• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe only 8 suboxone left, and on 4mg a day

Dboy1987

Bluelighter
Hey I'll try to make this short and sweet. Been using heroin 10 years iv and just 1 month ago i was put On suboxone. I started the sub doing 4mg iv in the morning and 4mg iv before bed... But 2 weeks ago i was forced out of state for work, so i switched to under the tongue which required me to double my dose just to function... Luckily i am now down to 2mg morning, 2mg night. Now the freaky part i only have 8 strips left with no way of getting more. I thought i would be fine jumping from 4mg a day but then i read the horror stories. So I'm not feeling great at 4mg a day but its managable what do you suggest i do because I'm really freaking out cause I have to keep working no matter how I'm feeling. Please any advice is greatly appreciated

You should feel fine taking 4mg a day. Even that is a really high dose. Switch to dosing once a day and stay away from injecting your bupe if you are serious about quitting opiates. I would start taking 2mg a day for a few days. Then cut your dosage in half every few days until you are around .125mg then quit taking it.

A lot of this is all in your head to be honest and I suggest trying to have a positive mindset. Try doing things such as working out or whatever makes you happy as long as it doesn't involve drugs.

Wow i never would think of 4mg as a high dose. I read all the time about people being on 16+ mg a day. Guess this stuff is more potent than i thought. I think I'm uncomfortable on 4mg a day because i just tapered from 16mg a day down to 4 within a week. So ive been on 4mg for 2 days now. U think by tomorrow i should go down to 2mg? I don't like tapering so fast but i don't really have a choice cause my supply is so limited.. Should i do 1mg morning and 1mg night? Im not going to iv anymore i know that was beyond stupid but it helped my needle fetish, but now that is the least of my worries. Thank you for the reply though, i have no where else to turn to for help/advice. I also thought jumping from 4mg wouldn't be that bad cause i was on sub for only a month. Am i wrong about that? Thank you again its much appreciated

Sorry i re read and noticed you said i should switch to taking my whole dose once a day instead of splitting it up. Is there good reasoning or logic to doing this? Only reason i split it up is cause i start to feel real crummy near 10 pm if i take my first dose at 8am. I do keep busy though im working out of my home state and usually work 14 hours a day

Start cutting your dose by 25% a day and see how you feel. 4mg's is way to high a dose to jump off at. It would be brutal and unnecessarily so. Ideally, to make it a lot easier, you want to hop off at <.5mg's.

Hey I'll try to make this short and sweet. Been using heroin 10 years iv and just 1 month ago i was put On suboxone. I started the sub doing 4mg iv in the morning and 4mg iv before bed... But 2 weeks ago i was forced out of state for work, so i switched to under the tongue which required me to double my dose just to function... Luckily i am now down to 2mg morning, 2mg night. Now the freaky part i only have 8 strips left with no way of getting more. I thought i would be fine jumping from 4mg a day but then i read the horror stories. So I'm not feeling great at 4mg a day but its managable what do you suggest i do because I'm really freaking out cause I have to keep working no matter how I'm feeling. Please any advice is greatly appreciated

Hi Dboy1987,

I jumped at 2mg with minimal WD's. I have been exercising, drinkings lots of water, eating really healthy, vitamins, taking Imodium (life saver), and use 5 hour energy when I have to go to work or do a bunch of stuff outside the house to give me an added boost of energy, which actually works great! I would look up how to do a fast tapper if you have not already. I was on Sub's for 2 + years, which is a long time but I needed that time to get away from my drug of choice, mostly oxy's. The only thing I would worry about is the fact that you have only been taking it for a month, which has a negative side and a good side.
First the good side: I would imagine that you WD off of subs will be less because you have not had enough time really build up the sub's in your system, at least not 2 years like me.
The bad side: the reason why doctors usually have patients on Sub's for longer then a month, usually a year or so, is because for many addicts it takes some time mentally and physically to get away from our Drug of Choice and live a life w/o them, Sub's give you no choice but to stay "clean" because of course even if you took H with sub's you will not get high.

There is one positive side of being out of work; if you decide to get off sub's at least you don't have to go to work during your WD. I myself planned to get off Sub's right after I was done with school, with no job, for the reason that I wanted time to heal at the house. To be honest I don't think it would of been as easy if I was working and I might of just said fuck it all and just went back to using, just to get by.

You don't have to tapper by 1mg increments if you don't want to. Instead of going from 4mg in the morning and night to 2mg both morning and nights, try to go to 3.5 to 3 and so on. Also I don't know if you have heard of kratom but that can help for those who are trying to get off sub's as well. But to be honest If you are just going to be at the house anyways, just go ahead and get as low as you can and then jump. it's 5 days of annoying WD, but nothing that is not manageable. After day 5 or 6 it get's much better!!! I have a thread going about my experience, I am now on day 8 with no sub's. You may of already read it, but if you have not it has lot's of good info of people who are jumping at this very moment! I think the title is "Day 5 off suboxone, not as bad...."

I wish you the best of luck! Stay positive, stop reading horror stories, it's only going to make you anxious!! Trust me I read those stories too, now on day 8 and don't know what all the fuss is about! Feeling better every day :)