• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

RCs Best stimulants for safe every-day use?

Status
Not open for further replies.

tweex

Bluelighter
Anyone know any good stimulants for every day use for high productivity.

I take Modafinil 600mg daily, which is certainly good, but not amazingly stimulating.

Low doses of methylphenidate work well also, but again not overly stimulating.

D-amphetamine just doesn't seem to work well daily, too tweeky.

Phenylpiracetam is not at all tweeky, very productivity-oriented, but builds tolerance fast at moderately stimulating doses.

<SNIP> MODNOTE: Please don't encourage drug use of any kind please, this is not a forum to glorify substances, read the rules.

Anyone on any stims that are fairly non-euphoric, but very motivating. :\

Edit: Also tried oral plain nicotine, works alright but builds tolerance fast at more stimulating doses and I have to go off a couple weeks to return to baseline. Non-euphoric or addicting without an MAO-I.

Last edited by a moderator:
If you like methylphenidate, you could try ethylphenidate but I'm not sure how it stacks up in direct comparison.

Ethylphenidate (EPH) and methiopropamine (MPA) are the two main RC stimulants at the moment. Both have been used extensively, to varying degrees of success, by people here as functional stimulants.

By the way, I think threads of this nature ("what drug should I take?") are against the rules but, hey, I don't make or enforce them.

If you like methylphenidate, you could try ethylphenidate but I'm not sure how it stacks up in direct comparison.

Ethylphenidate (EPH) and methiopropamine (MPA) are the two main RC stimulants at the moment. Both have been used extensively, to varying degrees of success, by people here as functional stimulants.

By the way, I think threads of this nature ("what drug should I take?") are against the rules but, hey, I don't make or enforce them.

I'm not asking what to take, I'm asking if people have had experience with a stimulant fitting a particular profile ;)

I've heard ethylphenidate is pretty crazy, I had a friend black out on it. Not too keen to try it.

Methiopropamine is fairly poorly studied in medical literature, although anecdotal experience makes it sound a lot like regular meth.

A Modafinil-Nocaine hybrid, and related compounds look interesting: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1395211/

No RC stim will be better than adderal or ritalin as far as I've seen. At least not at this time. Amphetamine and the like (dex, meth, isomers, etc) are the most "productive" substances for most people, and it seems for you as well...your chief complaint is not efficacy but is the tweakky side effects correct?

Without knowing ur dose and tolerance level, my first suggestion would be to try Vyvance. Its slow onset should help minimize tweaky feelings. Its also a single enantiomer, meaning it is just 1 chemical, as opposed to adderal with is a mix of 2 types of amphetamines. My understanding is, that the tweakiness people feel from adderal is partially due to the levoamfetamine in it. Vyvance does not contain this substance, it turns into pure dextroamf--the other substance in adderall

Now I've never taken vyvance but do have lots of experience with the other stims mentioned, and everyone I've spoken to said vyvance works but isn't as "fun" or hard hitting as adderal. This sounds like what you want tho....

My other suggestions would be to:

- stick with your adderal but lower the dose

- switch from provigill to nuvigil. I was on both, and didn't like either really because they weren't very effective...bUt, I did find nuvigil to be more stimulating than provigil. So maybe this will provide the improvement on modafanil ur looking for

- Propylhexadrine I have found to be VERY effective. Great stimulation, motivation, focus, etc...to where you can sit and work at ur computer for hours without realizing it just like with adderal. And at the same time, it has very little euphoria and does not lend itself to recreational use. So you will not get that mental tweaked feeling like from adderal. Also crash isn't so bad b/c of its long half life. HOWEVER, I'm ONLY AWARE OF IT BEING INSIDE BENZEDREX INHALERS, AND THEY CONTAIN MENTHOL AND LAVENDER OIL AS WELL, MAKING THE INGESTION OF THE PROPYLHEXADRINE VERY UNPLEASANT. I'm only able to take the stuff once in a while as I need time between doses to forget how nasty it tastes! There are literally times when I'm falling asleep at work in danger of being fired and I still won't take the stuff b/c its so nasty. Now if u have the time aand ability to isolate the propylhexadrine from the menthol and lavender then daily use would be tolerable. Or maybe u won't mind the taste so much (I'm not talking about taste in ur mouth, u can put the cut up cottons inside something to swallow them so u don't taste it going down, I'm talking about the taste from ur stomach as the oils come back up in burps)

Best of luck! But realize that right now, RC stims are just iimitations of the rx stuff, and u won't find a better stim in the rc mmarket than u would in the legit rx market when it comes to productivity and focus. If u want recreation/euphoria, then maybe u can find that with rc's, but I can't imagine any rc beating good ol' crystal meth on the receation/euphoria front.

Status
Not open for further replies.