• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Hydrocodone vs oxycodone for euphoria

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skinandbones

Greenlighter
Pretty straightforward question which drug is more euphoric, hydrocodone or oxycodone? Also which is more sedative? And lastly which is a better body high? And what is a better head high?

Heyyyy, ok first off it really depends on the milligrams since you didn't write any. But generally speaking hydrocodone is weaker and also contains a lot of tylenol which makes it dangerous to take a lot of them. Most commonly you will find people with 5/500 (the strongest is 10mg). I don't have access to any drugs as i just use my prescriptions and wish i could get an opiate prescribed which is much harder to get.

Ok sorry for rambling anyways HYDROCODONE (vicodin) produces a more stony head high. With no tolerance i'll take 4 (the few times i ever get a chance to do any) And me personally i don't get too much euphoria but my head feels a lot heavier plus the obvious pain relief aspect, i also don't feel too much of a body high just relaxed and a heavier head.

Now for oxycodone which can be much stronger, and usually more euphoric as well at the right dose (without having to take as much hydrocodone and the liver damage) It doesn't have a head high as much as hydrocodone except at very large doses when you "nod" (which i never have). However the body high is better than hydrocodone, you get slightly tingly and feel warm energy running through your body, and usually more euphoria than hydrocodone for most people.

Lastly they can both be sedating but again it depends on the dosage etc, if you take oxycodone at around 20mg without a tolerance which is what i did when i somehow got a doctor to prescribe it (i dont think i could ever get any doctor to do that again since its hard to get unless you have a legitimate pain condition with proof (xrays etc) I would snort it, and feel pretty nauseous since i wasn't tolerant to that high dose, i would be pretty sedated but hydrocodone at around 20mg can also be sedating as well but for a shorter period of time since your head feels heavy. Obviously even higher doses of oxycodone can leave you more sedated unless you manage to take a very high dose of hydrocodone.

In conclusion: Oxycodone better body high and euphoria, and hydrocodone better head high.

It's the best way i can explain it. No it's not like a marijuana high you won't have that vibrating tingly feeling in your head however your head will feel heavy like on marijuana and your eyes might start to slant down a bit. You also will feel the same amount of drowsiness in my opinion with a 20mg vicodin compared to oh idk like a large amount of weed. But it is more potent in the pain killing aspect, and if you were to ask me you can function still on it, on marijuana even if you don't get real paranoid it certainly does not raise your confidence either but the vicodin does a little bit and relieves some anxiety. I could still talk, walk, and function on a 20mg of vicodin when i was on vacation a month ago in chicago, but for some people they just fall asleep or are too tired.

Many people consider oxycodone to be more recreational. Others consider oxycodone more recreational. I don't really like comparing cannabis to opiates (and different strains of weed have very different effects).

We don't allow questions asking which drug to take. You'll have to find out which one works best for you.

Closing this thread now, feel free to PM me if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.