• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Seroquel and RLS

.:Holy::Toast:.

Bluelighter
Now I've been prescribed seroquel for sleep recently, and it works fairly good, aside from a few odd unsettling dreams, but nothing terrifying.
Now I've been a pretty much lifetime sufferer of RLS, and I believe it is a major cause of my insomnia.
Except now recently I've been noticing myself waking up in the middle of the night with the worst restlessness in my legs that I've ever had.
It's literally maddening, I have to get up and walk around and move my legs for hours until its settled enough to go to bed.
Has anyone else noticed these symptoms from seroquel?
My current dosage is 150mg of XR tablets once nightly

I would talk to your doctor about reducing your dosage. People have success with 50-75mg IR.

The RLS is coming from DAR antagonism, and it is common with antipsychotic drugs, I myself will experience it when I dose a bit too high wit olanzapine.

It is largely dose-dependent, so lowering of your dose should help, but you already have RLS issues, so neuroleptics aren't the best idea in that respect.

^ The RLS in this case is also coming from the extremely powerful anti-cholinergic effects Seroquel exerts at sleep dosages (<100mg), notice his 150mg dose isn't IR.

Seroquel scares the shit out of me, especially at sleep doses (6.25-75mg). I've been scripted 25mg tablets for sleep but have never taken them.

To me, a much "cleaner" and safer anti-cholinergic sleep-aid would be doxylamine succinate at 12.5-25mg (doxy is OTC as blue Unisom "sleep tablets," check the active ingredient), or promethazine 25-37.5mg if you can get your hands on it.

Other than that, make sure you're taking 600mg chelated Magnesium on an empty stomach (check active ingredient, make sure only Mg glycinate or taurinate), 30mg of chelated zinc, 400mg of potassium after dinner, and 0.5-1mg melatonin (>1mg is counter-productive). If that awesome sleep supplement combo fails then try doxylamine or promethazine, and if those fail, then try Trazadone, imo.