• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Mega Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, I just thought I would give some bomb ass kratom recipes so that you all can drink this substance while not holding back from throwing up.

Chamomile-Spearmint Kratom Tea
Boil 6 cups of water
Put 5 tbsp of chamomile flowers and 1 tbsp of spearmint leaves into a french press
Pour the boiling water over the herbs, stir and let brew for 10 minutes
Push down the filter and pour back into the pan
Add however much kratom that is needed (my tolerance is at 22 g red kali, so the herb brew is strong enough to even cover that)
Simmer for 15 mins, stirring for every 5 minutes.
Put however much sugar or coconut sugar you'd like for taste into cup.
Put your strainer bag into the cup and pour the tea into it.
Strain and Enjoy!
The spearmint gives it a nice, refreshing sweet taste to it and the chamomile is what really covers up the kratom taste by giving it a nice, lemony herbal taste. Not to mention added relaxation :)

Lemongrass-Blood orange Kratom Tea
Same procedure as above, but instead of spearmint and chamomile, you use 4 tbsp dried blood orange with 1 tbsp dried lemongrass. The lemongrass is extremely powerful and will mask the taste of the blood orange if you use too much. This is my absolute favorite recipe, and it is even good enough to not even use any coconut sugar to help mask the taste.

Lait de Vanille Kratom Tea
Do the normal preparation of the kratom and once it's completely strained all you do is add the coconut sugar to your preferred taste along with some sweetened vanilla almond milk. Do a lot or a little. I prefer to use a lot since this doesn't use any herbs that are extremely powerful in taste.

You can also use some of your favorite tea bags along with some sugar, honey, agave nectar or coconut sugar to help mask the taste. However, I don't find this to cover up the taste as well as the former recipes. Although my favorite tea to use with kratom is Yogi Bedtime tea. It's a very sweet, relaxing tea that goes well with the kratom.

I get all of my herbs from Adagio Teas, and they're pretty fairly priced compared to the other tea and herb stores/sites that I've come across and they have a MUCH wider selection of herbs, teas and rooibos. If you don't have a french press, there are a lot of places on the internet that sell them for very cheap. I got mine for $15 at my local tea shop. Hell, I'm sure they even have them at Wal-Mart. These things are a GREAT investment. Once you use one for coffee, you'll never want to go back to using the coffee machine again. It makes the flavor of the tea and coffee so much better. Although I must advise you that you NEVER use fine ground tea, kratom or coffee in a french press as this will clog the filter and make it extremely hard to push it down.

Enjoy!
Namaste.

how much kratom would one have to ingest to get high who has a tolerance/dependance to opioids?

deidara, it depends on how high of a tolerance you have to opiates and the strain of kratom you're interested in. Maeng Da is the most potent strain available, however it's a bitch to find since Indonesia recently enforced a new law that restricts the exportation of kratom.

deidara, it depends on how high of a tolerance you have to opiates and the strain of kratom you're interested in. Maeng Da is the most potent strain available, however it's a bitch to find since Indonesia recently enforced a new law that restricts the exportation of kratom.

decent tolerance i guess, .2 of h would have me nodding. So how much of this potent kratom would I have to eat to feel any effects?

Do you I.V. or snort your H? If you're a shooter I would say start with 10 grams, if not I would start with 5 grams but keep in mind YMMV. I've had decent maeng da and I've had horrible maeng da. I have to say I really disagree with all this talk of M.D. being the most potent strain, I think it is simply the most popular because it has that pleasant stimulation along side the opiate effects. When I used to take 5 grams of high grade M.D. I would feel pretty good for about 1 1/2 hours while 5 grams of bali would leave me wrapped up in a warm blanket of euphoria for a solid 3 hours. Maeng da may have a higher content of the more stimulating alkaloids but bali has it beat when it comes to the opiate-esque ones.

Yes I IV. What is YMMV? I have used bali before to help ease withdrawal pains but never took more than 5-6g at a time. Would I get high if I took more?

^ Your mileage may vary. You would get high if you took more but larger doses come with negative side effects, I wouldn't take more than 10gs of high grade stuff at a time. It would be advisable to take just enough to eliminate w/d but if you're craving a buzz a large dose of kratom would be less detrimental than any amount of heroin.

Last edited:
Does anyone think benzos potentiate the high? I haven't noticed any increase in effects unless I added marijuana which is a great potentiator.

I dont like taking the two together, they add to the sedation but dull the euphoria. This is my experience with all opiates, alot of people do like the combo but I've always found it to be a waste of good pain pills/kratom(mabey I'm just strange). The only exception for me is maeng da as its euphoria is more like that of a stimulant which I love mixing with benzos.

I had ordered a shitload of kratom a ways back. I have a very high opiate tolerance. Anyways I was wondering about kratom. Is it an all or nothing high like you have to get past a threshold or does it just not work for some people. Ive taken at least 15 grams at once and more throughout the day and only felt very mild effects. This was very expensive kratom from a vendor that is popular with the folks at opiophile.org. Would ingesting a lot more have an effect or am I just wasting my time. Ive got about 4 or 5 different types of 20 grams bags from the sampler pack if that helps. I think I went through about one bags worth mixing several strains together. I capsuled at least 30 pills worth of this stuff and swallowed em all. I also had like several hundred capsules from the head shop and have tried taking like 50-60 in a day with not much effects from it. I can tell this is a superior vendor but still Im skeptical.

I had ordered a shitload of kratom a ways back. I have a very high opiate tolerance. Anyways I was wondering about kratom. Is it an all or nothing high like you have to get past a threshold or does it just not work for some people.

Yeah I find that if I have any kind of a tolerance to 'proper' opiates kratom doesn't do much to me. All I can suggest is taking more, or maybe looking into some kind of concentrated extract?

I use the vendor that dopemaster speaks of and can get decent effects from 5 grams and I have a 15-20mg oxycodone tolerance, granted this amount doesn't give me anything mind blowing but still a good buzz.

I found the key to nausea with the tea is good cannabis. I also drink the tea very slowly with water and avoid alcohol. Oddly enough the nauseas qualities are not present with tolerance allowing me to take large doses and experience the opiate-like effects. But with tolerance I don't really feel the "energetic come-up." Odd drug indeed.

I use this for chronic pain but only take it a few days out of the month. Kratom tolerance develops quickly and if I took it everyday it wouldn't do me any good.

Yeah I find that if I have any kind of a tolerance to 'proper' opiates kratom doesn't do much to me. All I can suggest is taking more, or maybe looking into some kind of concentrated extract?

No, you dont want to take more. Kratom kind of has a hill and a peak. Once you hit that peak amount, taking anything more will do nothing for you. In fact, if you do your research, you will find a common moto among Kratom users in "less is more". Kratom is different than a lot of substances that way.

I have a high opioid tolerance and started using Kratom to supplement my pain meds and also give me a boost similar to coffee when needed. I found it to be very effective and while I have built a tolerance to Kratom, I still find it effective.

The key is to finding reliable vendors that have quality product. There is a lot of bunk stuff out there and also a lot of stuff that is just subpar. You need a vendor that test the quality of the product before selling and only accepts the best around.

My ex-wife has a high opiod tolerance than me and she found that Kratom was doing nothing for her. So, I kept acquiring different strains and doing different mixes with the strains along with testing different amounts. We finally got the point where we found a good spot for her.

Also, you can add a citrus juice to the leaf and create like a muddy mixture. The citrus brings out the alkaloids in the Kratom and potentiates it. If that doesnt work, you can freeze the mixture and then thaw it. The freezing breaks open all the cells and also potentiates it. I do this every once in a while and it works very, very well. Some people say it increases the effect by as much as 50% for them.

I always tell people to start at 5 grams and go from there. If you are hitting double digits, you risk getting nausea and if you arent getting an effect from it at that point then you need to reassess and try something different.

I had ordered a shitload of kratom a ways back. I have a very high opiate tolerance. Anyways I was wondering about kratom. Is it an all or nothing high like you have to get past a threshold or does it just not work for some people. Ive taken at least 15 grams at once and more throughout the day and only felt very mild effects. This was very expensive kratom from a vendor that is popular with the folks at opiophile.org. Would ingesting a lot more have an effect or am I just wasting my time. Ive got about 4 or 5 different types of 20 grams bags from the sampler pack if that helps. I think I went through about one bags worth mixing several strains together. I capsuled at least 30 pills worth of this stuff and swallowed em all. I also had like several hundred capsules from the head shop and have tried taking like 50-60 in a day with not much effects from it. I can tell this is a superior vendor but still Im skeptical.

I highly suggest not purchasing anything from a head shop. They often sell bunk product or product that has been spiked with pharmaceuticals. People have died, freaked out and all kinds of stuff from head shop product.

Also, dont use the capsules, it adds something that your body has to break down and increases the effect. Just measure it out with a scale, put it in cup, pour it onto your tongue and chase it with water. If you are looking to get maximum impact, that is the way to go. yes, it isnt exactly pleasant but it works much better than anything else.

Also, do not eat about an hour beforehand and an hour afterwards. You can also get some aloe vera juice and drink a shot or two about 30 minutes before. Aloe vera juice straightens up your digestive tract, eliminates nitrates, and increases absorption of about anything you are going to ingest. This can actually be used to potentiate anything and it is also just good for you.

There is no law, it was corruption and I believe it has been cleared up for the most part. The reason MD is hard to find is because true MD only grows in one place. I believe that only one vendor brings it into the US and anyone that buys from him has the real thing, most others are imitations.

I also find MD not to be the most potent strain to me. For me, there are several others that have a strong effect.

As to the original question, there is no dosage for a person with opioid tolerance. With Kratom, everyone is different and can be vastly different. I know people with have never taken any opioids and have taken strains I consider solid with no impact. I also have a friend who has been taking opiods everyday for a decade and he can take 3 grams and get an excellent impact. That is how much this varies.

You have to experiment and find your sweet spot.

Does anyone have any experience with the tinctures of kratom? I usually just stick to standard Thai capsules and was curious about the liquid form.

Yes, I have taken tinctures. I find they are a great supplement to raw leaf and then sometimes I will take them with me for a day out and about when I am not going to be able to ingest any leaf. If you get them from a reliable vendor that knows how to do it properly, they are excellent. Sadly, even vendors that sell good leaf have poor tinctures. It is a very intricate and complicated process and has to be done right.

Stay away from capsules, you are wasting product. The capsules get in the way of your body metabolizing the Kratom. toss and wash is the only way to go.

idk about you. i have gotten thai, bali, maeng da, malay, blends of those, extracts, ect.. and it always just feels the same, just in different strengths. the strength of the leaf isnt defined by the strain, but rather by the technique and care of how the grower gave to his plants.

i miss kratom. it is legit when you get it from a good source.

All the strains have different alkaloid profiles which provide different effects. On top of the type of strain, you have the vein also. I find the effects of the different strains to be very different. I am a green leaf and Thai and Malay guy myself. I love the more nootropic, stimulating strains but also need some analgesia for my back pain. I find the green strains to be a perfect balance and green malay provides that and it is the long lasting. Nothing better than a good Green Malay but a good Green or Red Thai comes in a close second.

Last edited by a moderator:
Okay I just bought some cap's and I am have a very low tolerance for opiate like drugs and I was wondering any of your experiences. I know the tea is good, not from experience but I didn't want to go thru all the hassle.

Last edited by a moderator:
Caps are expensive and more likely to get kratom banned. Its better to just add the powder to 6 ounces of steaming water (not boiling). Let it cool until drinkable. And then keep a spoon in the tea mug stirring before every sip. I prefer a chaser usually water.

Since I'm bored and see this question a lot, here's a summary of each strain I've tried:

White-Vein Sumatra: Was my go-to strain before my vendor disappeared. His batches were stimulating/euphoric but this latest batch is just the opposite--sedating.

White-Vein Maeng Da: Overpriced but potent. Also very euphoric and stimulating. Great for socializing.

Green Malay: Both stimulating and sedating. Average potency. More on the sedating side I think.

Bali: Highly sedating and analgesic. Feels more "opiate-like" than the other strains. I save it for when I'm in legit pain each month.

Red-Vein Borneo: Hated it. Might've been a bad source, but it felt strangely stimulating and toxic.

About to try my first kratom extract in a little while. Enhanced Bali. Sounds like it might go good in a combo with red-vein.

I've tried Bali which is amazing. Maeng Da which is a waste because while it has more enjoying stimulant effects during it doesn't remind me much of opiates and don't last too long.

I'm afraid of these extracts because regular kratom can be strong enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.