• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

What would you do if you were me!?

Draven26

Bluelighter
Been clean off Crystal Meth for 2 years now but am very depressed. I have no energy.. sleep 14 hours a night and then some. I work out at the gym or try to 4-5 times out of the week but I just can't seem to get through life without thinking about killing myself. I don't have a job or any money. Been applying everywhere to get a job so that I could get health insurance and go see a therapist.. but nothing is going my way. I am looking for supplements that I can take for energy. I take Tyrosine and St. Johns Wart. I've tried Modafinil for a year or so didn't work. Is there anything else I am missing or several things I can try? What would you guys do if you were me? I'm just about ready to give up.. it seems like the easiest thing to do but I don't want to be selfish ugh dang it man =/

how's your diet? drink lots of water. green tea is fantastic for energy. eat a proper breakfast. apply your gym routine to food and other things. a beligerence toward your routine is a good way to distract you from the time passing and focus on each goal as it comes.

I've tried that but because I've used for so long it's mental and stuff that works on normal people who have never used do not work on me. I do go to the gym and I make healthy smoothies. I do drink green tea, I take Tyrosine, Glutamine, Vitamin C and other things. I've taken Modafinil but no results. I still feel drained and depressed. I am not working right now so all I do is have time to think and that's what makes it even more depressing. I've applied to many places and I still am applying but no luck =/ I don't have any motivation to continue living you know? Is there anything else I could try that would help with energy?

If you were a meth addict...nothing natural is ever going to give you that amount of energy. :\ It's likely you have some serious receptor downregulation, and it's going to take time for your brain to recover. Depending on your level of use & how long you used...it could take years. I used once a month on average for 1-2 days, for a year or so...mostly oral but some smoked. That was 10 years ago. I honestly feel like I'm still recovering, but maybe it's just that nothing ever feels as good as meth, that energy and motivation.

It sounds like you are on the right track. Like you 'normal' supplements and weak stuff like Modafinil have no effect on me. The only stimulant I respond to at all is caffeine. Exercise, a lot of high intensity cardio especially, does help a lot with my overall mood, energy level, and motivation. There's also evidence that shows exercise stimulates new growth in the brain. It should help upregulate your receptors.

I've been doing a diet/lifestyle on and off since 2007 that is based on fasting; if I follow my schedule diligently and exercise daily & vigorously, I get the closest to how I used to feel on meth. Except the mental clarity I get lacks the obsessive edge of meth, which is a good thing.

Last edited:
many people that think they have healthy diet,they dont.... all these simple nutrition less cabrohydrates do you noo good,people also understimate how hard is it to get daily dose of calcium,they just think milk when its far less good source than media advertise

also agree with the post above,meth isnt freeride,it isnt like what most metheads think "I just gonna use it now to enjoy it and stop latter to become normal again" it can easily damage you permanetly,I have permanently fried uncle that was doing cocaine,nothing is ever going to help him again,he destroyed his life,there no second chance,no cure,no going back,these stimulants are no toys

Last edited:
Buy some kratom and start taking that it'll give you more energy and balance out your mood. Then you can decide if you want to keep taking it or taper off down the road.

A job is a great idea to move in the right direction. It will distract you and keep you occupied and if it gives you health insurance, even better.

Try this website
http://www.indeed.com/
Let me know if you have any questions about resumes.

Good luck, keep your head up. 2 years off Meth is something to be very proud of.