• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Mega Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Came across this story today. Goes to show how easily parasites can contaminate herbs or produce:

http://www.businessinsider.com/cyclospora-outbreak-from-bagged-lettuce-2013-7#ixzz2agievPPy

Parasitic Infection That Has Sickened Almost 400 Linked To Bagged Salads

A brand of prepackaged salad from Iowa and Nebraska could be the cause of the recent outbreak of the parasite Cyclospora, which has sickened at least 370 people across 16 states, according to statements by the Iowa Department of Public Health.

The salad was one of the pre-cut, pre-washed mixes available in many grocery stores. Though they are not yet releasing the name of the brand, they say the suspect salad contained a mixture of iceberg and romaine lettuce, red cabbage, and shredded carrots.

The U.S. Food and Drug Administration is investigating each of the salad's ingredients for traces of the tiny stomach-churning organism, but stated that all of the salad mixes likely responsible for the outbreak seem to have either already been eaten or outlived their shelf life.

No one has reportedly died from the infection, but more than 20 have been hospitalized. Symptoms include severe diarrhea and other stomach flu-like symptoms. The parasite, Cyclospora cayetanensis, is a tiny protozoan that usually spreads through contact with feces or fecal contamination.

Infections are uncommon in the United States, and more normally occur during travel in foreign countries. However, there was an outbreak of the infection among some people who ate imported raspberries at a wedding reception in Pennsylvania in 2000.

Health Departments in 15 states have reported cases: Iowa, Texas, Nebraska, Florida, Wisconsin, Illinois, Georgia, Missouri, Arkansas, Connecticut, Kansas, Minnesota, New Jersey, New York, and Ohio.

This will probably go down as the worst outbreak of food-borne infections from tainted greens since spinach contaminated with E.coli caused 205 illnesses and three deaths in 2006.

But there have been several smaller outbreaks linked to bagged salads since then, including a spinach-based E.coli outbreak that sickened 58 people in 2011, and 80 people who contracted E.coli from vegetable sources alone in 2012.

Though these salads are often "triple washed" they are not always clean. Some tests done by Consumer Reports as recently as 2010 found feces and other contaminants in many brands, sometimes at alarmingly high levels.

How the greens were packaged, whether they were organic, or whether they were "baby greens" made no difference in whether they were contaminated.

If you are attached to those packaged greens, it is probably best to buy them as far from the "use by" date as possible and store them at as cold a temperature (40 degrees Fahrenheit or below) as possible. And you should always give them an extra rinse

I wish I had read these posts before indulging in my first stab at kratom use! I'll share my experience anyway... I opened my ounce of eastern bali kratom and was delighted by the aroma (contrary to others' disdain, but I like earthy tastes... shrooms, poppy tea, weed... never needed to mask those tastes!) I did the toss and wash starting with about a well rounded teaspoon. It was late afternoon, so it wasn't a truly empty stomach, but I still felt a nice calming, soothing effect... almost like a benzo euphoria but without the mental cloudiness. I am 30 days clean of benzos and alcohol, about a year clean of oxymorphone (with the help of suboxone - WICKED stuff) with occasional use of muscle relaxers and oxy since. My tolerance for everything was to the point that I had to stop chasing that high or I'd be broke(er) or dead. Getting in trouble at work was what opened my eyes to the need to drop the last of my addictions. I feel sooooo much better for it, I take neurotin to take the edge of and kratom pairs with it nicely. I think I will try some different vendors after perusing the posts for some advice on strains. Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences! :)

*I will add that the only thing I disliked about the experience was choking down the powder using the toss and wash method... I'd liken it to what people say the cinnamon trick is like... but it's "texture" not taste, for me anyway. A quick gag relflex and the toss and wash is not for you!

Last edited by a moderator:
*I will add that the only thing I disliked about the experience was choking down the powder using the toss and wash method... I'd liken it to what people say the cinnamon trick is like... but it's "texture" not taste, for me anyway. A quick gag relflex and the toss and wash is not for you!

