• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

healthy feet

Mysterie

Bluelight Crew
i'm kind of curious what is it that people with immaculate feet soles, do to have them that way?

i run 8kms most days (around 3.5 miles i think), and will often have dry skin peeling on the ball of my foot or toe

and it seems everyone else has perfect feet soles?

to me the ped-egg and such devices seem like a band-aid solution not really addressing the things that cause dry skin under feet in the first place

is it a diet thing? do you have to moisturise your feet every day? i dont get it lol :?

All runners have callouses. In fact they're good to have, from what I understand. I like to think my feet are strong, and strength is a form of health. I have very dry skin, it's genetics in my case, and moisturizing helps, but only so much. I exfoliate everywhere except the soles of my feet. I have shaved off my callouses with various tools, and they just came right back. Until they did, my feet felt far less happy running. I care more about what my feet can do than how they look.

Having feet that look manicured seems unnatural to me, but I may be bitter since my feet are so damn ugly. :D

I get pedicures every 3-4 weeks. I moisturize, use a pumice stone between pedis, eat well, and hydrate. Yet I still have peeling on the tips of my toes come spring and summer. My callouses are from my high heels not from running. My husband's feels are smooth. Lucky duck.

wash them well daily.
keep them dry. change socks frequently.
wear appropriate socks. winter = woolies.
keep the nails short.
exercise barefoot.