Film & Television

Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

actors that irritate you vs. get outta my facial.

kytnism

Bluelight Crew
two nights ago i was watching the film nine months, and had to stop watching as hugh grant makes me want to stick pins into my eyeballs. his ken doll hairdo, and cartoon like animated acting style mixed with just enough british pomp was driving me crazy. sorry hugh, youve made my acting shitlist.

f&t what actors/actresses drive you crazy (to the point where you will avoid watching something simply because they are in it) and why?

...kytnism...:|

- Katherine Heigl
- Jason Biggs
- Owen/Luke Wilson (outside of Wes Anderson movies)
- Robert Downey Jr. (after he got sober)

That was the top of my head. I'll probably end up coming back to this thread multiple times, though.

Seth Rogen. Every good movie I've seen him in (besides "Observe and Report") was good despite his presence, even if he was the main character.

I agree with you about Robert Downey Jr.
Vin Diesel/The Rock
Jonah Hill
Adam Sandler
Matthew Mcconaughey
Ashton Kutcher

Seth Rogen. Every good movie I've seen him in (besides "Observe and Report") was good despite his presence, even if he was the main character.

Observe and Report is awesome. It wasn't really a stretch for Seth Rogen, character-wise, but it's probably the best movie he's been in.

I like him as a writer, but I think he's pretty bland as an actor (and his laugh is fucking annoying). I don't avoid his movies though because, like you said, they tend to be good despite his presence.

sad you don't like luke and owen, MrGrunge. though i appreciate your exception.

juliette lewis. bitch ruins movies.

Dane Cook
David Spade
James Franco
Nicholas Cage
Rob Schneider
Sylvester Stallone

Rainn Wilson... he just does... even though he made me laugh a FEW times.
dwight.jpg

Jimmy Fallon--the actor and the character.

Also, Blake Griffin.

Vince Vaughn. He was enough to keep me away from The Internship even with the (few) glowing reviews.

Will Ferrell - I don't find him funny

Topher Grace
Michael Cera
Kirsten Dunst
Drew Barrymore

for those 4 its mostly a plus, they do smug and entitled so well. Topher and Cera do generically inept really well, its like being smart and stupid at the same time. Watch Dunst in Melancholia for someone to completely hate. Barrymore's character in Donnie Darko.

Joe Pantoliano - ? its the Memento douche factor, his voice generally cuts like a knife.

Billy Bob Thornton, my top actor to have a hate on - he strikes me as a complete fake both offscreen and on.

^ acting is the very definition of being fake! that's a compliment (on screen).

:)

alasdair

I'm not saying he's a bad actor, he just looks like a grocery store manager who keeps dead cats in his basement or has a large black lady as his Mistress, who he enjoys and pays for her to walk over him in heavy boots. The whole musician thing he's got going is like a license for him to be an asshole. He's a big fake, queer Southern man who isn't from the south. I hate his soul patch. And the simple fact he was in Armageddon is pathetic.

I wouldn't trust him with a baby that's for sure.

hhahaha

^ acting is the very definition of being fake! that's a compliment (on screen).

:)

alasdair

I don't think that's true. Acting, as I understand it, is all about expressing the genuine. The actors themselves are participating in a fiction, sure, but if their performance lacks a sense of emotional authenticity it seriously detracts from the film. Actors spend their entire careers figuring out how to portray honest emotion in such a way so that the audience can relate to them; if an actor comes across as "fake", the audience loses their sense of immersion. Characters are fake, actors are real - but a good actor can make the audience forget that.

Jimmy Fallon--the actor and the character.

Words cannot express how much I agree with you. So: +1

Personally, Louise Brooks has always been a hotsy-totsty dame among my colleagues. HORSEFEATHERS! She always seemed like a ragamuffin to me.