• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc why am i nauseated?

Topmid

Bluelighter
sunday was the last time i used any H. tuesday i took 2 10mg hydros and 2mg lorazepam. yesterday i took 1 10mg hydro and 4mg lorazepam. i'm sober right now but this was apparent the last couple days as well. why do i constantly feel like i'm about to puke but i know i'm not going to? i'm tired of this nauseating feeling in my throat. is there a way to combat this?? is it because i'm withdrawing from heroin? i have suboxone but i took my last hydro about 14 hours ago.

Well, are you withdrawing from heroin? What are your typical habits? Are you a regular user is what I mean (of anything)?

i fuck around. i wouldn't say i'm dependant, i just like to use it once or twice a week. usually i snort it. but this past weekend, i shot up quite a bit. maybe 2 dubs worth. then monday and tuesday, i had nothing. i was dying on tuesday until someone sold me a couple hydros. but i have not had any h since sunday.

If you have a low tolerance to benzos there's a chance the Ativan could be causing nausea. It's probably not typical but lorazepam makes me very nauseas. I once took ~15mgs of Ativan and became so sick that I lost around 10 pounds in about 3 days from puking every single time I ate. I've tried 8 benzos and none of them make me nauseas except this one, again this is my experience and may not be typical. If you are in w/d from heroin you would know it as it's a very distinct feeling.

yeah i usually don't get nausea during heroin withdrawals to begin with. i believe it may be the ativan causing this. although, i have yet to take more than 2mg all at once. but it could be because i'm combining it with hydrocodone which i hear causes nausea as well. either way, it's very annoying. is there any supplement or something that i can take to avoid this?

ginger root works well for me, even ginger ale helps a bit as long as it contains real ginger(Canadian Dry)

yeah i usually don't get nausea during heroin withdrawals to begin with. i believe it may be the ativan causing this. although, i have yet to take more than 2mg all at once. but it could be because i'm combining it with hydrocodone which i hear causes nausea as well. either way, it's very annoying. is there any supplement or something that i can take to avoid this?

IMO, Zofran (ondansetron) is about the best medication for nausea if you can get some (it is prescription). This is what we give chemo patients for nausea and it works (for most people) way better than phenergan (promethazine). If you can't get that then I'm not sure what I would suggest because for me personally (and I suffer a lot of frequent nausea) nothing else really works, over the counter or prescription.

Do you normally suffer withdrawals when you use? Are you having the other WD symptoms?

And yes hydros can definitely cause nausea for some people but this is usually with higher doses and if you have no tolerance to opiates/opioids.

Even just the APAP can cause nausea for a lot of people.

IMO, Zofran (ondansetron) is about the best medication for nausea if you can get some (it is prescription). This is what we give chemo patients for nausea and it works (for most people) way better than phenergan (promethazine). If you can't get that then I'm not sure what I would suggest because for me personally (and I suffer a lot of frequent nausea) nothing else really works, over the counter or prescription.

Do you normally suffer withdrawals when you use? Are you having the other WD symptoms?

And yes hydros can definitely cause nausea for some people but this is usually with higher doses and if you have no tolerance to opiates/opioids.

Even just the APAP can cause nausea for a lot of people.
thanks. i would love to try the Zofran but i don't have the time or money to go get a script right now. gonna have to stick it out i guess. i hope the ginger ale works.

i'm having minor withdrawals. just chills every now and then. i've been lucky enough to have these hydros the past couple of days. my buddy hooked it it up with a free suboxone but i'm not gonna take some until tomorrow since i had my last hydro 14 hours ago. after the sub, i plan on quitting heroin altogether. i need to get serious about my life now lol.

thanks for the help guys.

ginger is a live saver for nausea, ever since i was a kid and started getting migraines i have been no stranger to bouts of nausea, maybe ive becomes so aware that i notice it more, i dk, anyways...

when i get it these days wheater from the slow methadone detox ihave a bag of candied ginger, its real ginger pieces with a light layer of sugar on top. be warned tho the little bit of sugar is just a little bit and ginger can actually be quite spicy underneath so dont just toss a big piece in bc you may spit it out.

