• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Heroin A few general questions about heroin?

Status
Not open for further replies.

TweakerBirdie

Bluelighter
I just have a couple questions about heroin. I don't know if anyone really has the answers to them, but I'm curious. (And sorry if this should have been added to another thread. I wasn't sure if it should be added to the Heroin Mega Thread or not, but I'm really, really sorry if it should have been)

1) About how long does it take to become physically dependent on heroin, and what level of use (a couple times a month, a few times a week, every other day, every day, etc.) would one have to be at to become physically dependent? Just an estimate.
2) I just started out doing heroin. How often is too often to do it? Meaning, is it okay if I do it on the weekends, or is even that too much?
3) What are the dangers of mixing heroin and meth (Speedballing)? Besides the risk of not feeling the heroin because of the meth, taking more, and ODing- I've heard that one before.
4) How long does a heroin high last? Assuming the heroin is IV'ed.
5) What's an estimate of how much a first time user should use? Assuming that the heroin is China White, and that it's an average purity (if there is such thing as an average purity level)

Thanks to anyone who answers. I appreciate it.

I just read your other thread about mixing meth and heroin in the same syringe... the same thread in which you stated you just tried heroin for the first time the night before. I've considered answering your questions one by one, but let me just say this right off the bat- if you're trying to figure out how often you can use without becoming dependent, you will most likely become dependent very soon. It's obvious you REALLY liked that first shot, most of us do. Most of us also set up rules at one time or another to avoid dependence: "I'll only use on weekends" "I'll make sure I put three days in between each use" "I'll make sure I won't use any more than three days in a row" "I'll make sure I won't use next week, since I used every day this week."
See where I'm going with this?
You will end up breaking these rules, and ten (perhaps hundreds of) thousands of dollars later you'll wonder what the hell happened to your life.
Ok, I'll stop the lecture there and try to answer your questions:
1) If you only use one day per week, you can avoid dependence. (But the odds are against you being able to do that)
2) More than two days per week is asking for trouble.
3) The dangers are myriad, but the one you mentioned is probably the most significant.
4) An IV heroin high lasts about six to eight hours if you're new to it. Once you get accustomed to it, the high gets shorter and shorter.
5) I'm on the east coast and get dope in stamp bags, I don't know how you get it, and no one on here will know the purity of what you get, so I can't really tell you.
Sorry if I came off sounding too preachy, you just sound like you're in a really vulnerable spot right now and my heart actually aches a little bit for you. Good luck, man, and for the love of God don't get high without a friend around, preferably one who has Narcan ready and will call 911 if you need it.

If I was you, I would try to save it only for special occasions or a weekend once or twice a month but its all psychological mainly

^^ I was gonna say the same thing. Once you fall in love with that rush, you'll make all kinds of rules in your head and you'll end up breaking sooner than later. When dope is on your mind 24/7, even if you told yourself "im gonna wait til saturday" or something, you'll find how fucking hard it is to even wait 10 minutes. Ok enough lecturing, I can't tell you what or whatnot to do, but it seems like your starting out on the long, sickly road I know so well. Using heroin caused me a lot of pain for a long time and I don't want anyone to have to go through what I did. But they will anyway.. So to answer your questions:

1. It can take only a few times back to back to get physically dependent. In all my relapses, I would usually start getting dopesick on day 2 or 3 of using.
2. I would say once a week, if your actually able to stick to that.
3. Be careful when speedballing, dont go above your normal amount of either substance.
4. When I first started the high was 3-4hrs but got shorter (like 1 hr) as my habit grew.
5. I cant tell you how much is a good amount bc I have no idea how good it is. For no tolerance, I would start with around 50mg (half a point) and wait like 30 min before you decide if you need more.

1) About how long does it take to become physically dependent on heroin, and what level of use.

Greatly dependent on personal physiology and level of usage. Using it for more than 48-72 hours continuously will probably make you feel shit when you stop suddenly. But any regular usage will eventually get you. If you do it once a month you can probably chip for years. Once a week, maybe not. Generally with increasing amounts of abuse, withdrawal and dependence is easier to bring on. People often notice they can do heroin once every day with no ill effects... for about a week, and then you start waking up sweating bullets, and you're shitting a lot, and you feel real achey.

You shouldn't have to worry about the possibility of physical dependence in the first place, assuming you don't use it often. But so many people get bitten in the ass and seduced by Sister Heroin and end up saying "If I can do it every month, why not every week?"...

2) I just started out doing heroin. How often is too often to do it? Meaning, is it okay if I do it on the weekends, or is even that too much?
Keep it to weekends (or every other weekend), but the longer in between heroin usage the better.

3) What are the dangers of mixing heroin and meth (Speedballing)?
Two possibilities for cut drugs (and the cuts could interact badly), delayed onset of the heroin (like you mentioned), and the combination can reduce side effects to the point where you take physically unhealthy levels of either drug, leading to increased risk of e.g. stroke, seizure, nausea, cardiac arrest, so on. Some human studies (with hydromorphone and cocaine) suggest that "speedballs" aren't any more rewarding than either drug used alone.

4) How long does a heroin high last? Assuming the heroin is IV'ed.

Check erowid. 2-4 hours.

5) What's an estimate of how much a first time user should use?
"China White"... heh. You mean powder heroin. Ask your dealer - for absolutely pure pharmaceutical heroin, around 2-5mg is a good starting dose if you have low to moderate tolerance. You don't need very much. Check erowid.

You will end up breaking these rules, and ten (perhaps hundreds of) thousands of dollars later you'll wonder what the hell happened to your life.

This. Almost every opioid user ends up slipping at elast once, if not many times... and heroin users are generally some of the worst for that. That's the Facts of Life.