Try it in some yoghurt masks the taste extremely well, i don't really find the taste of kratom as bad as some people say it is, ive certainly tried many far worse tasting things than kratom

I am new to kratom. For last two decades I have gone thru every opiate imagined. Was on 260mg of liquid methadone for year and half before prison and an almost deadly month of withdraw hell in a county jail.
Got out went str8 bk to opiate. Last several months was snortin half sub a day till dude was getting them from got whacked by doc.
So now I got first order of kratom. 50 g of green indo. Now bout gone. My question is:
What type kratom is best for the stimulant effects I seek?
Where is best place to get it online?
The indo I got from online k.
Please guide me

I am new to kratom. For last two decades I have gone thru every opiate imagined. Was on 260mg of liquid methadone for year and half before prison and an almost deadly month of withdraw hell in a county jail.
Got out went str8 bk to opiate. Last several months was snortin half sub a day till dude was getting them from got whacked by doc.
So now I got first order of kratom. 50 g of green indo. Now bout gone. My question is:
What type kratom is best for the stimulant effects I seek?
Where is best place to get it online?
The indo I got from online k.
Please guide me
Bali kratom is best for sedating and sleep.

Pretty much most of the other ones are energizing, but especially Mae Dang is

I will be reporting my experience with some Super Bali Green Reserve later today. Supposedly reliable non-fancy-smancy vendor based in US. It's the first time I've been able to experience Kratom objectively since I was a fairly regular opiate user for the past few years. I've been opiate free for close to 3 weeks, my last use was 60mg of oral IR oxycodone which had me high as a kite. I can still feel the receptors begging for reprieve so I'd imagine that I could get off on almost anything. I took my 10mg of Adderall 2 hours ago so as to maintain an empty stomach until the FedEx guy comes knocking.

Will update.

Last edited:
Update 1: T +00:05 Oh god it's like swallowing powerdered hedge clippings - all morning was thinking how bad could it be? Well I got it down 5 minutes ago via toss and wash. Had to eyeball it using my protein powder measuring cup, I reckon it was 12g. Will report back once my liver figures out what the fuck I just fed it.

Update 2: T +00:15 And I'm unmistakably high. A narcotic high that came out of nowhere. That warm tickle of opiated love suddenly came up my spine and into my heart before radiating throughout my entire body. It's the body high of 30-60MG oxycodone with the brain buzz of 300MG tramadol. This is not even close to placebo effect - it's impossible to ignore & in-your-face, absolutely nothing subtle about this. My pupils are as my name on BL implies - pinpoint. Moving is effortless and pain is completely absent. Anxiety that was plaguing me for the past few weeks has disappeared without a trace and a sense of euphoric well-being is washing over my head in waves. Heart rate is elevated from 100BPM to 120BPM but no tense body load that I generally get from amphetamines. I'm completely blown away and this is from the seasoned perspective of a former IV heroin user who has used opiates for close to a decade.

Update 3: T +05:00 Overall positive experience with the exception of blowing chunks roughly 4 hours in. I'm not going to knock it because of that though because it was my fault for dosing without a true measurement. From T +00:15 to 01:30 I was in opiate bliss. For the hour after that it became almost too intense with profuse sweating, minor agitation and moderate to severe itching - however I was still high and loving it. Unfortunately by T +03:30 I was hit with a wall of cycling nausea that would come and go every half hour. This culminated in the blowing of chunks, but it was an opiate-induced barf - meaning it felt pretty good, or as good as barfing could feel I suppose.

Final thoughts: Ultimately I don't believe I could ever become addicted to kratom as the ROA is just too unattractive. It reminds me of when I experimented with DXM and the resulting nausea associated with the mere sight of a Delsym logo. Kratom is the real deal and is unmistakable in its opioid nature. Speaking of nature this was one of the first times I've felt amazed at a high achieved from a natural source instead of a pill.

Hope someone can relate or finds this useful!

Last edited:
Hey everybody, thanks for the nice thread! I would just like to attest to kratom's TRUE healing power. I've successfully tapered off a 2-4 mg suboxone/day habit (with occasionally heavy oxy and H binges interspersed) and "transferred" my dependence onto a legal and extremely (by comparison) cheap, unsynthesized plant! It's pretty amazing, actually. I've been struggling with opiate addiction for almost a decade now, and while the transition from the suboxone to the kratom WAS NOT EASY, it was a fraction of the discomfort of c/t, and it didn't last nearly as long.

