• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos About to be scripted Nitrazepam, anything I should know or an exp. user advice me?

THE_REAL_OBLIVION

Bluelight Crew
I'm going to my GP, which I really like, we got a great relationship going on since the years I know him, 2008, before that I was always bumping into anti-opiates NSAIDs (which mostly destroy my guts except for this one i finally found meloxicam...but thats unrelated, anyways) young doctors who have been brainwashed at university by big pharma representatives, unlike this guy which must be close to 70 and he's awesomely empathic. He knows i'm on methadone but knows it is for pain, i got it from MMT at first but I was transfered to a pain clinic where my neurologist talking with them about this neuralgias I have in my head at 2 different places caused me to get addicted to opiates at first due to buying some strong ones illegally, but he doesn't know that, come on me, go to the point, I just wanted to show how that doctor doesn't mind scripting me benzos short term cos I do not have the drug seeker label even if I was on MMT for a while..

I'm going to get 15 10mg nitrazepams with 1 refill mostly to use as a muscle relaxant because I injured my neck/badly stretched it and it is giving me insomnia very bad, and i'm going there primarily to have my yearly breathing test paper so I can go take it (mild asthma).

I read it is very hypnotic like temazepam but lasts longer and unlike temazepam does not leave one waking up 8 hours later sober ? You gotta take into account I already am scripted 20mg of valium daily by my psychiatrist who also has no problems scripting me that, its a weak benzo and a low dose due to my dx of severe anxiety / PTSD. I also am scripted .5mg of xanax prn and only 15 of them a month, rarely abuse em. So I have a benzo tolerance, but mostly mild.
I know it is not available in the USA since a decade or so for obscure reasons (maybe cos its related to flunitrazepam?)...but shoot up all the knowledge and self experience you guys have, my appointment is in 1h30 so I got time :)

Have a good day BL f(r)iends ;)

p.s and I do have insomnia lately and when I sleep some nightmares, lately I attribute it to the huge tanker train explosion in a small town near Montreal where I know some people in my family lived (thank fuck they are fine) but I couldn't know and they were part of the people unnacounted for.....but its because they were out of town....while the bar close to the tracks dowtown where the train derailed and exploded and burn probably disintegrated those people right away....what a creepy thought...and also I am slowly reducing my methadone dose lately, 2mg a month, it's making me have water retention and gain too much weight...so i gotta reduce the dose I am at now 49mg, by 2-3mg a month, went from 60mg tops thanks to benzos, something I have discussed before..but anyways I do not feel bad and I am not really abusing the system, I am having insomnia and I am not gonna be using more valium that an already scripted and be left shit out of luck and be put into benzo withdrawal again like I would so many often in the past when I would use an extra 10mg when something very stressful happened to me and I would be left out in the cold for 10 days sometimes due to government insurance not accepting to renew my script before the 2 day window...sorry for the rambling, I just don't want people to read this and go "oh the guy just wants to abuse benzos"..I sure am not and I was told by my doc on the phone yesterday I could get anything I wanted as long as i didnt want refills.

I also thought about asking for Dalmane (flurazepam), apparently thats an awesome sleeper too, i forgot that I never had tried that one too.

Last edited:
Well, just to give a follow up on this thread, I see I didn't get any replies, but it's okay, would have been wasted energy, my doctor was in one of those rare days where he would say that what I asked for was "drugs" and "you can't stop taking them once you take them", I was just asking for 15 with no refill...he did do something like that in the past, it's okay, he gave me some fucking trazodone and will call back next week listing all the bad side effects it is known to cause, and it's not malingering, Desyrel is the very first pharm I tried back in 2002 for insomnia and it caused me to have insane nightmares, tachycardia waking me up at night and things like that.

What bothers me in this change of behaviour is it that he looked at my dossier when I mentioned nitrazepam, which isn't something he does all that often, I'm worried he might have illegally obtained info from my psychiatrist without my permission, a hunch I had last year for some reason when I noticed my dossier was a suddenly much thicker than it ever had been at his clinic..

