Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Vikings

poledriver

Bluelighter
Storyline

Vikings follows the adventures of Ragnar Lothbrok the greatest hero of his age. The series tells the sagas of Ragnar's band of Viking brothers and his family, as he rises to become King of the Viking tribes. As well as being a fearless warrior, Ragnar embodies the Norse traditions of devotion to the gods, legend has it that he was a direct descendant of Odin, the god of war and warriors. Written by History Channel.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt2306299/?ref_=sr_1

History_Vikings_Afterlife_SF_HD_still_624x352.jpg

this thread is like dejavu all over again

I like to read on the imdb message board the Scandinavian posters complaining about an Australian playing Ragnar. It lets me know I'm not crazy when I complain about Puerto Ricans playing Cubans on Dexter.

I'm Australian and hadnt even noticed or picked up he is Australian. =D

I think the only Scandinavian in that series is the guy who plays Floki.

As far as i can see and Im Danish (viking) our world player Mads Mikkelsen has the right background... Danish... even the guy with the long "white"hair i belive to be Finnish... cant remember his name but he was also a Viking In "king Arthur also with Mads Mikkelsen as Tirstan%)

It makes sense that the island full of rapists and murderers that got cast off by the UK would be playing the roles as the same people who originally came to the UK to fuck shit up, rape, and murder...doesn't it?

Australians are just displaced Scandinavians by and large.

I thought it's an interesting historical drama. It made me want to watch the History Channel again, after I nearly fled it completely for all the terrible redneck fare they've been running recently.

Vikings was actually surprisingly good. Especially the psilocybin episode (there's a psilocybin episode).

I love this show, am glad it's back on for season 2 (I only just noticed).

Wow, this show made me realize how female oriented Game of Thrones is.... leave it to the History Channel to give the men what they want.

I see praise for this, but I also see "History Channel", and I'm confused.

In between Alien Quest and the Amish Mafia, they have some good programs..

I'm going to make a prediction.

Ragnar's son wears his hair in the same style of the Normans in the Bayeux Tapestry - and Rollo is the name of the original founder of Normandy. I'm guessing Rollo and Bjorn are going to head to France at some point with Ragnar's blessing to set up a colony. Just putting that out there...

NormanHaircuts-1024x768.jpg

This show has been epic. That seen where Ragnar "blood eagled" Jarl Borg, was crazy.

Haven't caught last nights episode yet but I'm gonna get to it today.

I've enjoyed the whole series. I think the acting is great, the actions scenes are well-crafted and the pace is clearly thought out.

The last episode sets up next week's which should be pretty awesome (battle!!!)

and Rollo is the name of the original founder of Normandy.

I noticed that, it turns out that it is actually the same historical Rollo, which I wasn't sure about before I looked it up. Would be fascinating to see a dramatization of the Treaty of Saint-Clair-sur-Epte. It always seemed to curious to me how the Normans decided so quickly to suddenly change their language, culture and religion when faced with no real opposition or force.

It's ok but it hasn't really grabbed me, if you know what I mean.

Ragnar's missus is fucking hot, though.

I noticed that, it turns out that it is actually the same historical Rollo, which I wasn't sure about before I looked it up.

Loosely... Veeery loosely based on him. Like, there's something in the order of 150 year gap between the two.