• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids The Kratom Mega Thread v3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I usually stick with bali and red veins but my vendor just sent me a free ounce of white vein sumatra with my last kilo of bali and I must say its pretty damn good. My only problem with bali is that on most mornings I wake up in slight w/d's and my first dose of the morning usually causes me to fall back asleep for a good 2 -3 hours. I think I'm gonna grab a couple pounds of these white/green strains to use in the morning. Stimulating strains seem to be very hit or miss with me. I hear a lot of people praising green malaysian which didn't do shit except keep me out of w/d's. Maeng da is the same, all it does is give me those horrible eye wiggles mentioned above.

Last edited:
Having a bit of variety is always nice after being hung on the same strain for a while. I also primarily use bali but a new strain after a while can be refreshing. Quick question, how long have you (or anyone) been taking kratom and do you still get as stimulated by white/green strains as you did in your early days? I ask because no matter what strain I take nowadays I never get stimulated, it's been like this for a good year now regardless of taking a break. Am I the only one who has this problem? It's pretty annoying because kratom has become more sedating than hydro and especially oxy and I find myself couchlocked quite a bit.

As for strain reccomendations there's so many that it's hard to figure out which flavor you would enjoy most. For the most part though they're all just slight variations from each other, kind of like different strains of cannabis. This opens up a bit of room for those who like to be connoiseurs but also means that the differences may be so subtle that the inexperienced may not even notice a difference besides potency. Since you provided no info on what your looking for as far as sedation/euphoria/energy all I can do is give you the names of the strains I like the most out of each vein color. For red veins which is the majority of what I use, bali AKA red vein borneo is the strain of choice for many kratom users but if you can find red vein thai that's grown right I find it a far superior red vein, probably my favorite. Kalimantan red vein is also another great strain. My favorite white veins are kali white and white vein borneo, they're both similar in that they are pretty much smack dab in the middle of the kratom spectrum, as equally sedating and euphoric as it is stimulating and motivational. Green veins are what I use least but for stimulation green malay and green sumatra are good at providing the stimulating profile of kratom. With green veins I tend to prett much only mix them with red or white veins as I find the mitragynine content a bit too low for my liking and increasing the dose only leads to nausea and eyewiggles.
Hey there I did ask. I asked which red veined strain gives the most sedating and euphoric experience and which green and white veined strain give the best energetic+euphoric experience. Thanks for the reply however. Was very helpful.

Hey there I did ask. I asked which red veined strain gives the most sedating and euphoric experience and which green and white veined strain give the best energetic+euphoric experience. Thanks for the reply however. Was very helpful.

Whoops, your right... my bad :). In that case my answer still doesn't change much. Most sedating and euphoric red veins for me are kalimantan red vein and bali aka RVB. The red vein thai is very much euphoric but not quite as sedating as the previous two. Another thing to mention regarding RVT is that this strain tends to range from shitty to amazing depending which vendor it comes from. Some vendorshave the % of mitragynine listed on their site, in that case the higher the % the more sedating and euphoric it will be. Again, the most stimulating strains have been the greens that I've mentioned, green malaysian in particular. Another particularly stimulating would be maeng da but IMO maeng da has never been worth the steep price. Your gonna have to do a little sampling for yourself to figure out which strain works best for you, hope you find what your looking for.

I would like to ask anyone here using kratom for medicinal purposes to contact the legislators in Wisconsin who are pushing for a ban on kratom in this state. It's been a life saver for so many and now it's being unfairly lumped in with a bunch of truly dangerous stimulants. This is a drug that's killed no one, and causes only very mild addiction. It would be wonderful if we could just restrict it to adults over eighteen. Or 21. I don't care, I just want this to remain available. It's something I'm using to maintain sobriety from Suboxone and real drugs, and it saves my back from the pain it's always in.

^Thanks for posting that I forgot to do it myself. Even if your state isn't being affected keep in mind there are people in Wisconsin that rely on this plant as a medication so please help them out. It's bullshit when lawmakers lump kratom in with random RC's and cannabinoids due to their ignorance and/or greed. Write an email and share your opinion or at the very least sign the petition going around. You can sign the petition here [ http://www.change.org/petitions/wis...nine-from-ab-406-save-kratom-from-prohibition ].

