• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Day 5 off of suboxone and to be honest it is not as bad as everyone says (SUBJECTIVE)

detoxdiva

Bluelighter
So I am posting this for the people like me who read these horror stories about jumping off of Suboxone online. I was so freaked out by everyone's posts that I had it built up in my head that this was going to be horrible. Mostly being that I was going to jump at a dose of 2mg and most people who taper jump at .5, .25 or even .05. I just can't tapper that low I am a all or nothing type of person, which is probably why I had such an addiction in the first place.
Little history:
I started doing oxy just for fun about 4 years ago. At that time forth of a 30 would get me very messed up, ah the good ol' days! As with many people this turned into me chasing that same feeling and needing more and more to find it. Eventually I was doing 5 30's a day and was only feeling normal. I did not know anything about Suboxone and went through a cold turkey detox. This was 5 days of hell!! Like having the worse flu of your life, I'm sure many of you know what I am talking about. But in the end I did get clean.....for 2 weeks. Even after I swear I would never ever ever do that again some how found myself in the same situation not only one month later. I was spending all my extra cash just to feel normal and then a friend told me about Suboxone. I thought this was the answer, and in some ways it was for about 2 years. Because I was not under a doctor, I never took more than a quarter of an 8mg pill at a time. Which I thought was great I could spend the same amount I would for one 30 and it would last 4 times longer. So for two years that is what I did, a quarter a day to take the pain away.
As with any drug, I was getting sick of my life revolving around trying to find them and the worries of running out.
So 5 days ago I decided to jump off and hold on for the ride. As I said above I was very worried about the detox. Of course I got the Imodium, some vitamins, lots of water, aspirin and started a raw diet with added protein to my morning shakes.
I knew day one, two and three I would still have Suboxone in my system, so when I woke up feeling fine I expected this.
Day three I did have some aches and pains in my legs and back as well as feeling hot, then cold, then hot again. but I took some aspirin and most of this whet away. On the night of day three I had trouble sleeping waking up every couple hours and of course of jimmy legs, but nothing like i had experienced with oxy detox, not even close!!!!
Woke up day four and did not have very much motivation, took a nice hot bath and laid out in the sun for an hour because I heard that helps. I went for a short hike because I also heard that exercise is good too! over all I was expecting to feel much worse! On the fourth night I had jimmy legs again and started to have some stomach cramps so I took some Imodium, not 12 pills like they say to do just the amount listed on the bottle to stop the diarrhea, the last thing I want is to get addicted to Imodium!!
Well here it is day 5 and I feel even better then day 4!! I know some people had told me that day 5 can be the worst but for me it's better then the last.
Now let me just say I am a complete baby when I get sick, so it's not like I just have a huge tolerance for pain, because I don't! I just wanted to post this positive note on detoxing off of Suboxone because I know the internet is flooded with bad experiences. To me detoxing off oxy was way worse and makes detoxing off of Suboxone seem like a light cold vs. the most horrible Flu with oxy. I was Curious If anyone had the same experience?
I was also wondering If the people who had such a bad detox off of Suboxone never had a full detox off of oxy, therefor don't know what a real detox experience is all about. Because as I said before I don't think this experience getting off Suboxone is even remotely close to getting off oxy or H.
Please don't comment if you are only going to hate, my only reason for posting this is to give hope to those who are trying to get off Suboxone, so that they know they can do it and it's all in the mind, with some mild wd symptoms. Thanks for your support or questions!

I concur that the stories I've heard where hellish. I myself can deal with WD quite well because I think it is largely mental. But they are definitively not that bad, I've jumped off from 4mg due to using them all and for a couple weeks it simply felt like the early stages of having a cold with some withdrawal mixed in.

Wow off 4mg, its just so interesting that people can have such a different experience especially with the difference in mg

Why would anyone hate on you? I am personally happy that you are having such an easy time coming off of suboxone-and hope you can stay clean if that is what you want.

Day 6...

Why would anyone hate on you? I am personally happy that you are having such an easy time coming off of suboxone-and hope you can stay clean if that is what you want.

I don't mean hate me in particular, I have read many post by people who have negative post towards people who have an easier time then others with detox in general and I know there is not much that is positive about this experience. I wanted to keep it as positive as possible for others to let them know that some people don't have such a hard time and if you stay positive the experience will be much more pleasant. Yes I definitively WANT to stay clean and I hope I can do just what I want to do. I have been down this road before and kinda messed it up last time within two weeks, being that I have been "clean" or off my DOC for 2 years I hope I will be able to keep this up. I have also just finished school at the age of 31 and my profession will have drug test and random ones at that, because I will be in the medical field. So for me there is a lot ridding on staying clean, as for most people.

Little bit of an update: Day 6, still had a hard time sleeping and I am having the craziest dreams ever! Had a dream I died twice and Bill Clinton was the undertaker, weird huh? Then my dream went to me being in high school and having a grip of oxy's, which in my dream I did all of them, lol. In my dream I was so disappointed in myself for doing the oxy's after being clean for 5 days. I woke up and was so relived that was just a dream!! So weird how the mind works!

I was having really bad RLS when I tried to go to sleep, but I found something that really worked for that. I have an old hot water bottle that you can fill with hot water, an electric heating pad would prob work too. I put that on the leg that would just not stop and the heat really helped that leg, so that I was able to fall asleep.

Today I feel great! the other days I would wake up and not feel to good but bearable, today I woke up and felt normal for once. I just hope this normalcy last throughout the day!

It's day two for me. After very short sub taper. I wonder if jumping off a high dose is easier than low. At low doses, is there still room on receptors for norbupe, which is a full agonist? Would this make tapering to .25 (which I did) actually make things worse?

