• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids i got my script fill, new manafactuer? amneal? can i trade it back in at cvs?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ssjthor

Greenlighter
So yesterday i got my script for oxycodone 5 mg and they feel different. Today i look and it says ip 203 on it? I usually get the 512 ones from mallokrodt or w.e.
I got it filled next to my drs office a city away! Can i got to my cvs and trade them for the generics they got the mallokrodt w.e.s the 512 percs? Or am i screwed with this fucking brand?:!

So yesterday i got my script for oxycodone 5 mg and they feel different. Today i look and it says ip 203 on it? I usually get the 512 ones from mallokrodt or w.e.
I got it filled next to my drs office a city away! Can i got to my cvs and trade them for the generics they got the mallokrodt w.e.s the 512 percs? Or am i screwed with this fucking brand?:!

^i'm pretty sure you're screwed. they're not going to accept any kind of return or
exchange once you've left the building with the meds..
neither will another pharmacy make any sort of exchange with a prescription
which has already been filled somewhere else.
the best you can do is next rx, request a different brand..and check your
medication there at the counter before leaving.
you can call around to find a pharmacy ahead of time which carries the brand that
works best for you.
i'd also go ahead and call the pharmacy you filled your script at to let them
know of the issue...I could always be wrong..i don't believe I am though..
but at the least you could let them know that if you're unable to get a different brand
in the future, you'll have to take your business elsewhere...if they're selling an inferior
product, someone should let them know.

You're stuck with it. Technically, there should be no difference, its placebo effect. I've found the 512's to be the best too, to be honest, but it really probably is placebo.

some drugs the generic is fine, others they are piss poor knockoffs. even this dr was in agreement that some drugs just shouldnt be subsituted for generic. idk why but this one time my xanax was the green bars, forget the manufacturer atm but i thought they sucked! they felt a lot weaker than the normal greenstones i was getting and my other dr basically said i was imagining it. so i was stuck with the green ones for a month till i could have the rx changed over to a diff pharm. that you can do, which surprised me, i thought i would actually have to wait till i got another paper script, not have it transfered on a refil.

the fda regulates generic medicines very well in the USA, and IR medicines are very hard to fuck up. there is a lot of placebo effect between pill brands i will tell you that much. double blind studies will generally show that generics are the same deal as the brand name IRs...

if you really want to have a reproducible experience then smash and dissolve the pills in a shot of water/juice first, so the binders dont have an effect any more 9drug already in solution = fast absorbtion)

xr meds are usually another story though (see: generic wellbutrin fiasco)

and no, you can't return or exchange prescriptions, much less narcotic ones....

you have research to do here.

some general suggestions - if your preferred pill is not a generic, you can professionally bring that up with your doctor for next time (do not substitute for generic).
next level is that you can also professionally bring up a preference with your pharmacist.
These things will depend on your approach, and the rules.

It's possible that your pharmacy has used up the other bottle of brand you prefer and has moved on to the new supply , in which case if you do find a way to request your preferred brand, you will need to travel to another pharmacy to have it filled.

the fda regulates generic medicines very well in the USA, and IR medicines are very hard to fuck up. there is a lot of placebo effect between pill brands i will tell you that much. double blind studies will generally show that generics are the same deal as the brand name IRs...

if you really want to have a reproducible experience then smash and dissolve the pills in a shot of water/juice first, so the binders dont have an effect any more 9drug already in solution = fast absorbtion)

xr meds are usually another story though (see: generic wellbutrin fiasco)

and no, you can't return or exchange prescriptions, much less narcotic ones....

This

Closed

^i'm pretty sure you're screwed. they're not going to accept any kind of return or
exchange once you've left the building with the meds..
neither will another pharmacy make any sort of exchange with a prescription
which has already been filled somewhere else.
the best you can do is next rx, request a different brand..and check your
medication there at the counter before leaving.
you can call around to find a pharmacy ahead of time which carries the brand that
works best for you.
i'd also go ahead and call the pharmacy you filled your script at to let them
know of the issue...I could always be wrong..i don't believe I am though..
but at the least you could let them know that if you're unable to get a different brand
in the future, you'll have to take your business elsewhere...if they're selling an inferior
product, someone should let them know.

This post sums it up perfectly. Shame you didn't get your Malli's, you should definitely talk to your prescribing physician about this as it's not related to harm reduction, but your doctor just has to check a box on the RX pad for your next script, the Do Not Substitute box. Otherwise the pharmacy can use a "therapeutically equivalent" / generic of their choice. I also found the 512's to be my favorite and most effective, and long lasting. Easiest to work with, a nice score that divides perfectly. Pressed to the perfect consistency, not extremely compacted like the IP 204's (I've only tried the oxycodone 10mg / APAP).

Status
Not open for further replies.