• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzos of course it happened again

ANewKindOfArmy

Bluelighter
Ok, so i am a recovering Heroin addict well, yeah Opiates\oids in general but mostly H . Now I have been off H and other opiates\oids for almost 3 years now. I also was rx'ed valium about a year ago after trying numerous ssri's and ssni's and all sorts of combinations for Generalized anxiedy disorder and manic depression. I ended up being rx'ed 5mgs twice a day then kept upping it and upping than adding xanax .5 as needed (alprozolam) to it. Now, i take a one time a day dose of 8mgs of alprozolam a day alot i know. and no valium at all:(. According to the benzo calculator's 10mgs diazepam is = to .5 alprozolam. I have 26 5mg valium tabs and 1 .5 xanax, doing the math i see that 24 would be 6mgs of alprozolam, and have 2 left over and still have the .5. The thing im worried about is taking 26 valiums even safe to do... it seems like swallowing a half of script of pills cant be good even though the amount equates lower than im used too. I remember with oxycodone when i was taking it from percocets the apap over 3000 would start causing liver damage so i never have eaten this many valium and am not sure if their is a binder or filler that could hurt me at that dose. They are just 5mg valiums teva 3926. also, im basically trying to feel ok, have as close to my normal feel from the dose and be safe doing so. So yeah basically i was thinking about taking the .5 and the 26 and hoping not to be sick and be safe at the same time. If anyone is around and up who knows if this is safe or not to do i'd be very thankful. i do most of the time also add in 75mgs of Diphenhydrinamine you know benadryl as it seems to potentiate it for me. I do understand i am in a place where this has become abuse, and need to get to a rehabilitation center asap, i plan to taper, but i dont know how to with benzo's because of the withdrawls being what they can be. is the tapering process anything like opiate\opioid tapering and how could i take this dose asap and be ok as the wd's are comming8(. Thank yous in advance, the advice given on here has never let me down before.

- B

Ok, so i am a recovering Heroin addict well, yeah Opiates\oids in general but mostly H . Now I have been off H and other opiates\oids for almost 3 years now. I also was rx'ed valium about a year ago after trying numerous ssri's and ssni's and all sorts of combinations for Generalized anxiedy disorder and manic depression. I ended up being rx'ed 5mgs twice a day then kept upping it and upping than adding xanax .5 as needed (alprozolam) to it. Now, i take a one time a day dose of 8mgs of alprozolam a day alot i know. and no valium at all:(. According to the benzo calculator's 10mgs diazepam is = to .5 alprozolam. I have 26 5mg valium tabs and 1 .5 xanax, doing the math i see that 24 would be 6mgs of alprozolam, and have 2 left over and still have the .5. The thing im worried about is taking 26 valiums even safe to do... it seems like swallowing a half of script of pills cant be good even though the amount equates lower than im used too. I remember with oxycodone when i was taking it from percocets the apap over 3000 would start causing liver damage so i never have eaten this many valium and am not sure if their is a binder or filler that could hurt me at that dose. They are just 5mg valiums teva 3926. also, im basically trying to feel ok, have as close to my normal feel from the dose and be safe doing so. So yeah basically i was thinking about taking the .5 and the 26 and hoping not to be sick and be safe at the same time. If anyone is around and up who knows if this is safe or not to do i'd be very thankful. i do most of the time also add in 75mgs of Diphenhydrinamine you know benadryl as it seems to potentiate it for me. I do understand i am in a place where this has become abuse, and need to get to a rehabilitation center asap, i plan to taper, but i dont know how to with benzo's because of the withdrawls being what they can be. is the tapering process anything like opiate\opioid tapering and how could i take this dose asap and be ok as the wd's are comming8(. Thank yous in advance, the advice given on here has never let me down before.

- B

Tapering is tapering. It's the same principle with benzos as with opiates, gradually lowering your dose as to not shock your body by suddenly stopping something it is dependent on.

thank you for the taper advice now i need to try this is it safe?

but is this safe to do? as in eat 26 pills well 27 if you count the .5 xanax?? because im definitely getting sick but i dont know if it's safe to eat that many pills themselves. According to tolorance and the benzo chart, 24 equates to 3 2mg xanax, i could take 26 and the .5 and be right around it. i just dont know if its safe to eat so many pills themselves at once. Since i usually take 8mgs of xanax.

Last edited:
It's def not safe and this is coming from a high tolerance opiate user. Also, benzos when I can get my paws on some double bars. Is this ur last "hurrah" until u taper? I wouldn't recommend it. There's jus so high u can get from benzos anyways w/out falling asleep or worse. If ur tryna stop, I would start tapering now instead of upping ur normal dose. And of course u know that drugs effect everyone differently. It sounds like an awful lot to me. Are u tryna eat all 26 at one time or gradually thru-out the day? Idk, it seems like that wouldn't even be safe to do even over the course of the day.

No im attempting to get the same power out of valium to stop benzo withdrawl. Diazepam is much weaker than alprozolam (xanax) so 10mgs of it equals a peach xanax, i eat 4 2mg bars a day at the same time. Im trying to get the same effect or atleast near it so i am not sick anymore.

and i understand what you mean but benzo's you do grow tolorance to as well just as in opiods... i know what you're saying but this isnt a last Harrah, it's a stop me from being sick safely.

Last edited:
Oh ok I see I see. Yeah if u don't dose enough w/ Benzos u can def get sick or quite possibly have seizures. Be careful whatever u do please. I'm sure there are other more experienced benzo users that can help u w/ ur dilemma. I hope u find ur answer.

Take just enough to hold you. No need to shoot fir the stars.

