• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

clean for 22 days thanks to bupe use, ran out and about to jump. what to expect?

dopesickk

Greenlighter
title says almost everything. im about to jump off the bupe after using it for 22 days with a few days in between without anything. what kinda w/d can i expect. i was a heroin user for a year and a half. last use of heroin 2-24-13

bupe usage around 4mg a day, give or take, some days less, usually 4mg tops.

im wondering if i fucked myself by using it for 3 weeks. anyone have experience with a similiar situation? otherwise do you think i used long enough to "get addicted" i have access to more possibly but im low on money and dont wanna keep using anything at all if i dont have to.
btw i have about 3mg left. planned on using it tomorrow.... probably 2 in the morning and another mg as needed.

any advise would be great.
thanks in advance.

You are probably going to feel pretty uncomfortable. I would say jumping off on a dose of 2mgs cold will definitely have you feeling not well. The duration of your use (22 days) is not long at all but still long enough where you will probably have light w/d symptoms.

light w/d as in? did i just postpone my heroin w/d... my main question is am i going to be able to function and go to work i guess? am i going to have stomach cramps? or what. i have never w/d from suboxone before and dont know what to expect especially with such short usage.....

Tbh this would seem ideal for me. Now when I say ideal its a lose using of the word Cause no matter what there will be w/d coming off of opiates completely but id say u did a pretty good job I mean 4 mg is a good dose to hold on. The first time I kicked I was put on a 16 mg a day hold. Com in off that was hell as I got arrested before I could taper but I'd choose that over dope w/d. I'm sure u will feel uncomfortable and expect it to drag out a little more than usual but I think you'll be alright. If u can get the normal otc meds that help w/d that you'll find with a simple use of the search engine. But either way I wish u the best of luck and I hope u can kick. The majority of its mental remember. Sending good vibes your way.

I'm kinda fucked anyways. My only choice is quitting everything or 6 months in the pen. I'm hoping it works out but I'm nervous. Scared of what lies ahead. I'm just thankful for a good lawyer. Otherwise who knows where I would be.

^I take it you don't have a legit prescription? Or are the courts making you stop taking suboxone?

From what you say, you definitely have a substantial history with opiates, but it seems like you haven't went through the WDs that many times, if ever....

Generally, it's easier to kick the first few go arounds.....You may luck out and have it be pretty mild, but there's no guarantee.....

I do not have a legit presciption. And. have to start probation. . have tried quitting before but never made it very far on my own without something to help. Day two without subs and im not horrible. Manageable besides the mental aspect. I'm worried after tomorrow things are going to start going down hill however.

I do not have a legit presciption. And. have to start probation. . have tried quitting before but never made it very far on my own without something to help. Day two without subs and im not horrible. Manageable besides the mental aspect. I'm worried after tomorrow things are going to start going down hill however.

Try not to worry about the unknown <3. Just take it one day at a time, try to stay positive and get as much sun, activity and healthy food, water, etc as you can, try to do things you enjoy to keep your mind off it, listen to music, and so on. Especially try to get outside and get some exercise if you are not feeling too shitty right now, just in case it becomes harder later. But really try not to stress of worry about things out of your control like how much WDs you might end up getting. That can be like a self-fulfilling prophecy.

You can mitigate the withdrawal with Immodium/loperamide and that should be okay within probation. Search the BDD or OD for more info.

Some people also find kratom helpful in your position. Kratom has never helped me, but loperamide has.

RL hit it dead on. You were on a relatively low enough dose and for a reasonably short amount of time so expect some minor issues for a week or two. Restless legs, runny nose, watery eyes, lethargy, insomnia, stomach and GI issues but nothing too outrageous like full on h withdrawal. Immodium for the stomach and GI issues will help a lot. What you're doing is a lot better than detoxing in the joint. Best of luck and keep up posted. For sleep issues try a low dose mix of diphenhydramine (benedryl) and melatonin. Should help you get some sleep and aid with nausea as well.

I feel horrible to be honest. Mostly just soreness, lack of energy, can't find any motivation to work or go to work. Ill admit that I did use Monday and Tuesday, after being clean for 27 days. I feel like it set me back a little. Im not craving being high, i am craving feeling myself again though. That's all I want is to be able to go to work and do My job, I'm really debating getting in suboxone maintenance. At least I was partially there while being on it. ..

I feel horrible to be honest. Mostly just soreness, lack of energy, can't find any motivation to work or go to work. Ill admit that I did use Monday and Tuesday, after being clean for 27 days.
You mean clean from heroin for 27 days and off buprenorphine for only 5 days? That would have been close to the peak of your acute withdrawal symptoms from bupe, you can't assume you're never going to feel better and need to go back on bupe after only having 5 days off it. You need to get through the acute withdrawal and give your body/brain some more time to recover before you can expect to feel normal and functional again. Don't give up! <3

You can do this!! Kick that ball and chain forever.. get mad at it, hate it, look how it treats you, it treats you like a slave! don't give into its madness, it gets so much better so quick.. a week from now and you will be doing better than you are now, two weeks and you will feel ok, a month and you will be well over the hill, three months and you will cry because you feel so good, five months and your head will clear and you will be amazed a what a fog you will have been living in.. FIGHT, there is nothing back there but misery.. FIGHT, don't listen to the demons all they want from you is your soul.. hang in there!!<3<3

dopesickk, your timeline is a lot like mine. I quit the first week of the month via rapid Subutex taper, was clean for a week and then had a two day binge. Sucks, eh...

But two good things I will say:

1) I didn't go into WD beyond chills and sneezes after the binge. It never got to the 'oh fuck...' stage and I had no problem going about my days. I think you will be relatively unscathed too.

2) Haven't used in the 16 days since. And I am as bad of an addict as anyone. It got easier at 7 days or so off of everything.

Immodium, kratom, herbal tea, etc

Stay busy, don't beat yourself up, stay in the moment, trust us that it gets better, etc.

Trust me, you don't want to start probation still in the thick of it.