He had refused to script me benzos just once and it was because I had asked for a yearly script of Restoril after he had given me a 30 day supply when I was doing shifting shifts (2 weeks days, 2 weeks nights) and that I said it was the best thing ever to make me able to work such hours.

Right now in my canadian province they are trying to have this fascistic program of the ministry of health called the DSQ, where all of our medical dossiers at all doctors we ever visited, including dentists, would be available to all our doctors and pharmacists, ER's in the whole province and even social workers, I signed the papers that they very lightly advertised which gives us the chance to opt out of that fascistic program.

What I tell my psychiatrist, neurologist, pain doctors, dentists is each other's business, UNLESS their concerns overlap. I know some doctors violate the patient doctor confidentiality for benign reasons like lets say you bring medication from your psychiatrist and your refills are over and the date you will meet the psychiatrist doesn't fit with the date your medication end (believe me, that happens a LOT here, one of the bad things about single payer healthcare, health is a provincial issue, the federal government has nothing to do with it except split the money to provinces for them to manage, but often the bureaucracy is makes it a bit inefficient..not always) the most obvious sign healthcare is not managed well in ER's is that you manage to see a lot more private security guards (idiots who I have insulted often in the past, here they need to go to college for 3 years like a regular technical degree and pass it before they get to go the police academy and if they fail the tests their options are to become security guards for example).

They added a lot of them private security contractors in government hospitals because people, righteously, often have enough of the long wait times and the ridiculous dehumanizing experience of going to the ER, because of the aging of the population here, unlike in america, we stopped having 200 babies per family in the 60's and now we have 0,6 children per couple, we understood SOAD's song X about the need not to multiply...) but that comes with the price of many more old people who live longer, but live longer shitty years.

Anyways, I'm ranting a bunch, which is so unlike me 8) but I know i'll manage to try that rather exotic benzo still in the canadian pharmacopeia if I follow the rules and go see him back and tell him this desyrel shit almost killed me, which is possible, and since I opted-out of the DSQ and already had terrible reactions to desyrel, including seizures, which is how i got my first benzo, not to use regularly too, clonazepam, for insomnia, because of the neurological problems I have, which I think now I will have to open up to my GP and tell him about.

Meanwhile since i'm in need of a benzo i'll call my neurologist who whenever I see scripts me topamax and rivotril (clonazepam). It's not exotic but better than nothing, I just really need an extra benzo even if I have a script to 2, because one is xanax and i still have some, i respect it, i only get 15 a month but they are .5..in case of panic attacks and the 20mg of valium is a leftover from when i got rid of having to use 3mg of clonazepam a day.

All I wanted was to do a little experiment with a very limited amount of nitrazepam :(

What I tell my psychiatrist, neurologist, pain doctors, dentists is each other's business, UNLESS their concerns overlap

... which they do, a suprising amount of the time. Drug interactions, and all that. Some medications increase the risk of bleeding, etc. It's good to know what's going on with your patient when you go to treat them. Turns out a lot of the time people make little omissions, or outright lie.

I don't think doctors are here to prescribe medications for personal "experiments" ;)

Honestly these days clonazepam seems to be the go to benzo. I have seen older people (50+) that have older doctors who will write xanax. There are those strange exceptions however... one friend of mine had a bonkers script from a single shrink for suboxone (two 8mg strips a day :eek:) three 2mg xanax a day, and the real rarity of the show, a 60 count of Triazolam for sleep. Needless to say when attempting to get a referral to this fellow he wasn't currently taking any more patients.

I get 3 bars a day from my dr, so 90 a month and have been for like a year. Was on 4mg and asked to go up to 5mg and he gave me 6mg instead of just changing the rx to 1mg and altering it that way, but im guessing 90 bars doesnt raise eyebrows the way 180 1mg footballs would.

Indeed, about the triazolam... I had it once after telling an ER doctor while extremely agitated that I wasn't able to sleep since 3 weeks because of 911 back then...which was true, and I it the only way one can get it in canada... a 7 day supply to get one back into shape and stop the insomnia before it morphs into psychosis.

