• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids I've got half a bottle of "Cough Syrup with Codeine"...

thatdreamer123

Bluelighter
My buddy just picked up a bottle of "Cough Syrup with Codeine", the kind you can get over the counter in canada.

He just gave me what is about half of the bottle. So, ~125ml, I think my half looks bigger, so maybe ~135ml.

Within each 5ml, contains this:

3.33mg Codeine Phosphate
30mg Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride
100mg Guafenesin

Obviously, I do not want the Guafenesin, i know all about that, but I'm not sure how to go about getting that out.

And the "Pseudo", all I know about that is that it's used to make meth, can't imagine I'd want this either..?

The Guaf I don't want because of puking, and I generally don't like extra stuff that comes along with what gets me high. But is that pseudo dangerous?

How can I go about getting these two other things out of this syrup?

As for opiate tolerance, I've never been a habitual user. Just random experimentation with what I get my hands on randomly over the past 3.5 years. So probably more tolerance than someone who has never used, but nothing really substantial I wouldn't think.

So, not really sure how else to word my question other than, da fuck do I do with this stuff to make it safe to drink in recreational amounts?

You can't. There is so little codeine, and so much pseudo and guafenesin that it is utterly useless for recreational use. Take only as directed, for cough :|

Sorry man.

Are you POSITIVE that there is nothing at all to do? Not even a way to reduce those amounts? I got all excited to have some codeine tonight:(

you can't get those out without some serious work (acid/base extraction)

sorry

Are there any serious risks to drinking this stuff?

From what I understand, the only danger of guaf is nausea (some people get the shits?).

But the pseudo, in the amount it is in this syrup, is it at all dangerous? would it have pronounced stimulant effects?

It's enough to make it not worth it...It there was more codeine per 5 ml it might be worth it to chance the side effects from the other shit, but 60-70 mgs of codeine on its own really isn't enough to get you there anyway....You got the "bad kine" cough syrup, as they say in Hawaii!

You'd be so much better off getting a box of co-codamols and doing a CWE with 10-12 of them!

the guaf might, might...make you puke. The pseudo might, might....make you jittery...the dope high you want...aint happenin. Keep it for cold and flu season.

But jay, can't he somehow free base it???? C'mon man, you gotta know some way!!!! JK, man...

There's other preparations of prescription cough syrup that can be used recreationally. The one with promethazine seems to be the most popular if you believe what 'Lil Wayne and co. say, but this particular "version" of codeine cough syrup is light on the codeine, heavy on the bullshit! Not worth it! If you do the math, the amount of codeine in there probably wouldn't be enough to even get someone with no opiate tolerance high!

If there was 5 mgs of hydrocodone per five mls along with the other garbage, then we'd be talking!

Since u have no tolerance, it's my thought that u might be able to catch a buzz. Idk how strong the syrup is from Canada. Is there Promethazine in it and what brand is it?

Since u have no tolerance, it's my thought that u might be able to catch a buzz. Idk how strong the syrup is from Canada. Is there Promethazine in it and what brand is it?

They state all of the ingredients in the original post.

Within each 5ml, contains this:

3.33mg Codeine Phosphate
30mg Pseudoephedrine Hydrochloride
100mg Guafenesin

Some opioid conversion charts say that 100mg of codeine is equal to about 10mg of hydrocodone or morphine, so even with no tolerance this preparation of cough syrup is not going to give you the desired effects.

In no way am I suggesting doing this, but back in the day we'd always mix it with coca-cola and cherry mcgilicuddys, and call it cherry mcgilibuzzys, and then we progressed to mixing it with tequila and we called that tekillyabuzzys lol

This stuff tastes awful, it also has ammonium chloride and other garbage in it.

Not worth anyone's time.