• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

Weird scary amphetamine comedown. Need advice

closeyoureyes

Bluelighter
Hello, this is my first thread in this forum, I hope I post in right place.
So, to begin with, let's just say that I'm 20 years old and have experimented with variuos stims and psychs for about two years. Been smoking herb for 5 years. This summer I have used mdma speed and some other rc stimulants almost every weekend. For last like 6 or 7 times I raved I took Lorazepam in the morning to help me sleep and it always saved me from having those sweaty post stimulant insomnias.
But here is why I created this thread: Last time I partied I have totally drank a lot of strong alcohol, took half of a e pill and kept on doing lines of what is thought to be good quality amphetamine. I dosed really a lot, I have done more in my life, but topped with benzos always. However, I have ran out of them and was ready for skipping this nights sleep. In the morning, around 3 or 4 hours after my last line me and my buddies decided to get really baked and started smoking this huge joint.
That's when bad things started to happen. At first I started to feel that my heart beat got faster and I was breathing deeper and deeper. I litterally felt my heart pumping very hard and started to feel very uncomfortable. The feeling that i'm having a heat attack affected me so terribly bad that I started to think that I was going to die. I started googling how to help myself. I tried to breath slowly and try to calm down, drank water, got a cold wet towel on my face and layed in bed without moving because if I moved just a little I could feel my heart beating so strong and fast it was terrifying. When I tried to go to the toilet it was incredibly hard because I thought I was gonna black out. I told myself that I will never take drugs ever again in my life and I was ready to call an ambulance if I didn't felt better soon. This terrible state continued for about 4 hours totally. I was really worried about my life. I got home with a taxi when I felt I can finally walk after eating two bananas and drinking some more water. I still felt my heart beat strongly the whole day and even felt it the day after. To say the least, it was the worst comedown ever. It was even scarier than a scary psychedelic drug trip.
So , the question is what caused this and what was it? Was it just a panic attack induced by paranoia from cannabis and speed? Maybe I did too much? Maybe that's how comedowns always felt when I wasn't taking benzos and I just forgot about it? Maybe it's a withdrawal benzo symptom? Or maybe I fucked up my body with all these stimulants and I should never take them again and if I will I will die? OR even maybe all of these things combined and gave me this hellish experience?
Dear bluelighters, I'm seeking for your advice on what should I do? Has anyone experienced something similar? Maybe you know who has? Any info and advice is appreciated!

Cannabis and Speed are opposites essentially. They can be used together, but for a specific purpose. If you smoke all day and use Amphs you will experience more ups and downs. Physically, you are dumping dopamine into your system when smoking, and that mixed with the Amphs might cause the intense physical feelings that you are experiencing. SWIM usually smokes cannabis before he takes his meds, and he smokes cannabis at noon, and then he smokes fat in the evening to have a smooth comedown. Good luck, Talk to your doctor about this as well!

Most likely it was the weed bringing on a paranoid episode, probably exacerbated by lack of benzos. How often do you take benzos though? How many days per month, approximately?

It's pretty obvious your doing just a bit too much. Lots of alcohol is enough. Lots of lines of amphetamine (adderall, speed, whichever one) is enough. And then half an e pill with who knows how much cut. All that alone would be enough to cause a nasty comedown, but the benzos you mentioned help a lot, but when you everything you mentioned it puts a heavy strain on your heart and psychologically damages you, and although weed is good for making certain highs better or for coming down off something, it CAN kinda freak you out when you did all the stuff you mentioned and put a heavy strain on your heart, and your mind. Wooof, i haven't smoked weed in awhile i'm trying to safely lose weight with occassional adderalls that i got prescribed. But i would definitely smoke some right now as i'm having a blah high/coming down, but not with all the other stuff you did.

Oh and by the way many people who smoke weed when on or coming off amphetamines have a bad experience it's not uncommon, me personally i don't HOWEVER if i am sleep deprived and mixed a bunch of shit, it can get a little paranoish and funky.

Stick to the weed, ditch everything else for a while clear out for a bit i promise you will feel better

Most likely it was the weed bringing on a paranoid episode, probably exacerbated by lack of benzos. How often do you take benzos though? How many days per month, approximately?
I tooks benzos 5 times that month and then when I ran out of them this happened...

I believe they use benzos to counteract meth overdoses in the hospital... But a lot of tweakers would be amazed at what even 2 or 3 hours of sleep would do for them.

Weed and Amphetamines just does not agree with some people... On the other hand it works. Back in my heavy MDMA days, weed on comedowns would put me in a situation like yours, however after stopping all MDMA use and using speed instead, I found weed to be quite fun on speed but the key is take it very slow with the bud or you will end up like you did. If you ever plan on doing that combo keep benzos on hand as it is quite risky, and honestly, not doing it at all is probably the best choice.

Maybe that's how comedowns always felt when I wasn't taking benzos and I just forgot about it? !

Bingo. It makes all the difference there can be in the world. Before you experience it you can't even imagine how much of a difference it makes.

If you had been put on intravenuous Valium you would have calmed down straight away and gone to sleep like a baby. But that is how addiction really starts. I never had any kind of problem with it before I experienced that.

I would say never do stimulants without benzos on hand. But this might not always be possible and can lead to addiction. And health-practitioners just take this as a matter of course and won't always be willing to help you.

Last edited:
I use uppers quite often(MDMA,Meth,Rc's) and I've noticed if I smoke bud while on any upper I'll think I'm having a heart attack. It's all anxiety mate.The way I always look at is well I was fine before the bud :p