• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

opium withrawls and post quitting sex related problems...

ozfolk1

Greenlighter
hi everyone here....this place seems to be very helpful and genuine..ok in short i want to disscuss my prob with you all ad need helpful comments..
my situation ;- using opium for the last 2 years but now 7 days clean..without any pain, nausiaetc.. just feeling very very tired and weak.
my problem:-i am having semen discharged without any penetration since i stopped having opium. now it get discharged may be 6-7 times a day without having arousal or penetration..what should i do? does anyone had this prob while quitting addiction? do i need to see a doctor or is it normal and gonna be ok within few weeks?

guys pls help me i am a married man a dont want to ruin my relationship8)
thanks in advance for your help and any kind of suggestion.
ozfolk1...

It doesn't happen to everyone, but it happens to a fair number of people that quit using opiates. The spontaneous semen discharge will stop fairly quickly - likely within the week, and it likely wont prevent you from having normal sexual relations with your wife/girlfriend during this time. It certainly wont after. I got a minor dose of that the first time I went off of morphine, and it was actually a little bit painful when it happened. It stopped after about 5 days for me.

ThNksss..

It doesn't happen to everyone, but it happens to a fair number of people that quit using opiates. The spontaneous semen discharge will stop fairly quickly - likely within the week, and it likely wont prevent you from having normal sexual relations with your wife/girlfriend during this time. It certainly wont after. I got a minor dose of that the first time I went off of morphine, and it was actually a little bit painful when it happened. It stopped after about 5 days for me.

Thanks for reply timber..just a quick question which day it was started with u . Ill be glad if got some more responses.pls people pls share if you know some more.
Thanks
:\

This is a topic I rarely see brought up!

When I was waning over 7 days off of oxymorphone/hydromorphone, I had a similar problem that lasted around a week and a half (~10 days from the date of last use).

The ejaculate isn't forcibly coming out though, correct? More like the babble of a small brook rather than a full-on ejaculation caused by muscle spasms, correct?

Generally speaking, it has been my experience that this type of oddity is symptomatic of the body's wide range of readjustments it needs to make once the damn opiates are removed!

~ Vaya

I took Ibogaine which has a host of after effects of it's own, but after stopping using and Ibogaine, I couldn't maintain an erection for over a week and seemed to have lost all ability to withhold an orgasm. Just rubbing up the wrong way against something caused me to basically get extremely aroused to the point of ejaculation. Very odd effect indeed. It took a week to begin getting an erection again and then another week or so to rebuild my sexual stamina. The readjustment does funny things to you, so it's safe to assume it's a temporary situation and it will equalize as you get closer to homeostasis!

Good luck!

My first time quitting (and making it through withdrawal) I was hormonal as all hell, wanted sex all of the time, and had the discharge issue that started about day 4, and ended around day 9. I still had during this period, but it was a little difficult to maintain an erection at times. It was not difficult the days that followed.

This time quitting I didn't have that effect for more than a day or so, and I've had almost no interest in sex (or really much of anything). Not sure why this one is different, but some time with my wife over the weekend and I'll see. ;) I usually feel better after that. Even if aren't up to sex, spend some time cuddling and whatnot. Its hard to find things that are pleasurable after sometimes, and its one of those simple things you can do for each other. Its not like you *have* to have intercourse to have sex either. Its a short term thing that will pass. :)

i've never heard of this problem i ejaculate quicker when coming of opioid drugs but i don't ejaculate w/o sex or masturbation

Perfectly normal. I've heard of it many times before. It's a pain but it's nothing to worry about :)
I'm a chick so it's a bit different but IME the over-sensitivity lasts a couple/few weeks at most. It might take longer for everything to come back to normal when it comes to sex in general though.

I suffered from spontaneous orgasms all the time when I was withdrawing from heroin, usually when I'd just finally nodded off to sleep after days with none and it would wake me back up. Really frustrating. I'm not sure if we're talking the same thing though? In my case it was definitely an orgasm, not just kind of random leaking. Didn't require an erection to have them, rolling over in my sleep brushing against the sheets was enough. Worst orgasms ever mind, nothing pleasurable about them whatsoever. It settled down once I was well out of withdrawal proper, week to ten days would usually see the back of them.

Massive congrats on the seven days BTW, or eight now I guess? Well played that man! :)

Thank u all.. For ur kind help.. Now atleast I now that it's normal..& be ok with'n few days..relaxed..feeling 100x better.. Thanks again all of u people here it's such a gr8 help and relief I can't explain in words.. Just want to say that u all r really great and kind, thanks again for help.god bless u all.

IME when coming off of opiates, your body will develop hypersensitivity. After spending a fair amount of time numbing your sense of touch and pain, readjusting to all the sensations that your body had gotten used to over the years can be the cause of the spontaneous discharge or orgasms. It also accounts for the pains that many users feel when they get passed withdrawals.

It's nothing to worry about, it's just something your body needs to get used to again

i've never heard of this problem i ejaculate quicker when coming of opioid drugs but i don't ejaculate w/o sex or masturbation

That is how it always is for me too. It is sort-of a contrast to the loss of sex-drive that lingers a few weeks into my clean time. It feels very physical, very animal and is psychologically frustrating. I find that things balance out within a month.