I've found a legit vendor (google "kratom forums" to find which ones are rated highly) and now take about ~20 grams of powdered leaf a day. While I'm acutely aware that I'm still dependent on a different substance now, the difference between relying on this natural, unsynthesized plant (the only production it goes thru is when the leaves themselves are dried and then pulverized to powder for ease for dosing) is night and day. I'm not so helplessly lethargic anymore, as I got when using traditional opiates. Most days when not working, I would spend roughly 75% of my life in bed, nodding and napping while using suboxone and heroin, plus being groggy and irritable and constipated. Kratom provides the best effects of opiates (strong sense of well-being and loss of depression, a little kick of energy, analgesia, and the calming of my social anxieties) without all the negatives (irritability, constant near-suicidal thoughts, the general dickishness of my personality and my quick and cruel judgments of my brethren). Plus, if I do run out or forget to order before the weekend, the withdrawals are a freakin' cakewalk; the only discomfort is inability to sleep a full night and a general sense of mild flu-like symptoms (like REAL flu-like symptoms, not what some bullshit doctor calls a 100 mg/day oxycodone withdrawal, which I've heard many times and irritates the living shit out of us junkies who knows what crap that it), like a little bit of sweating and flushed skin. In short, NOTHING TO WHINE ABOUT.

Last edited:
Kratom - differences in strains?

I know it is against site rules to discuss vendors but how can I find a reputable kratom vendor? Is a link to kratom site reviews allowed?

Also can someone find me some literature for the differences in strains of kratom.

Also is it best to get leaf or extract?

Is it against the rules for someone knowledgeable in kratom to message me?

Same way you find reliable vendors for anything else; peer-review. This is not the place for it, though. There are many places online that cater specifically to that, and no, they cannot be mentioned here.

It is more cost-effective to buy dried leaf compared to extracts. With extracts you will be paying for the convenience of not having to consume so much plant matter, and often the alkaloid content is sub-par.

Nice.

Ok I'm just getting the runaround with Google. Keywords "kratom site reviews" but can't find what I'm looking for

Im reading red Bali is the most opiate like.

My post disappeared with this merge? What I was trying to say is don't pay much attention to names, stay away from concentrates, extracts a pre-filled capsules. They are costly. I made a mistake first time and bought kratom-infused tea bags which was a waste of money. Red vein is more sedating and may help you get to sleep. Green vein generally is more energizing. Be patient, research Bing and you will get lots of information.

Turns out I had a major parasite and tapeworm infection in my intestines. They can cause all these types of symptoms.

I have a very strong suspicion kratom is laced with parasites since they come from places like Indonesia and Thailand where they probably dont use the right pesticides to get rid of these little buggers.

Parasites are easy to get rid of, you can use both herbs and medications prescribed by your doctor

Not really....dry plant material is not where such things reside. They need moisture and most have a multi stage and host life cycle.

Different people like different things. I'm a downer guy so I go for bali and red-vein. A guy I know greatly prefers Maeng Da which I'd rather not even take. I can't recommend a strain for anybody. I recommend to try them all. If your weaning from opiates then bali is a good choice with wide availability. If you have depression green vein might provide some help. Many prefer a mixture. I like plain bali because the effects are very long lasting. Green vein kratoms have this property too. I don't think wasting time with extracts and enhanced kratom is a worthwhile venture unless you have lots of money. From my limited experience anyway. While extracts are cheaper than traditional opiates they are still very expensive.

I used kratom when switching from Nicorette Gum to nicotine free. It's a mild, enjoyable, and totally functional effect for me. I've had 5 days without nicotine and the cravings are starting to subside. I wonder how effective kratom is for withdrawing from other drugs such as amphetamine, marijuana, etc? It's done good for the smoking thing.

Last edited:
I'm extremely confused. I did a search and this seems to be the best place to post this.

Withdrawal, overdose, allergy, or bad batch? I can't figure it out.