I heard all the head shops in Ohio are removing it from the shelves. Could potentially be a future death sentence to the online vendors. Doesn't look good.

Since the wisconsin ban only includes mitragynine and 7-ho-mitragynine, wouldn't plain leaf remain legal as long as it's not marketed for human consumption? The same way mescaline is scheduled but peruvian torch and san pedro are legal to possess.

Will I have withdrawal from using 10 grams a day (10 grams gets me fucked up) for 8 days?

Most likely not 10 grams a day is a relatively mild dose for me 24 grams daily/ 15 grams + hydrocodone produces the mildest withdrawals. But alas everyone is different

I heard all the head shops in Ohio are removing it from the shelves. Could potentially be a future death sentence to the online vendors. Doesn't look good.

I am a clevelander and I can tell you no one around here carries it and it has been this way since i moved out here in 2011 I think. I spoke to a gentleman who works at a headshop and he said they just did not want to mess with something that will end with an ABC news report and a bunk article about, 'Kratom' the next killer drug that is killing your kids. I would pump your breaks on the whole online vendors thing for a few reasons, the kratom community has succesfully fought back against measures to deny kratom look at louisiana and iowa. I think that people are realizing Kratom is different around here its getting lumped in with Kava and not all those other bath salt drugs, which is beautiful and makes sense as Kratom and Kava are both soothing leaves. Lastly, we live in a time where people are starting to change their mind about herbal remedies, look at what has happened with marijuana, give it a few more years and let some more socially liberal conservative get into office and no one will be missing their kratom.

I am a clevelander and I can tell you no one around here carries it and it has been this way since i moved out here in 2011 I think. I spoke to a gentleman who works at a headshop and he said they just did not want to mess with something that will end with an ABC news report and a bunk article about, 'Kratom' the next killer drug that is killing your kids. I would pump your breaks on the whole online vendors thing for a few reasons, the kratom community has succesfully fought back against measures to deny kratom look at louisiana and iowa. I think that people are realizing Kratom is different around here its getting lumped in with Kava and not all those other bath salt drugs, which is beautiful and makes sense as Kratom and Kava are both soothing leaves. Lastly, we live in a time where people are starting to change their mind about herbal remedies, look at what has happened with marijuana, give it a few more years and let some more socially liberal conservative get into office and no one will be missing their kratom.

I hope your right. I guess the head shops in central Columbus were advertising kratom as a stimulant. You never know what goes through the mind of an uneducated god fearing person when they see that. We went forward in marijuana laws this year but some states have went back and forth on gay marriage. Guess the government cant make a profit off of it? For it to be treated like marijuana i guess it would have to be grown in the states and taxed accordingly through state run shops? I would say 95% of people don't have a clue what it is anyway.

Since the wisconsin ban only includes mitragynine and 7-ho-mitragynine, wouldn't plain leaf remain legal as long as it's not marketed for human consumption? The same way mescaline is scheduled but peruvian torch and san pedro are legal to possess.

This crossed my mind as soon as I saw the petition, perhaps this will only affect extracts? Either way these alkaloids shouldn't be banned in the first place.

It seems unlikely because no one is selling those things, really anyway. It's almost certainly an attempt to criminalize our beloved leaf.

I'm successfully using it to stay off of real opiates, though I am using hydrocodone today after oral surgery, but back to kratom after tomorrow.

If I'm not mistaken, one of the most responsible kratom resellers is based in Ohio, or KY, but ships from Ohio. I hope they're not affected.

It seems unlikely because no one is selling those things, really anyway.
Extracts? Sure they are, plenty of vendors are moving extracts, especially headshops. At least 75% of times that I see kratom in headshops around here they're extracts like 15x and such. Since kratom is being lumped in with RC's that are seen in headshops they likely just saw kratom or kratom extracts on the shelves and figured it would be easier to ban the alkaloids than the entire plant. More people will recognize 'kratom' on a bill as opposed to the scary sounding mitragynine and 7-hydroxymitragynine which will fit right in with JWH-xxx. Anyways, the info is about and being spoken about on quite a few sites so let's hope we can save Wisconsin from banishment.

