• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Make your face numb?

The Dr

Bluelighter
Has anyone had experience with benzo's making your face numb? This is more targeted towards long term users and doesn't even have to be while the benzo is in it's life. In fact I'm more curious if this could happen as a sign of withdrawal or not having them. I have benzo's right next to me I can take, but I'd prefer not too. I don't know if I'm having a stroke although at this moment I do have every tell tale sign of one. Pains in neck and numb face. Anyway, just curious what people have to say.

May be a migraine, although this would be something new and I am not sensitive to sound whatsoever. Someone in the house has a imitrex I'm gonna snag in a few

I've been on benzos for roughly 7 years and I have never felt any sort of facial numbness.

Okay, thanks for the reply! I might have to get this checked out, I doubt it's something serious.

I've never felt face numbness from benzos, but I have experienced hands and feet going numb and tingling sometimes when I am in benzo interdose withdrawal, the w/d between doses of shorter acting benzos.

if i take xanax at a dose high enough for me to black out my face gets a bit numb for the 15min i'm high before i blackout but i've never had my face go numb due to not having them

Best would be to get it checked out by a med prof.
But just my 2 cents....... I have experienced this when in withdrawal, as well as when the benzo actually kicks in ( not your query, but just for info sake...the muscle relaxing properties cause this, however it is a nice feeling, but a similar feeling without taking any can psychologically make one think of all nasty things - it's what withdrawal does).

As I said, that is just my 2 cents, so please get a professional's opinion ASAP.