I have only been consuming kratom for about two weeks. I used the headshop variety of Maeng Da before I read about how headshops are terrible to buy from. However, I enjoyed it, it had a nice buzz, and helped me get through the day. I have been taking it daily, used higher doses at first, roughly, about 8g. I tried 12g one day and got really itchy, nauseous, and developed a rash on my face. Obviously, this was too high of a dose. I found my sweet spot at 4g, redosing after several hours. Finally, I found a list of certified vendors and ordered from two to try out the supposedly better quality stuff. I got my sampler pack first and tried a green vein strain that is known for pain relief, Green Riau. The recommended dose from the vendor is 6-7g, but I tried my typical 4g first. It felt slightly too weak, most likely tolerance. I waited a few hours, redosed with 7g, and felt wonderful. A couple hours later, I ate a corned beef sandwich and went to bed. I woke up at 4am feeling strange and incredibly thirsty. I chugged some water and laid back down.

Not even 10min later, I felt a purge coming on. I wound up hurling and having the runs for 6 hours straight. I wanted to curl into a ball on the bathroom floor, I was in so much pain. It was excruciating stabbing pains in my gut that had me dry heaving long after my stomach was empty. I am rather fond of oxycodone and hydrocodone and have gone through mild withdrawal from those several times. Just a single puke, maybe a couple, lay down and you're fine. What the kratom did was hell on earth compared to the withdrawal from those. The past couple days, I refrained from kratom, being too scared to take any more. I felt nauseous, had a piss poor appetite, and what you might call akathesia (sp?) a symptom brought on by some prescription meds that is characterized by an extremely slow passing of time, impatience, and a constant restless/bored feeling. Surprisingly, I did not feel any severe depression as many users experience going through kratom withdrawal. This is especially surprising given that one of the reasons I take kratom is for depression.

After all this, I was convinced I was going through withdrawal, but wasn't sure why I got so sick so soon after taking the last dose. Nevertheless, I told myself I would only take it on work days to avoid going through that hell again. To be safe, I went 4 days without kratom cold turkey and today, being the weekend, took a dose to see if I would get sick rather than hoping for the best while already at work. I took 7g, made matcha tea, and did some dishes before I ate to allow it to take effect. Just a note, I still get the same effect whether having eaten or not. About an hour after ingesting the caps I made, I started to feel dizzy and nauseous, so I grabbed a banana which is supposed to help curb nausea from kratom. I laid down, ate half, and felt better. A few mins later I stood up to get something and got hit with a puke attack. The strange thing was, I purged the remaining kratom and matcha but not the banana. I laid down for a few hours and am doing fine, just a bit of general shitty feeling. I'm glad I didn't try it again on Monday and tested it early. Another note as I foresee some of you asking - I am not regular, although I was like that before the kratom. Since starting It, I do go slightly less frequently. I have not seen any signs of jaundice or liver damage.

Anyone have some insight?

^ You're taking too much. You had the right idea in the beginning - find your sweet spot. I used Kratom a few weeks ago for 7 days, the first 2 I puked then I figured out the dosing. I was using a Green Bali, first day 12g - puke, second day 8g - puke, third day 5g - right as rain. Just play with the doses - with Kratom I found that more isn't necessarily more, sometimes it's less. Just like with Buprenorphine, 2mg is nice, but 8mg is vomitville. YMMV. It's not withdrawal though, unless you have an extremely fast metabolism or it's fentanyl, lol.

^^^ he's right, most peoples sweet spot is right around 5 grams. 7 grams, which is only an extra 2 grams, doesnt sound like much more but can in fact make many people sick.

Also if you wanna sleep well only take Bali kratom before bedtime

I tried it for the first the other day. (Powdered sumatra red vein and white vein mix). I just mixed 5 grams in a glass of water and drank it.it's bitter, but really not so bad. (I tried making a tea but the taste was really bad). I didn't notice much in the way of effects, but I am on suboxone, maybe that explains it.

I'm kind of banking on this stuff working for suboxone WD's; I've heard encouraging reports of it alleviating heroin withdrawals.

I tried it for the first the other day. (Powdered sumatra red vein and white vein mix). I just mixed 5 grams in a glass of water and drank it.it's bitter, but really not so bad. (I tried making a tea but the taste was really bad). I didn't notice much in the way of effects, but I am on suboxone, maybe that explains it.

I'm kind of banking on this stuff working for suboxone WD's; I've heard encouraging reports of it alleviating heroin withdrawals
Take kratom in combination with loperamide, it works quite well

Status
Not open for further replies.