ginger ale works too, as long as it actually has ginger in it. the bottled sugary stuff is OK, canada dry actually has real ginger init (so they say) and its good with lots of ice. then you have ginger beers, non alcholic andloaded with ginger. these are spicy as well and work awesomely for nausea.

if the vicoden made you feel better then yes i would say you are in a minor bout of WD.

ginger is a live saver for nausea, ever since i was a kid and started getting migraines i have been no stranger to bouts of nausea, maybe ive becomes so aware that i notice it more, i dk, anyways...

when i get it these days wheater from the slow methadone detox ihave a bag of candied ginger, its real ginger pieces with a light layer of sugar on top. be warned tho the little bit of sugar is just a little bit and ginger can actually be quite spicy underneath so dont just toss a big piece in bc you may spit it out.

ginger ale works too, as long as it actually has ginger in it. the bottled sugary stuff is OK, canada dry actually has real ginger init (so they say) and its good with lots of ice. then you have ginger beers, non alcholic andloaded with ginger. these are spicy as well and work awesomely for nausea.

if the vicoden made you feel better then yes i would say you are in a minor bout of WD.
yeah i just had a glass of iced ginger ale and i feel much, much better! i'm about to go to work and luckily we have canada dry in the fountain tap, so i should be fine the rest of the day.

oh and i NEEDED the vicodin to feel better. like i said, i shot up all weekend and was left with absolutely nothing monday and tuesday. i was dying at my job. my legs were about to fall of and i was freezing balls and all of the sudden i get a text, "need hydros," and i said "FUCK YES PLEASE" lol

Ahh i used to love when that would happen...be all sick at work and get a txt like yo u need? Yes! Glad ur feeling better.

If the opiates (or maybe benzos) make you feel better after taking them, its withdrawal. If they make you feel worse, then it's because of the drugs I'd say. Opiates are weird, many people at first especially are incredibly nauseous the next day. Myself an addict, usually don't feel too nauseous any of the time, then randomly for a few days am vomitting a couple times. My theory is liver trouble.

If the opiates (or maybe benzos) make you feel better after taking them, its withdrawal. If they make you feel worse, then it's because of the drugs I'd say. Opiates are weird, many people at first especially are incredibly nauseous the next day. Myself an addict, usually don't feel too nauseous any of the time, then randomly for a few days am vomitting a couple times. My theory is liver trouble.
i think it was withdrawal tbh. after i posted this i took 2mg lorazepam and went to work. didn't feel nauseas at all the whole night. although now i am starting to feel the nausea come back again. luckily i'm beginning my suboxone taper tomorrow so i should be fine from now on. i am kinda worried about my liver though...

now you got me worried about my liver. i don't normally fuck with hydrocodone, like ever. but last week i took 4 10mg and 7.5mg in the span of a few hours. then the other day i took 2 10mg and yesterday i took 1 10mg. i have no idea how much acetaminophen i took but maybe that's the cause of all this. is it bad to consume this much? i'm sure people do a lot worse but i prolly won't fuck with hydros anymore. my buddy said he got an oxy hook so we should be straight.

most hydrocodone pills has about the same amount of acetaminophen as an extra strength tylenol. - either 500 or 750mg. treat it as such. (but look up your pills on a pill id site to know for sure how much each contains)
fda max dosage is 4000mg acetaminophen in 24 hours. you should seek medical help if you consume over 10 000 mg (10 grams) in 24 hr.

you can do cold water extractions to help reduce how much acetaminophen you consume. search the boards.

the effects sound to me like opioid withdrawal though. especially if they go away when you take more opioids. liver failure won't really do that - you just continue to get sicker and you turn jaundiced ;)

Yea the amount of apap youre talking about is tame compared to what other ppl will do in a day. Be worried about your liver when you start turning yellow

Sounds like you have this figured out, but I will throw in my experience anyways. I can take oxycodone no problem, but Vicodin makes me nauseous. One night I was partying with friends (drinking), and was given one Vicodin. I spent the entire night puking. Also, zofran does not work at all for me. I use Promethazine. I found that out the hard way. Nothing like being in the hospital waiting for back surgery, and puking because of the pain meds. Luckily, my surgeon switched me pretty quickly off the zofran and onto Promethazine.

Nicely said.