^^ I was gonna say the same thing. Once you fall in love with that rush, you'll make all kinds of rules in your head and you'll end up breaking sooner than later. When dope is on your mind 24/7, even if you told yourself "im gonna wait til saturday" or something, you'll find how fucking hard it is to even wait 10 minutes. Ok enough lecturing, I can't tell you what or whatnot to do, but it seems like your starting out on the long, sickly road I know so well. Using heroin caused me a lot of pain for a long time and I don't want anyone to have to go through what I did. But they will anyway.. So to answer your questions:

1. It can take only a few times back to back to get physically dependent. In all my relapses, I would usually start getting dopesick on day 2 or 3 of using.
2. I would say once a week, if your actually able to stick to that.
3. Be careful when speedballing, dont go above your normal amount of either substance.
4. When I first started the high was 3-4hrs but got shorter (like 1 hr) as my habit grew.
5. I cant tell you how much is a good amount bc I have no idea how good it is. For no tolerance, I would start with around 50mg (half a point) and wait like 30 min before you decide if you need more.

On question 4, how long did it take before your highs started getting shorter and shorter?

4) How long does a heroin high last? Assuming the heroin is IV'ed.[/I]
Check erowid. 2-4 hours.

5) What's an estimate of how much a first time user should use?
"China White"... heh. You mean powder heroin. Ask your dealer - for absolutely pure pharmaceutical heroin, around 2-5mg is a good starting dose if you have low to moderate tolerance. You don't need very much. Check erowid.

I didn't even think of checking Erowid. Thanks for reminding me about it!

I just read your other thread about mixing meth and heroin in the same syringe... the same thread in which you stated you just tried heroin for the first time the night before. I've considered answering your questions one by one, but let me just say this right off the bat- if you're trying to figure out how often you can use without becoming dependent, you will most likely become dependent very soon. It's obvious you REALLY liked that first shot, most of us do. Most of us also set up rules at one time or another to avoid dependence: "I'll only use on weekends" "I'll make sure I put three days in between each use" "I'll make sure I won't use any more than three days in a row" "I'll make sure I won't use next week, since I used every day this week."
See where I'm going with this?
Ok, I'll stop the lecture there and try to answer your questions:
1) If you only use one day per week, you can avoid dependence. (But the odds are against you being able to do that)
2) More than two days per week is asking for trouble.
3) The dangers are myriad, but the one you mentioned is probably the most significant.
4) An IV heroin high lasts about six to eight hours if you're new to it. Once you get accustomed to it, the high gets shorter and shorter.
5) I'm on the east coast and get dope in stamp bags, I don't know how you get it, and no one on here will know the purity of what you get, so I can't really tell you.
Sorry if I came off sounding too preachy, you just sound like you're in a really vulnerable spot right now and my heart actually aches a little bit for you. Good luck, man, and for the love of God don't get high without a friend around, preferably one who has Narcan ready and will call 911 if you need it.

I appreciate very much that you care. I've already broken my "only get high on the weekends" rule, so I suppose you were right. I got high a few days ago for the first time, then last night, then today. And probably again tomorrow. So, yeah, you were right, as was everybody else whose answered this question/similar questions.
Do you think that I'll be sick when I stop using it, assuming that tomorrow is the last day I use it for a week or so? I already felt a bit nauseous today, but I didn't think that it could possibly be dopesick, right?

I appreciate very much that you care. I've already broken my "only get high on the weekends" rule, so I suppose you were right. I got high a few days ago for the first time, then last night, then today. And probably again tomorrow. So, yeah, you were right, as was everybody else whose answered this question/similar questions.
Do you think that I'll be sick when I stop using it, assuming that tomorrow is the last day I use it for a week or so? I already felt a bit nauseous today, but I didn't think that it could possibly be dopesick, right?

3 days of use with no tolerance before hand, I do not expect any physical withdrawals, if so mild, but a fire is starting in your mind and you are only feeding it.

I wish I had never used heroin.
I wish I was at the start of my usage again but I cannot say that if I was, that I would not choose it all over again, for those few years of paradise before the hell.
That's terrible isn't it?
I wish I hadn't but given the chance I know I would again.

If you are not already caught then trust me/us advice and don't do it ever again unless like your terminal ill and have six months to live then go for it.

The rest of your life you will never forget heroin will never feel as much pleasure will never be truly happy again without heroin. It will truly be like you experienced paradise and was cast out by god.

See end of 'a scanner darkly' book and movie.

I've already broken my "only get high on the weekends" rule, so I suppose you were right

this is why people told you to quit. I love hoe H makes me feel...i love it so much that i just cant control it. I dont know anyone making H one or twice per week and not failling , latetr or sooner, in addiction. Thats why i told yo to keep me on touch about your situation. I dont have any bad desire to you, its just so usual to start messing with H like "im not going to fell in addiction" and later..fall into this

The very first time I used heroin I IV'ed it, since that day I was hooked. That was in 2001. Today I am sober form H. Yeah I am on the suboxone program but I have been clean for over a year. I take my prescribed benzos and adderall but that's it. I tried a methadone program but it was it for me. I take 24mg of Suboxone daily. Let me tell you it has been a long long time since I've had this long clean. Honestly I still remember and think of that warm blanket of heroin.

My advice to you is to stop now, at least for that week offf you said you're trying to do. It's not too lateto get out of this without getting dependent. Not yet. Best of luck man

Never go for longer than 4 days without taking a 1 month break......that's how I used when I did so responsibly, but it got out of hand real easy, real fast in my experience.

Don't fuck with Heroin. It is to be respected.

All of this has been covered in the Heroin Megathread and many others, multiple times. This is also like the 5th thread you've made asking basically the same questions... then when people give you answers you don't like, (for example.. you're ruining your life and are not going to be able to control this which is obvious just by your progression of use since beginning on this site and posting) you get pissed..

Closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.