• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids going on trip, won't have my methaadone--how to fight w/d?

walterdini

Bluelighter
I'm going away soon for 7 daays, and may not get any takehome bottle of methdone for my trip. Currently on 140mg/day MMT. I've mnaged to save enough 'done to take approx 65mg/day while sway. (Saved up 465mg's total). So I won't have to go CT but I won't be comfortable that much either.

I will have access to OTC codiene pills, and I can find heroin there also, its shit, but its better than nothing.

My question is this: in what order should I take the 3 drugs mentioned above for maaximum efficacy?

My plan was this: just take the 'done first and see how that holds me on day 1. With all the 'done floating aaround in my body from chronic use, 65mg should hold me ok on day 1. If needed take 20mg more later on in evening.

I don't think the codiene will do much of anything, and only mentioned it b/c it will be easier to get than dope. So if/when I do need a full agonist to supplement my 'done, if I can't get dope that day, I will use codeine.

On day. 2 or 3, assuming I was able to get some dope, I will snort or plug the dope first thing in the morning before the done. Here's my thinking: while 65mg is not enough for my tolerance to keep me feeling 100% , it may be enough to diminish the effects of other opiates, like heroin. Therefore, it seems to make more sense to use the dope first, approx 24 hours since last dose of 'done, and then take my 65mg dose of methadone later on in the day. I won't have unlimited heroin, so I need to use just enough dope in conjunction with the 'done to stay feeling good, and not sick.

At first, I thought that I'd want to take the 'done first and then top off with dope later on as needed to minimize amount of dope used, but I feel if done this way, the methadone will block or diminish the heroin. And so I'd get more effect by taking the dope first and the methadone later.

My goal is just to stay out of w/d and be symptom free all 7 days. I'f anyone has a better dosing schedule I'd be grateful to hear it? Some I thought of were to try split dosing of the methadone, do 40mg in morning, then 25mg later on. Aand the other thought was to just do dope 2-3 days straight, then I'd have enough methadone to take just methadone for 4-5 days without feeling ill. Anyone have experience with something like this? Know which will be more effective?

Thanlks in advance

I just went on a trip n did not have enough methadone n shitty spacing out of drugs on top of that ! This resulted in 3 days of withdrawal:( I would take the lower dose n make it thru the first day. Then either do just H a few days then switch back to done .( especially if ur clinic is gonna piss test u ) or do all the done then zh for the last few days. I have no idea how much codeine will help... I know it can be broken down into a heroin substitute (desomorphine) but it's a nasty process n can eat your flesh... So don't do that ! I think tho that doing heroin than methadone would work... But if your gonna do H enjoy it n do it solo, the done will dull it down.
Have a good trip, n hope u can stay well!:)

Wait as long as possible before taking your first dose. If you are in withdrawals then taking even half of your normal dose should help. Take it with white grapefruit juice as this will prevent it from breaking down as fast as usual, allowing for higher plasma levels of the drug to be in your system.

Wait as long as possible before taking your first dose. If you are in withdrawals then taking even half of your normal dose should help. Take it with white grapefruit juice as this will prevent it from breaking down as fast as usual, allowing for higher plasma levels of the drug to be in your system.

This is good advice.

It's still not going to be very comfortable but at least you'll have something. Maybe it'll be incentive to getting off of everything for good. I know for me, I hate feeling like a slave, not being able to go anywhere or do anything because I'm dependent on a drug. It sucks.

I went away on holiday for 5 days last year, i only had enough med's for 3 days. Luckily for me i had a strip of my Pregablin at hand for my nerve damage.

Tramadol and pregabalin or gabapentin.
But you should really get your meth and if you dont have enough for 7 days just split it people say when been on meth ages take them 24 hours some even 48hours to feel withdrawal but when they do its BAD.
I toook methadone recreationally twice a week it still built up and i felt horrible for weeks just taking oxy never again.