I think that people are realizing Kratom is different around here its getting lumped in with Kava and not all those other bath salt drugs, which is beautiful and makes sense as Kratom and Kava are both soothing leaves.

I know, I know... this is a bit of nitpicking, but for the sake of HR: only the ROOT of Kava should be used, because the leaves and stems of that plant (as opposed to Kratom) are quite toxic for the human liver (even deaths have been attributed to this). Just sayin.
No reason though to ban Kava root, and certainly no reason whatsoever to ban anything Kratom.

I would like to ask anyone here using kratom for medicinal purposes to contact the legislators in Wisconsin who are pushing for a ban on kratom in this state. It's been a life saver for so many and now it's being unfairly lumped in with a bunch of truly dangerous stimulants. This is a drug that's killed no one, and causes only very mild addiction. It would be wonderful if we could just restrict it to adults over eighteen. Or 21. I don't care, I just want this to remain available. It's something I'm using to maintain sobriety from Suboxone and real drugs, and it saves my back from the pain it's always in.

Agree completely. Its a relatively harmless natural drug that I also use to abstain from harder opiates and other drugs as well. I stick to cannabis, alcohol, kratom, and my prescribed amps/ etc. Its a much better alternative to the BTH, oxy, morphine, opanas, etc that I would be fucking with otherwise for my pain and also love for opioids... damn if it becomes illegal while weed is simultaneously becoming legal I would think that's a bit funny in a fucked up way. kratom is fine people shouldn't be bothered by it...

i agree that it's fine relative to the school of thought of "all drugs should be legal". it still carries a risk of dependance, addiction, and withdrawal...doesn't it? so relative to the current status of most illicit substances, is it really that much a surprise that kratom would become illegal?

i've never tried it but i hear it blows tramadol out of the water, and that's controlled in most places, so it is a potent opioid also.

Maybe, and I hate using this arguement, but alcohol and tobacco are both worse for you and cause way harsher withdrawals than kratom yet nobody blinks an eye at those. Also, just because kratom provides better euphoria and analgesia than tramadol doesn't mean much. Tramadol carries FAR more risks, side-effects, and withdrawals than even true opioids like hydro yet if you go to the doctor it's likely what you will get, all because the feel good effects aren't as good. I mean kratom use is far from an epidemic and most people who even know about it are educated and know the risks due to the fact that you kinda have to be "in the know" around the web to have even heard of it. To top it off it's a drug that promotes motivation and work while providing pain relief and a mood lift to go with it, in todays " work work work" economy kratom should be accepted, as is coffee. I honestly see no reason why it should be made illegal, however I feel it should be left out of headshops and only be sold to those over 18, although I will admit it's not really practical as there's no way of figuring out how old someone is over the internet.

Last edited:
Hey everyone, i think the first batch i got was not for me. I tried another from the same place and sure enough it did not do much for me. I kinda gave up but i had some bad pains and i needed to do my best to get threw the day. I was out and i was near a headshop i went in and took a look around. I seen they had kratom, i was ready to leave but to be honest for the hell of it i asked for the price etc. I got a oz and a half and went home,sure i even said a few pages back to not buy from head shops but that was based on the prices i got when i called a few. Any ways this was in .5 cap cells. I took 9 grams and i felt pretty good, the toss and wash was not working for me. I think i was not taking enough i was taking only 4 grams. I even took up to 12-14 gram range and it worked just fine. I have 2 oz on the way i it should be here tomorrow but its in powder form. My last batch i washed it down with milk as anyone tried that? I still can not find my scale and i was taking 1 and a half teaspoons. I will go up to 3-3.5 full spoons does anyone think this could get me back to where i left off? 9-12 gram range? Ya know i read some threads and some people say a full teaspoon is 2.4 then i heard 4 grams etc etc. Any ways the local stuff was pretty good but the $$$ was not good. lol

I weighed my kratom last week and one level measuring teaspoon weighed 2.5 grams, half teaspoon 1 gram and a quarter teaspoon .5 gram. I weighed 3 different plain leaf and 1 extract enhanced leaf.

Status
Not open for further replies.