Nitrazepam (Mogadon) isn't really viewed as a bad one, I've never seen or had it, but what puzzles me is that I get valium and xanax from my shrink in those doses I told about, pretty low ones, and the xanax isn't a regular thing....the experiment was to see if 10mg of nitrazepam at night would be better than the valium (10mg bid a day) dose that I take, needing to take only one dose, the fact that I hear it continues to work even after some woke up, which isn't a problem with me honestly, the less pills I have to take the better.

I'll bring it up with my neurologist...he's the one who scripted me topamax (which I stopped taking and hes fine with it...what a disgusting bizarre drug) and clonazepam .5 bid for huge headache related problems, and I read that nitrazepam like clonazepam is used a lot in neurology too along with clobazam ( I really don't want that lame super weak one though).

Oh well, that or I'll ask my GP again when he's in a seemingly good mood, it really seems to depend on that with that guy...he's otherwise very useful. Thanks to him I will be getting testosterone shots due to the methadone I'm taking throwing my male hormone down the well...66 nanograms in my blood when i got tested (i hadn't slept for 2 days that morning when I had the tests taken, maybe it made it even worse) when I should be at 400 nanograms....it answers the question I've had about how come I was so fucking sleepy and only cared about sleep out of a sudden, it didn't happen when I was at the highest dose of methadone I got to (60mg, thanks to the benzos they let me use by my shrink's advice, I'm one of the exception when it comes to benzos, my doctors know I need them not only for anxiety but for neurological reasons too, which is why I was so very surprised to be refused a small 10 to 15 dose of nitrazepam as a trial medication when this guy has scripted me benzos on demand before....even after I got on methadone so I don't know what got into him.

Oh well, people are bizarre it seems, not only me lol. This thread can be closed unless somebody with experience with the Mogadon can chime in..

Thanks to him I will be getting testosterone shots due to the methadone I'm taking throwing my male hormone down the well...66 nanograms in my blood when i got tested (i hadn't slept for 2 days that morning when I had the tests taken, maybe it made it even worse) when I should be at 400 nanograms....it answers the question I've had about how come I was so fucking sleepy and only cared about sleep out of a sudden

Glad to hear that. More doctors should be prescribing Testosterone to hardocre opiate addicts and people on longterm methadone maintenance. Take into account the fact opiates lower testosterone and the numerous xenoestrogens found in plastics,food, and even the water and people wonder why males tend to pussified these days.

Testosterone is going to have you less fatigued, more energetic, your libido will return, and you should notice an increase in lean body mass. It wasn't until I started using Testosterone that my Methadone Maintenance became effective and I started living a normal life in terms of sleeping properly and experiencing no mood swings.

When you start your Testosterone, be on the lookout for itchy sensitive nipples or lumps under the nipples. Excess testosterone in the body aromitizes (converts basically) to estrogen and for some people it happens more so and that estrogen will bind to receptors under the nipples causing the development of breast tissue. For the most part this only happens when using bodybuilder dosages but for some it can happen at extremely low dosages.

Glad to hear that. More doctors should be prescribing Testosterone to hardocre opiate addicts and people on longterm methadone maintenance. Take into account the fact opiates lower testosterone and the numerous xenoestrogens found in plastics,food, and even the water and people wonder why males tend to pussified these days.

Testosterone is going to have you less fatigued, more energetic, your libido will return, and you should notice an increase in lean body mass. It wasn't until I started using Testosterone that my Methadone Maintenance became effective and I started living a normal life in terms of sleeping properly and experiencing no mood swings.

When you start your Testosterone, be on the lookout for itchy sensitive nipples or lumps under the nipples. Excess testosterone in the body aromitizes (converts basically) to estrogen and for some people it happens more so and that estrogen will bind to receptors under the nipples causing the development of breast tissue. For the most part this only happens when using bodybuilder dosages but for some it can happen at extremely low dosages.