It's day two for me. After very short sub taper. I wonder if jumping off a high dose is easier than low. At low doses, is there still room on receptors for norbupe, which is a full agonist? Would this make tapering to .25 (which I did) actually make things worse?

I don't think so, the lower you taper the idea is the less wd you should experience. I know sometimes the shorter the taper that can cause more wd symptoms but I jumped from 2mg and another who posted jumped from 4mg with little wd symptoms. It's really a mental thing. I can tell you that Imodium really helps with the wd symptoms. Just make sure you stay hydrated as well. I exercised for the first time yesterday on the treadmill for 30 mins. I felt like crap right after and went and took a shower and laid down for about 30 mins. after about and hour and a half I felt better then I had the whole time during my detox. I know that exercise is HUGE with detox because exercise causes natural dopamine and endorphins in your brain. Which is what opioids give you unnaturally. You may have to make yourself do it at first but it makes a big difference!! Anyone I know who has gone through this and succeeded has stressed to me the importance of getting out of the house and/or exercising. Until yesterday when I tried it, I really did not believe them, but I am telling you, It makes a world of difference! Also get some type of non-narcotic pain reliever and this will help with any aches and pains. Just remember this day 1, 2 and 3 are not going to be that bad. Day 4 and maybe 5 is the worse but after that it is all down hill from there!! So if you can just make it those two days you will be just fine!!

I told a friend of mine if I had known that the wd would be as mild as they are I would of done this a long time ago!! I as many just read into the negative posting about wd off of suboxone. I am not saying that it was not hell for some, but I know if you stay busy and just remember this is a short term pain for freedom from Suboxone, you will do just fine!

One last tip, hot baths really help if you are feeling like shit!

I wish The best of luck to you and have faith that you can do it! I am such a baby when it comes to things like these, I know if i can do it you can!

Thanks! I'm a total baby too. I'm hoping it won't be bad, as I was only on for a week. I'm detoxing with my girl, so we went for a bike ride yesterday. It felt great! Also, sex has been more regular and fantastic lately, so we have that to look forward too! My taper was 1-1-.5-.5-.5-.25-.25. Only a total of 4mg.

Thanks! I'm a total baby too. I'm hoping it won't be bad, as I was only on for a week. I'm detoxing with my girl, so we went for a bike ride yesterday. It felt great! Also, sex has been more regular and fantastic lately, so we have that to look forward too! My taper was 1-1-.5-.5-.5-.25-.25. Only a total of 4mg.

That's funny about the sex, I was on Suboxone for 2 years!! and sex was not even a thought in my head. I was wondering if other people had that same experience?!?! I recently got engaged to my boyfriend not only a week ago and we are both are coming off sub/oxy too. We both agree it's not that bad and all mental. Sounds like you are on the right track! and if you can exercise and drink lots of water you will be in better condition then most. In a week you will think to yourself, "well that was not so bad"! and I hope you will be able to stay clean and have a new life ahead of you. For me just thinking of the freedom I will have, makes me cry sometimes. Of course I am a little emotional because of detox but just the thought of starting new is so exciting!

Keep me informed on how you both are doing! My point of starting this thread is to give people hope, and I am sure anything you can add will help many people who read this!

Last edited:
Everyones body is different and so is their using history. It's how these things go.

Good for you though. Nice to hear positive stories now and again.

In a week you will think to yourself, "well that was not so bad"!

I've thought that about a dozen times in my life. It "wasnt that bad" for me, so it kept me going back to the junk. Keep that in mind. I really do wish you and all who are trying the best though.

I've thought that about a dozen times in my life. It "wasnt that bad" for me, so it kept me going back to the junk. Keep that in mind. I really do wish you and all who are trying the best though.

So true, believe me I even went back after going through hell wd from oxy, even after i said I would never do it again. I was also at a darker place during that time of my life. I know right now I'm "high" on making it through the detox and life is getting better and better, but the real test will be after the detox when I am faced with living life w/o drugs. Because I have been on Sub for 2 years I have a whole new set of friends that don't do opioids, weed here and there but for the most part are clean from any hard drugs. This I feel will be the difference in my recovery this time. I am hoping it will be easier when those drugs are not in your face and I have the support of family and friends.

The increase in alex drive only began after two days at .25. Before that, it was just like your experience. We both wanted to want to, but no real drive.

The increase in alex drive only began after two days at .25. Before that, it was just like your experience. We both wanted to want to, but no real drive.

SO WEIRD! I know with oxy it can be hard for a man to get up, it's a physical issue but with sub it's a mental issue with sex

Yeah. It's a really weird drug. With oxy the drive was there, but not the blood flow. I think subs are opposite. Probably had the blood flow the whole time, but NO urges at all. Either way, I'm glad it was a quick experience for me. Lets hope the next few days are groovy.

Im on day five of no subutex myself.. its shitty.. but not as bad as ive heard it can be..

I used small amounts of oxy the first four days of no sub... today I had none though.

Update day 7: I think I had the worst time sleeping last night. RLS again and again and again. but I did have great energy throughout the day. So as it continues nights seem to be the worst for me but days are great. I am noticing that after eating my energy plummets especially at night during dinner. I just can't wait for one great night of sleep! Just plugging along here!!

Im on day five of no subutex myself.. its shitty.. but not as bad as ive heard it can be..

I used small amounts of oxy the first four days of no sub... today I had none though.

Yes I have heard of people doing this to get through the first few days of sub wd, I would be interested in hearing how your next few days are and if that helped at all. I know myself I could not do that just because I would just go back to using, but different things work for different ppl.