slated to open worldwide on July 17, 2015.

Snyder, whose Man of Steel has grossed over $649 million worldwide, said in the release: “Ben provides an interesting counter-balance to Henry’s Superman. He has the acting chops to create a layered portrayal of a man who is older and wiser than Clark Kent and bears the scars of a seasoned crime fighter, but retain the charm that the world sees in billionaire Bruce Wayne. I can’t wait to work with him.”

Strange decision, but I can see it. What do you lighters think?

link to article

I have immense respect for Ben affleck.

He's a tour de force in the acting world.
A real powerhouse. Fit to play batman until the proverbial cows come home.

5 stars.

Sorry I can't see it at all. I'm not going to flip out like most people online have. It may very well work but I'd have to see it happen before I decide what I think.

stoner batman: i was going to save gothom, but then i got high

Ben Affleck is such a boring actor - the dude has zero range. You could dub a voice over a cardboard cutout and it would have more charisma.

I can say with perfect honesty that I won't watch this movie not because it has Affleck in it, but that it has Batman and Superman in it. I thought Nolan's 1st movie was decent, but really lost interest in the ones that came after - I don't think Batman as a character is all that interesting and a bit overdone. They should just crap out the Justice League movie and be done with it, but this is all a major cash cow for DC which they are leading up to.

As someone who's been a Bat-fan his whole life, I'm appalled. It isn't George Clooney, but it's still pretty bad--and I haven't seen an Affleck role I've disliked. Go figure.

Maybe he'll surprise me, but I doubt it.

first starters he hasn't the figure for it. secondly, and more importantly, he has absolutely no intensity. his action grimace is so lame, i hope they go with a full face mask this time to cover that shit up.

a batman/superman movie is long overdue. 10+ years back i wrote a treatment for a wicked elseworlds take on a matchup, back when i was a geek.

I can say with perfect honesty that I won't watch this movie not because it has Affleck in it, but that it has Batman and Superman in it.

Dude. "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller is a classic comic and features an amazing fight between the two.

I thought Nolan's 1st movie was decent, but really lost interest in the ones that came after - I don't think Batman as a character is all that interesting and a bit overdone.

What did you like about Batman Begins that you didn't like about The Dark Knight? To me, TDK was an overall improvement to Batman begins.

Also, what don't you find interesting about Batman? I'm not a huge comic fan, but Batman is like the only superhero I give a shit about because he doesn't have superpowers - he's just a smart, rich dude who spent much of his life learning how to kick ass. His stories are realistic and have a sense of weight to them because he's completely human.

Dude. "The Dark Knight Returns" by Frank Miller is a classic comic and features an amazing fight between the two.

What did you like about Batman Begins that you didn't like about The Dark Knight? To me, TDK was an overall improvement to Batman begins.

Also, what don't you find interesting about Batman? I'm not a huge comic fan, but Batman is like the only superhero I give a shit about because he doesn't have superpowers - he's just a smart, rich dude who spent much of his life learning how to kick ass. His stories are realistic and have a sense of weight to them because he's completely human.

Agreed! TDK is millions of miles better than the older Batman movies. Christian Bale's acting performance was superb. But the main reason why I like TDK is because of its darker nature. He is the only one who doesn't have super powers who kicks asses. Iron man will be my second fave because he doesn't have super powers as well only expensive powerful robotic gadgets! :D

Remember when the world rejected the idea of Heath Ledger for The Joker?

Yes, but even at the time I thought "the world" had it wrong. Ledger, in his various roles, had shown himself capable of adapting to whatever role was needed of him - Affleck has always pretty much played the same character: the "gruff but sensible everyman". Christian Bale, imo, wasn't the best choice for Batman, but he was able to dial-in on the obsessiveness and overall 'cool' factor of Batman quite well - Affleck could surprise us, but given that his Batman will be co-starring (maybe) alongside Henry Cavill's Superman, it's not likely his character will be given the time to develop properly. Zach Snyder will probably just toss Batman into the plot with the understanding that the audience already knows who he is, which would be a big mistake.

Maybe I don't give Snyder and Affleck enough credit...but neither of them has ever impressed me much (the only exception being the surprisingly good adaptation of The Watchmen).

I absolutely hate Ben Affleck. I haven't seen Cavill as Superman yet, but I might have to in order to watch this. I am a Batman fan, and need to see this crap for myself.

I think I was being too soft and nice in my first response to this news. In all honesty I actually think it's a devastating move. But I had a bad feeling about the whole thing even before I knew who was cast. This is just confirming my doubts ever since finding out they wanted to reboot a new Batman separately from Nolan's universe just a few years after TDKR, plus finding Man of Steel a ho-hum experience. Yeah. I think after this I'm not going to be really following anything Goyer and Snyder do from now on. Nolan knew his shit, and it's just making these guys look silly...

X5GwCy1.jpg

Last edited:

I grew up in the Keaton era of Batman where it broke down into who had seen it and who didn't, and even then its not really that great. I probably enjoy the 70s TV series the most as a campy classic series. There's the Animated series, that was really well done. The whole thing has been done to death. Even with Superman its been done to death. Reeve has always been in my eye Superman. I started watching the Man of Steel movie and stopped. There's a genuine disinterest - I don't think I've seen any of the Iron Man movies. The Avengers movie was good, but again I probably won't see the 2nd movie when it comes out.

Disapointing, Bale had the role down real well. And i dont like ben affleck

Last edited: