• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Mega Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats the longest Kratom lasts for everyone?

I'm a bit confused because I took my last dose at 430, so I should be back to Bupe cold sweat nightmare land, but I'm good to go.

^I imagine its duration would be longer for keeping withdrawal symptoms at bay as opposed to recreational use.

Try pregabalin and Phenibut, what I'm enjoying now, fucked!

I really want to get some kratom but I have an appointment with an actual pain management doc soon so I don't think I should...

No pregabalin for me. It throws off my equilibrium.

On 1/2oz of amanitas currently. Feeling weird.

Whats the longest Kratom lasts for everyone?

I'm a bit confused because I took my last dose at 430, so I should be back to Bupe cold sweat nightmare land, but I'm good to go.

Duration of effects or time until I go into withdrawal? Typically the good effects last 3 maybe 4 hours and I'll be in withdrawal by hour 6 but if I'm buisy or occupied by something I have gone as long as 10h with no withdrawal. ROA matters as well, TnW lasts about 1-2h longer than tea, YMMV..

JJ be carefull with that phenibut! Addiction after as little as one week is NOT uncommon with phenibut and 3-4 days use was enough to cause nasty rebound symptoms for me. IMO phenibut should be treated with even more caution then benzos, good stuff though and definately potentiates kratom while smoothing things out. Don't even get me started on the tolerance with this drug :\

I've never used Phenibut, but several friends had addiction issues with use levels I would never have expected to cause problems.

I'd say twice a week and non-consecutively would be the best bet. Defiantly not a substance you'd want to be dependent on.

I haven't taken anything else, feeling pretty good.

I stumbled upon something by accident over the past couple of days that I would like to share.

You know the Kratom crash by now. You feel good for 3-4 hours, then you feel anxious/irritable/tired (depending on how it affects you personally) for an hour or so, then you are back to baseline.

Well, I have been taking a blend of Phenibut/Choline/NALT/L-Tryptophan with my Kratom over my last three sessions, and have found it to cause a very smooth comedown with no crash whatsoever.

I am really digging nootropics lately, but this is one find that I am elated about.

Sweet. If (and probably when) I decide to take kratom again I'll have to remember this. The comedown is awful and if you're someone like me who has taken it for nearly 3 years multiple times a day the comedown basically ruins the entire experience, IMO.

What is this awfull comedown you peeps are speaking of? I've NEVER had a harsh comedown at all from kratom but if the dose is too high my anxiety spikes so phenibut can definately help with that but it can also help set you up for nasty GABA-b withdrawal, tread lightly. If your experiencing harsh comedowns from kratom then maybe the plants just not for you, it just doesn't seem wise to take an addictive substance to make the comedown from another addictive substance easier.

What is this awfull comedown you peeps are speaking of? I've NEVER had a harsh comedown at all from kratom but if the dose is too high my anxiety spikes so phenibut can definately help with that but it can also help set you up for nasty GABA-b withdrawal, tread lightly. If your experiencing harsh comedowns from kratom then maybe the plants just not for you, it just doesn't seem wise to take an addictive substance to make the comedown from another addictive substance easier.

I don't know if that's directed at me or not but yeah it has a comedown. Most psychoactive substances do; plant or not. Consider all of the alkaloids that are in kratom, of course it's going to cause adverse side effects as its effectiveness wears down. In the 3 years I've been taking it I still feel it is a much safer and better alternative to anything else. That doesn't mean there aren't or won't be side effects.

People have bad comedowns from kratom??? For me the comedowns just a cloud gently lowering me to the ground...

My posts were directed at you and jackie (or anyone else thinking of using phenibut in this manner) as you are the two who are or want to use phenibut as a comedown aid from kratom. Also, I'm approaching 4 years use in a couple months (not dicksizing, this is nothing to be proud of) and have never once had a comedown, nor has anyone I've ever given kratom to. In fact kratom makes a fantastic comedown aid for alot of drugs that do carry harsh comedowns like monoamine releasers and stimmy psychedelics.

Also not all or even most drugs give bad comedowns and alkaloid profile is totally irrelavent. Look at mescaline which is a full spectrum plant, that shit leaves me feeling fan fucking tastic for weeks after one use, opioids as well don't cause me any sort of comedown, not even poppy pods which again, is another full spectrum plant. This is a HR site so I feel it's necessary to warn of the dangers caused by phenibut, I used that stuff for months and it's bad news if used incorrectly. Don't believe me? Do some reading on phenibut withdrawal or if you wanna learn the hard way find out for yourself, I apparently came off as hostile to you but that was not my intentions.

Last edited:
I do have some negative effects from kratom. The crash is not terrible, but is certainly noticeable; I get quite nauseated just at the scent of it; if I re-dose at any time later in the same day, there is a 25% chance that it will make me vomit.

That said, I have never noticed any withdrawal symptoms from kratom, even if I use it daily for weeks; it is inexpensive; it is fairly potent without any opioid tolerance; The high is pleasant.

Overall, I dig kratom, yet it, like most drugs, does have its down side.

My posts were directed at you and jackie (or anyone else thinking of using phenibut in this manner) as you are the two who are or want to use phenibut as a comedown aid from kratom. Also, I'm approaching 4 years use in a couple months (not dicksizing, this is nothing to be proud of) and have never once had a comedown, nor has anyone I've ever given kratom to. In fact kratom makes a fantastic comedown aid for alot of drugs that do carry harsh comedowns like monoamine releasers and stimmy psychedelics.

Also not all or even most drugs give bad comedowns and alkaloid profile is totally irrelavent. Look at mescaline which is a full spectrum plant, that shit leaves me feeling fan fucking tastic for weeks after one use, opioids as well don't cause me any sort of comedown, not even poppy pods which again, is another full spectrum plant. This is a HR site so I feel it's necessary to warn of the dangers caused by phenibut, I used that stuff for months and it's bad news if used incorrectly. Don't believe me? Do some reading on phenibut withdrawal or if you wanna learn the hard way find out for yourself, I apparently came off as hostile to you but that was not my intentions.

You come off as hostile because you are being hostile. I'm not referring to phenibut in the least and a simple google search would tell you it's addictive. I've taken phenibut in the past but was actually commenting on the combination of Choline/NALT/L-Tryptophan with it. Apparently you've never experienced those negative side effects from kratom..great! Far more people have even though it maybe just irritating and not debilitating.

It really annoys the hell out of me when someone questions other peoples experiences because that's not what happened to them.

^ please highlight what you found hostile about this post. Is it the fact that I, or anyone else I have taken kratom with has never had a harsh comedown or is it the fact that I said kratom may not be for you if you have harsh comedowns and feel the need to substitute a far more addictive substance to come off another addictive subsrance? Also, please explain where I ever said kratom is harmless and has no side-effects, I called kratom addictive and said it causes anxiety in high doses in the same post, stop getting defensive... it really shows. Say what you want, I gave my warning therefor I'm satisfied.

You come off as hostile because you are being hostile.
It really annoys the hell out of me when someone questions other peoples experiences because that's not what happened to them.

He wasn't trying to deny your reaction to kratom, he was just voicing how he was suprised by it because he hadn't encountered ppl reacting that way before. You need to chill out man captain wasn't being hostile in the slightest.

The only comedown (if you call it that) that I've noticed with kratom is if I'm not at home I get really irritable.

Im with f33lg00d: "People have bad comedowns from kratom??? For me the comedowns just a cloud gently lowering me to the ground... "
Everyone is different, but in my opinion, strain can have something to do with comedown effects.
Something ive always been curious about: Are there different withdrawal effects from being depenant on different strains? My guess would be yes, and that green/white veins would be a bit more on the psychological side, and red veins more toward the physical side. Ofcourse thats just speculation, the different alkaloids in kratom have always been interesting to me.

Guys its been way over a week since ive had kratom... I had only one day I used a fw percocets... besides that and 1 signle codeine.. ive been clean completely off opes and kratom.. but damn the RLS is killing me. I had a short supply of gabapentin which helped a tad.. im out.. ive been using OTC RLS meds... it maybe takes it from a 10 to a 7 in intensity.... I saw a doc and found requip yesterday but SO expensive... hoping to fill it tomorrow... im hoping... that one months worth is enough. I have mild depression but I mean.. overall my withdrawl is over.. but the restless and mainly "tight" legs... they wanna wrap up together ALL day long and not let go.... I get about 3 hours of relief out of every 24.... hot baths only help for 45 mins tops.

Comedown on Kratom? No ways? Well I get a comedown but its basically super drowsiness, fatigue but no negative emotional stuff or dispuphoria. You just goto bed and sleep like a champ. And the next day you feel perfect, no hangover. I sip tea over about 6-8 hours so you can make it last that long slowing dosing, after that it stops working and the drowsyness kicks in, or maybe thats the high dose effects, but it not pleasant, so prob not.

3 days used in a row and i feel a hangover/withdrawals the next day, but still nothing close to alcohol hangover. 2 days off and its back to normal.

Man waiting a year to get rid of my Kratom tolerance and staring at KG's of it every day in my cupboard are finally over. I actually hated it and considered throwing it away due to the horrible effects it has when you have a high tolerance, but glad i didnt cause now its amazing, zero negative effects, its like a whole new drug.

Its all about how you use it toss and chuck 10 grams a few times a day, and you might have a crash when you stop.
Drink a tea or acidic mixed drink for a few hours, and you'll just stop being high at some point, thats my view from a few days of use. Though I've never shot the dose up, I just feel that would increase the chance of feeling nasty after.

I found out that Kratom left in an acidic drink for 3 days has no effect. No surprise, but I was wondering.

Sipping 25g worth of tea over 6 hours has been about the most perfect result Ive gotten from Kratom to date. Taking a full dose was always a problem, and was always to much and it camedown to fast, then it was a drug to get high an had different expectations.

Testing again very carefully after a year of no use due to tolerance issues and bad anxiety, using the slow constant dose tea method for a full day (also because i cannot stomach one more toss and wash or powder yogurt mix ever again) revealed Kratoms true value, as a wonderful functional motivating stimulating euphoric mood enhancer to get through the day, triple your productivity, be happier, kill anxiety, kill depression and no negative impact to personality or functional performance or quality of work. Low dose Kratom micro dosed over a longer period is the shit, depending on what you need obviously.

Getting Kratom i think for new people as an opiate drug is a problem expectation. My first time using, i took a shit load and never really noticed amazing effects .It worked, but the opiate euphoria is subtle and i had all the itches etc, but its not what i expected for a possible opiate alternative from what I have heard of opiates. So i chased extracts which came very close and ruined my tolerance utterly.

Now if you want a benzo, amphetamine/adderall etc alternative for a few days a week that has all the good parts and none of the bad of each one, then Kratom is it, if you dose it right.

Basically completely replaced benzoz and alcohol for me, but i still take 2 days off to avoid issues and dont feel any worse for the usage days before. So far the only stuff i wish i could take daily.

What i like most about the euphoria and effect is that its a responsible mood enhancing sensation, unlike amps which was always utterly hedonistic and couldn't do a stitch of work on them cause i wouldnt care less. You feel like you want to be productive, be friendly, helpful, caring, responsible, be the best that you can be lol. I dont even get drug cravings on kratom and the idea of other drugs even repulses me. It makes me a better person.

And this is a totally different experience wit the substance then i had before, simply through different ROA and dosage and getting rid of all my tolerance for a year or so. Oh and its the same stuff i took back then thats been sitting in the cupboard all this time unsable and unwanted until i decided try it again. Im glad i did.

Last edited:
Its all about how you use it toss and chuck 10 grams a few times a day, and you might have a crash when you stop.
Drink a tea or acidic mixed drink for a few hours, and you'll just stop being high at some point, thats my view from a few days of use. Though I've never shot the dose up, I just feel that would increase the chance of feeling nasty after.

I believe you're describing withdrawal not the negative comedown/crash an unfortunate few experience.

Status
Not open for further replies.