• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids expiry date on I.M. morphine sulphate

ross46

Greenlighter
SWIM found a 10mg I.M. morphine sulphate shot which is army issue, the expiry date says April 05. Is it still safe to use just with a possibility of lower potency? As i know that the expiry dates are put on as a garuntee of safety and effectiveness. Thanks

SWIM found a 10mg I.M. morphine sulphate shot which is army issue, the expiry date says April 05. Is it still safe to use just with a possibility of lower potency? As i know that the expiry dates are put on as a garuntee of safety and effectiveness. Thanks
change swim to 'I'. BL isn't like the other sites.
everyone's grown-up.
the expiry date is just that. should be safe, maybe a bit lower in potency, although I doubt it.
careful, morphine can have more of a kick than most give it credit for.

Im going to just put it in here since youre going to im, iv that shit! Lol
Thats assuming you have an opiate tolerance,, make sure you do bc 10mg iv to a non tolerant person will possibly be a tad too much. Annd the potency prob wont be diminished at all.

Under the conditions of this study, it is proposed that although decomposition of morphine to its main product, pseudomorphine, can be interpreted using first-order kinetics, consecutive (to form the N-oxide) and parallel mechanisms (to form apomorphine) exist. Morphine solutions were more stable in normal saline than in 5% dextrose. SheIf-life data indicate that morphine is stable for at least 6 weeks when protected from light. Exposure to light accelerates morphine decomposition two to six-fold depending on the concentration, and the shelf-life is reduced to about 1 week in some instances.

if it's been stored dark and cold there shouldn't be too much of an issue. but if it hasn't been stored properly it may have degraded to apomorphine... which is a powerful emetic (makes you puke). Not Good.

considering it's now 8 years expired I doubt it would be good to shoot it. theres expiry dates on morphine for a reason.