• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

What is the safest (but also the highest dosage) for a person with social anxiety?

burgerdistraction

Ex-Bluelighter
I also want to get that 'high' feeling that people are talking about when they take Xanax. I have moderate social anxiety, so what would be the highest dosage for me? I hear that seizures are common when taking Xanax. I really don't want that to happen.

6mgs/daily total is the highest recommended dosage ceiling for anxiety. 10mgs for panic disorder. .75 mgs to 1.5 mgs daily for induction.

If you have no tolerance don't take more than 1.5mgs, you're likely to just want to go to bed, or much worse, black out and do stupid shit you will forever regret. Seizures are not common whilst taking alprazolam, seizures are a byproduct of benzo withdrawal, not a feature of their effect.

i'd read up on alprazolam (xanax) quite a bit more before you jump in. It's pretty potent and doesn't give much of a high unless you've never touched a benzo before. The benzo high itself is like being shit faced drunk except that you don't know/think you are. And that's at the best of times.

Start off by taking a low dose and then if that doesn't work for you then increase the dose until you get what you are looking for.
The lower dose you can get away with using then all the better. You don't want to end up with a benzo habit.

The thing is, i never took a benzo before. I once took 16 pills of Ibuprofen and almost 10 pills of Midol. Though my stomach never felt woozy and neither have i passed out as people say when they overdosed. This happened in a period of time in my life when i was severely depressed. So apparently i am really tolerant to Acetaminophen. Would it be the same for Benzo's too?

No. Just. No. Benzos and Tylenol do not have any cross tolerance as far as I know. Don't play with benzos. If you have anxiety, take em as needed. Trust me, you DO NOT wanna play this game long term.

Ps...there really isn't a high for most. I have anxiety issues, so I guess I consider the alleviation of those symptoms to be a "high".

Last edited:
I'm not even sure you can develop a tolerance for ibuprofen or paracetamol/APAP.

No, you're not going to have a tolerance for benzos, as TTM said, unless you've been abusing and have a tolerance for another drug which affects GABA. Do not take a huge dose.

I have been prescribed 2mg's of klonopin for 3 months now, (many psychiatrists and doctors don't even like prescribing benzos these days as compared to earlier times) so i was lucky. I don't ever abuse them. But back to your question, a low dose of 0.5 xanax would be enough to "feel it", i wish i had some xanax for when i need quick relief.

It's like a ping to the head, i can feel a 1mg of xanax more than 4mgs of klonopin. I would say start off with 1mg, my first time i did that and it was so stress/anxiety relieving. By the way don't take that much ibuprofen or any over the counter weak pain killers. They don't produce a high and are very bad for your liver.

Benzos provide a very subtle high by themselves (if you're lucky).

I'd stick with .25 to .5mg and mix a little cannabis with it. No point jumping in the deep end of the pool if you're just learning how to swim.

The dose-response curve of xanax is sooo damn steep. Meaning, you could take .5mg and feel little to nothing. Then take 1mg and feel super drunk. Then take 3mg and black the fuck out. Be really careful. Just because it's over prescribed doesn't mean it is in anyway less potent than street drugs. If anything, it is more potent because of the purity. Benzo addiction is also really, really bad.

There is an endless list of reasons benzo addiction sucks.

Fucks up your memory. Screws up sleep cycles.

You know what? As with most drugs the worst thing is when you run out! Can cause brain damage. Possible death. Seizures. The withdrawal syndrome can last a year or more, depending on how long you've been taking them. Years, possibly. Some people are never the same, after going through benzo addiction. As in, never recover.

Benzo addiction isn't anything to fuck with.

Im not sure how clear it was but Midol (which has tylenol which is acetaminophen and caffeine) and ibuprofen have absolutely nothing to do with benzos. They are not the same class of meds and being able to take over the counter pain relievers will not affect your tolerance to benzos or anything else. You cannot build up a tolerance to those 2 meds. You also do not get woozy or pass out from midol or ibuprofen. What does happen when you take too much of those is you cause liver and other internal organ damage. And it might not affect you right that moment..you may not even know you have damaged snything til later on. Or then again, with the tylenol in the Midol you might develop severe stomach pain and totally ruin your liver (which by the way you cannot live without..and there are not a whole lot of them laying around available for transplants!).

My point is, please be very careful taking so much over the counter pain relievers. They will not get you hi by any means and they can cause a lot harm in the long run that one day you could really regret.

Also, please be really careful with benzos. I don't think you are going to feel a "high" like you might be looking for. I think everyone here will agree, you take a normal dose of benzos they are just going to relax you a little and make you sleepy. If you take too much you will put yourself in a bad place. Best case scenario, you will pass out cold...it won't be fun..you will just pass out. Worst case scenario, you get yourself ina position where you won't remember a thing and others can take advantage of you without you even being aware of it or you do something really stupid that you will never even remember.

Also as far as addiction, I had just looked a poll earlier today that said benzos are THE worse drug to withdraw from (and you will eventually have to withdraw). They can change you forever and make you regret you ever even thought about taking one.

If you have to try it out, stick with the normal dose and only do it around those you trust. Don't do it if you are going to have to drive anywhere (even at the smallest dose).

And most important of all, do not mix benzos with any other drug including alcohol. It can and will kill you very easily.

Please be very careful.

^^ She just covered this in more detail than I had patience for. Listen to her advice. If anything, we have NOT explained the absolute devastation benzos can cause in your life--including the END of it. Some people would say dying is better than having to deal with the issues that benzos cause.

Listen to her! Listen to me, and everyone else that has given you advice. It's worth gold. No, it isn't. It's worth your actual life, as once again, benzos can well easily take it away from you with a simple accident. Get it?

Gosh, benzos are covered in painful detail here on the forums. Read!

It also depends on your psychiatrist or doctor, many have become more against prescribing them over the years or getting people off of them. However their are people that say they are prescribed 10mg of xanax a day etc, i know my psychiatrist is against is prescribing any doses of any benzos over 4mg's because your just needing more and more and it gets pretty dangerous at even the low levels prescribed, in terms of withdrawal etc.

Midol, Ibuprofen? Am I one of the only ones who read that? That's a crazy bad idea. Don't ever do that again. Especially not with Tylenol. For future refrence Tylenol is on Percocet and Vicodin too. Too much Tylenol can cause liver failure.

Midol, Ibuprofen? Am I one of the only ones who read that? That's a crazy bad idea. Don't ever do that again.
I read that too, wasn't just you lol. If you never took any benzo, I'd stick to .25-.5mgs for the first time then adjust accordingly. Benzos just make me blackout. I never take them unless I'm trying to sleep. I've only felt a benzo effect from Valium once in my life. Now I just blackout. So be careful at first to see how your body reacts.

I'm just curious, what is bad about being addicted with benzo's? Sorry for my newbie question.

For starter's it can kill you, just for an idea of how bad it is.

I don't think xanax is the optimal choice for moderate social anxiety. It is best for panic attacks, because it is fast and short acting, and it is strong. Social anxiety is better treated with longer acting benzos like klonopin and valium. They also tend to be less habit forming and addictive. You can take one in the morning and it lasts most the day, but with the xanax you'll be popping one every time you go out in public, because it wears off in 2-3 hours. Regardless of which benzos you use there is a huge risk for addictions and dependence. They are not meant for daily or prolonged use.

If you do use xanax, start with a low dose like .25 mg. Or .5 klonopin or 5 mg valium. These will give you very subtle effects, unless you are sensitive to the effects. But subtle is the way to go with benzos, anything more and you will seem drunk.