• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Opiate Detox (avoiding w/d)

PotatoMan

Bluelight Crew
Recently i've been taking a lot of codeine syrup. i dose 300mg each time, never went above that. it's been a lot of fun but im not getting the desired effects anymore and it's time i detox since i'll be going on a family vacation in 4days to florida and i wont have any access to it. ive been taking it like that for the past month very regularly and i dont want to withdraw on my vacation. i have an unlimited supply of the syrup since it's <NO PRICES> and each bottle is 300mg of syrup. i need to begin detoxing today.. what should i do? half the dosages till it's time to go?

Last edited by a moderator:
yea decrease by half a day should be ok. how long have you been taking it? id maybe bring a little just in case..dont want to feel WD for the first time whilst on a family trip to fla

Ive been taking it heavily for about a month like 2-3 times a week and rarely 4

Ive been taking it heavily for about a month like 2-3 times a week and rarely 4

Just grab a few 30mg pills if they're available to you, and take half of one if you feel bad on vacation.

Your dosing being so low and intermittent, you shouldn't need too much if you feel bad.

In my opinion you should probably be fine with just stopping cold turkey. If you aren't using daily I couldn't imagine there even being withdrawal and if there is it would be minimal.

Not trying to get off topic, but does opiate addiction really work that way? If you dose let's say even 4-5 days a week but you take that 1 DAY break in between on any opiate, that really that stops physical addiction? Like you don't get addicted unless dosing for a month or 2 completely straight?

^Naw, I'd say that 4-5 days a week could be gotten away with a couple times for a total novice, but after any regularity of use the window gets smaller and smaller.

^Naw, I'd say that 4-5 days a week could be gotten away with a couple times for a total novice, but after any regularity of use the window gets smaller and smaller.

And by the time you start feeling withdrawal symptoms, for most people they're already in too deep. It is cyclical, Feel good for a bit->Feel shitty->Take drugs to feel good but more so to stop feeling like shit->they wear off

Like Ive been personally taking vicodin and percs for about 8-9 days now but within those2 weeks Ive had a full 24 hour day break at least for 3 days. I am I physically addicted already maybe? I definitely am psychologically but would I have WD symptoms if I stopped for 2 days or so? Or is my method safe so far

Well the only way to find out is by seeing, ppl can guess. Id say prob not, but you will most likely be able to tell if you are.

Like Ive been personally taking vicodin and percs for about 8-9 days now but within those2 weeks Ive had a full 24 hour day break at least for 3 days. I am I physically addicted already maybe? I definitely am psychologically but would I have WD symptoms if I stopped for 2 days or so? Or is my method safe so far

8 days is certainly long enough to start feeling a little crappy, but just the most minor symptoms if any. But if you feel crappy, DO NOT TAKE MORE TO MAKE IT STOP. Keep going to 14 days and we start getting into moderate withdrawal symptoms.

You might think that you're feeling bad, but since you've been taking it for so few days, it will go away really really quick. If you take more, you start the loop I mentioned above. Then it will be harder and harder and harder to stop until you are a full blown addict.

Don't take anything, and if your legs are sore, your eyes tearing up, your nose runny, or you have diarrhea, just take 1 or 2 loperamide (2-4mg).

For sure and thanks for the response, much appreciated man. I agree, yeah I'll start controlling myself better forsure

For sure and thanks for the response, much appreciated man. I agree, yeah I'll start controlling myself better forsure

No problem.

Just be strong man. This is the point where many MANY people say "just one more time," and that one time becomes their life until they're dead, in jail, or at the end of their rope or a rope. If you do get some symptoms take the 1-2 loperamide like I said, but also check the forums, they're are plenty of threads about how to make it a bit easier, though as mentioned, you likely won't feel much, if anything if you stop now - maybe a loose stool or two.

No doubt I got you. If I take a short break when do you think I'll be able to dose again? Or the smartest time to dose again would be? After 2-3 days break? Being serious not trying to contradict myself but I do wanna dose again just not make a habit out of it and end my 9 day cycle etc so I can start fresh..I mean shit my tolerance jumped from 20mgs hydrocodone to 65mgs in just this short9 day period...lol fucking ridiculous

After 9 days, if you wanna be on the safe side, I'd say 9-13 days to minimize building tolerance, and recollect yourself. I wish I had never binged on opioids to start the cycle.

You should just take breaks equivalent to how many days you've taken them plus add like 20%-30% more time. The longer the better. Problems start when you take them for 9 days and convince your self 3 days is enough. It will start getting shorter and shorter. If you can be a "weekend warrior" and only take them on the weekend, that would be another safe way, 2 on, five of. But you can also take it on Saturday and a day during the week.

If you ever feel crappy, don't take more, just take time.

And if you're taking pills which contain other ingredients like Tylenol, make sure you do a cold water extraction!

Be safe