Valium is much longer actung than xanax which will hold you from wds signifucantly longer than xanax alone. Thats the reason why valium is the stock benzo used for such tapers.

Thank you Tentram. i actually got very lucky and came into a friend who had Alprozolams so i grabbed those and immediatly ate them. I started my taper, i dropped it to 3.5 bars so 6.5mgs. I feel fine, im hoping tomorrow i can drop it straight to 3, and be ok and stay on that for about a week maybe 2 then try dropping down to 5.5mgs. It seems if i can drop 1mg or 2mg at a time every week or two that'd be fine and id be out of this mess faster than i ever expected. I'm saving the valiums for the detox before rehab when i get to low enough where i can use the valiums and not have to eat handfuls of them. I get another Rx soon, and another one after that not long after so, i should have more than enough to make drop it to the point of Detox in rehab not bad at all. thank you everyone for helping me out, i definitely did get lucky getting that call when i did i was about to waste that handful of Valiums and not have them for my taper when at that point. everyone be safe,

I hate it, i thought H was hard to kick, i havent even wanted to go near it since i've been of it this almost 3 years now. Now because of rx'ed benzo's i ended an active addict again, fucking sucks and it's my own fault i should have known better but you know when you have mental problems you get tired of being a test bunny and i thought id be ok, obviously this wasnt right. Keep this in mind anyone thinking about quiting x chemical here and starting x chemical here. Us addicts are addicts people who can recrationally do them can, we cant. thanks everyone for listening.

_B

Last edited:
i hate valium, it seems like when i take alot, i get a blocked effect... i had a high tolerance to xanax (well 6mg a day), and i ate 60 valium 5's at once, and only felt mild relaxation, its so weak..cuz its so long acting...

Have you considered checking into an inpatient detox for benzo withdrawal and being put on a real medically supervised taper?

wish you luck with this benzo withdrawl is no fun at all had an addiction to injectable midazloam it was a living nightmare even with a supervised reduction on vallium i was not right or myself for months and months

There is no other synergistic ingredients in Valium or Xanax like the APAP in Percocet so I think the worst side effect you would experience is maybe an upset stomach from the binders of that many pills. It's definitely not a good thing to be doing constantly but I think you should be alright to do it this one time.

Sorry for the long wait, to be honest after i found that friend with them, i was ok i can get rid of this sickness and like a douchebag forgot to get back to the people trying to help me, for that i am sorry. To those who asked about thinking about going to an inpatient detox or a Supervised detox i am definitely going to an inpatient. I get full benifits from my work Funny in August when i have 3 years off opiates\opioids but this time now for benzo's. Like i said i didn't even relise i had a problem until i woke up one day and realised my scripts were empty and i was calling people for bars. It snuck up on me and actually was quite depressed because i relised i ruined all the work i put into getting off IV H. It's weird how it slowly creeps up on you like this. Before i got off of bupe, i was rx'ed these two substances Diazepam and Alprozolam ( i know most know but some might not Diaz is Valium, Alpro Xanax) anyway i continue seeing the DR. Where i have counseling sessions and at the same time with the meds. This week when i saw her i talked to her about how i realised i have become addicted to Benzo's that she rx's. Weirdly instead of taking me off them they Changed Valium To Klonopin R 35's which i do have a question about they are rock hard, is that normal? ive never had a benzo that was hard like that they were always chalky or soft know what i mean? And Left the xanax at 1mg up to 3 times a day as needed. We talked about me going into an inpatient facility and they shot it down, i know bupe dr's are notorious for doing this to people Giving them huge bupe doses and Overly slow with the taper and at 155 dollars everytime i go they are milking me. So at this point, im thinking about just staying on what im on. But now that im rx'ed 2mg kpins i can use them as a detox drug because of their long half life, im not sure which is longer valiums or klonopins but i know ones around what 800 hours the other not far behind. Tapering until august then entering a facility since my benifits from work will kick in and i will get my paid vacation that i can use for detox. As weird as this is about to sound and i know everyones heard it, but the dependance to benzo's really isnt like my addiction to H was. With H, i wanted, had to have it and did as much as possible. With Benzo's now its at the spot ok im now taking them only because i have too. the only thing im worried about is once im off everything but effexor which also has a nasty wd but they cutely call it " Discontinuation Syndrome" that my generalized anxiedy will come back and how the other meds in the past didn't work why would they now? Im kinda in a spot, know what im trying to say? I'm not sure what to do in that area but i guess one thing at a time. so to answer posters questions, BOTH. Bluelight you never let me down, thank you's for the advice and keeping up with my thread trying to help even while i wasnt here like a dickhead. Always here. Thank yous again,

-B

No doubt Xanex activates in the body quicker, and for me, has a more instant effect. That said Valium had a much longer half-life and provide a longer lasting effect that I think your case is what is needed. At one point I could take 5 2mg Xanex and remain awake and function.., If your attempting to taper, the reality is your trying to fend off serious physical Repercussions. Mine coming off copius amounts of Xanex I had multiple seizures. Valium will provide a longer benzo effect even though it most certainly won't be as appealing as large amounts your use to. I strongly sugguest not taking that many at once. Never. For me 10mg Valium equated to about 1mg Xanex. For me tappering was hard, and through out was not pleasant. But with Valiums effects lasting longer in my system it staved off full blown withdrawal, that was leading to seizures. This I assure you is much MUCH better than multiple seizures a day.

I know some people who have eaten whole scripts of clonazepam at once and only woke up with a headache. I'd assume it's safe honestly. the LD50 rate for benzos is insanely high. as far as liver damage, it can't be any worse than drinking a 12 pack of beers if you ask me. but I'm no doctor.