Yeah man, thanks a lot for the advice, what's funnier is that I had to ask him if blood tests were fine, turns out the hospital didn't tell him about my low testosterone, low cortisol levels, subclinical hypothyrodism (dont need meds for it) probably a side effect of the methadone, like also how i am almost in the need of cholesterol meds and how my blood sugar was a bit low (3,26) but I tested it twice at the pharmacy since then and it was much more normal 4,9 and 4,8...so that was probably the lack of sleep when I had gotten those blood tests. I blame all of this on methadone, other opiates didn't make me want to eat sweets all the time, neither did they make me lacking energy, on the contrary, they gave me a fucking lot of energy! I read about how I could have lacked endorphins from all this bullshit bisphenol A(some estrogen-like molecule in our canned food and some other kinds of pre-packed food out there..), and during my first BA and in some years after when I was still a poor bum I was obviously eating a lot of that shit by default, you know things are wrong when you start to enjoy chef boyardee crap...I wish Canada would retrieve it's balls and ban Bisphenol A like europe did, their cans do not have those linings we have in america.....I was reading other forums related to low testosterone suffering guys and its funny how this one guy was saying his own doc wasn't told anything was wrong with those guys results until the guy got a copy of his blood tests and saw how low his testosterone was, went back to the doctor...and the doctor was like "that's because testosterone levels in men has been declining since a good 4 decades now and we don't know" and the guy suggested it was in the water..and the doctor had this uneasy laugh...

These fuckers know what is causing it. I guess money makes you forget about the invisible pollution and they easily get the testosterone shots/gel and whatever else they need way behind the rest of the population, then scolding them at large in magazines for bad health habits...fuck...I better press post quick reply before I get mad or BL kicks me out unexpectedly again...

Oh yeah...I really doubt i'll get excess testosterone....on those health specifics other forums i've seen people were speaking of having low testosterone and speaking of 320, 250 and 190 (the lowest I saw...) so if i'm at 66....

I could have lacked endorphins from all this bullshit bisphenol A(some estrogen-like molecule in our canned food and some other kinds of pre-packed food out there..), and during my first BA and in some years after when I was still a poor bum I was obviously eating a lot of that shit by default, you know things are wrong when you start to enjoy chef boyardee crap...I wish Canada would retrieve it's balls and ban Bisphenol A like europe did, their cans do not have those linings we have in america....

It is far less likely that the traces of BPA are fucking up your system than anything else, for a variety of reasons - it's generally only released into solution from extended heating or radiation, and generally I don't see people warming canned food hobo-style on an open flame. The major source of worry for most people was Nalgene/polycarbonate containers used for drinking water and food, especially if left in the sun.

In general environmental BPA levels are orders of magnitude below the observable effects level in freshwater fleas, at 3 nanograms per liter.(ref) Water treatment facilities in the US and Canada are generally pretty good with regards to organic compound removal, too. (assuming, again, you're not drinking out of ditches filled with sun-warmed Nalgene bottles of water)

Neither the US FDA, EPA, nor the National Toxicology Program seem concerned. The NTP study says risks are primarily to developing fetuses, and even then are of minimal concern for horomonal and prostate effects.

The absolute worst offenders in canned food, some canned tunas, have maybe 500 ng/g BPA. Sounds a lot, right? That's 0.0005 milligrams/gm food, or 0.075 mg per can! I think the mercury would effect you more than the food.
Average levels in canned e.g. soup are about 20-100ng/g - 0.05mg in a 500 gram can of food.

Also, BPA is rapidly metabolised in primates to nontoxic versions.

see also
http://www.fda.gov/newsevents/publichealthfocus/ucm064437.htm

I take mogadon I want to get off it which is why I came on this site. My understanding is that it is basically like for like with valium when you are trying to wean yourself off. Many doctors wouldn't prescribe 10mg mogadon nowadays anyway they are more likely to prescribe 5mg

I take mogadon I want to get off it which is why I came on this site. My understanding is that it is basically like for like with valium when you are trying to wean yourself off. Many doctors wouldn't prescribe 10mg mogadon nowadays anyway they are more likely to prescribe 5mg

Is there question here?
or are you just commenting?