• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

Television Defiance

What 23

Ex-Bluelighter
New show on Syfy (is that how the spell it now?).

It is also a game, and the show and the game are somehow supposed to be linked. The game- an MMO, incorporates what is going on in the show, and the show incorporates what is going on in the game, somehow. Players may see themselves represented in the show at points.

This could go any way. It is a good idea, but it may flop. I own the game and liked the first show, but don't know about the game. It is hard to get me away from Halo.

The show is set in a future, where multiple alien races from the same system have come to live on Earth, escaping their dying worlds. This is like 33 years after they showed up, where the show begins, and many of the people (aliens included) live together, although at times with difficulty. The earth has been terraformed to better suit the aliens, but is still hospitable.

War occurred in that 33 year period, but their coming was originally peaceful... Just searching for a home. The planet is kind of a wasteland.

I will have to come back ad pretty this up. Add links. Right now am on my phone and that stuff is a hassle. Maybe I will add an official bit about it as well.

Has anyone watched? Played the game? How do you feel about it?

I liked it. It was entertaining. It was no Firefly though. And the CGI was either shitty or different. Did they intentionally show scenes from the game while the show was happening?

That's 2 new shows where the protagonists become accidental sheriffs (Banshee is the other one).

It seems to me that the plural for sheriff should be sherives.

I am watching the show, but I don't much hope it will last. It lacks a good Villain.

Yea apparently there is a tie-in to the game. The most dedicated player, or the one who finds something in the game gets to produce it.