• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos Advice for WDs?

Oxy8_8

Bluelighter
I ran out of Xanax last night (I've been taking 0.5mg three times a day and 1mg at night) for a month or so.
I ran out last night (around 2am) not realising I got my next script TOMORROW.
It's 10pm here now so I've got about 13hrs (going by average) until I get more. Because I wasn't abusing it and sticking to a fairly low dose and have only been using it daily for a few weeks, I doubt I will get any extreme WD.

I just wanted some tips to get me through the night?

My symptoms so far are sweating (although it's very hot today so maybe not related) and I keep getting mild waves of anxiety.

I have access to plenty of opiates (20mg of fentanyl in 200mcg doses) if they will stop WDs or at least help?
I also have promethazine which I take regularly as I have nausea (due to pancreatitis), have always suffered crippling intense anxiety and panic attacks (hence the xanax). I have insomnia, too and it also stops the opiate itch...basically it's a little God-send, helping in so many ways. Would that help?

I'm mainly looking for help with anxiety, it's only one day thank God.

I have chamomile as well as "Calms" and "Quiet Life" herbal anxiety "cures".

Sorry if this has been asked before. I live with my parents, but they're currently away, so I'm alone all day/night (only at home, lol, and it's just for a couple weeks) and being anxious alone is a lot worse than with company.

P.S. I'm aware moderate amounts of alcohol would be the best as it acts on the same GABA receptors, but I'm an alcoholic, 7 months sober, so that's a big no-go.

Last edited:
Are you honestly worried about going 24-36 hours without benzos and making it through the night before refilling your script?

Your symptoms could be more psychological than anything...

You'll be grand. It's not too high of a dose and you weren't taking them for long.

If you were choosing to stop I'd say get your script and taper your dose down over a week or two. I realise there's probably a legitimate reason you are taking these but the longer you're on them the worse WD symptoms will be when you finally do stop.

Unless you decide to take them for life, which carries its own problems.

Good luck :)

You won't suffer any significant physical withdrawal from such a short period of time without them. You may have some minor trouble sleeping, but don't let that freak you out.

You'll be grand. It's not too high of a dose and you weren't taking them for long.

If you were choosing to stop I'd say get your script and taper your dose down over a week or two. I realise there's probably a legitimate reason you are taking these but the longer you're on them the worse WD symptoms will be when you finally do stop.

Unless you decide to take them for life, which carries its own problems.

Good luck :)

Thanks :) and yes, there is. I take them for anxiety and panic attacks.

Thanks for reassuring me I'll be fine. I'm also on Oxy for chronic pain and ran out early and had 2 days of hell.

Hey you will be okay. Whenever you run out make sure to have friends close by. They can help you through. You can email me whenever you wish.