• DPMC Moderators: thegreenhand | tryptakid
  • Drug Policy & Media Coverage Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Drug Busts Megathread Video Megathread

Group forms to oppose Colorado marijuana stores

Bluelight Crew
A citizens' group opposed to a large-scale recreational marijuana industry in Colorado has hired two powerhouse lobbyists in preparation for the state legislature's coming pot fight.

[...]

Robinson said members of Smart Colorado — whom he described as "basically, a bunch of moms" — decided they needed to be better organized and represented to make a difference. Though Smart Colorado shares a name with the campaign committee opposed to Amendment 64, the measure passed in November legalizing limited marijuana possession and sales, Robinson said the two groups are separate.

[...]

Robinson said the group respects that Colorado voters legalized marijuana in November, but he said the group wants to keep the recreational marijuana industry as small and contained as possible. Group members testifying before the legislative committee said they fear greater availability of marijuana will lead to big public health and safety problems, especially with kids.

Read more: Group forms to oppose Colorado marijuana stores - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/breakingn...ppose-colorado-marijuana-stores#ixzz2O06pHF9y
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

Last edited:
That guy is gonna get like 50 pizzas ordered to his house or something like that

These moms obviously no nothing about regulation. I would much rather smoke weed I know was grown properly and locally. Other then that shit that comes from Mexico and floats around the country for a year before it gets smoked.

I have never had a bad reaction with good weed, besides smoking to much, I have had lower quality weed get me SICK several times.

oh the Mom is gonna get like a hundred pizzas delivered to her house

now that I read the article

All the kiddos can get pot anyway with no issue at all, all these soccer moms should be supporting the locally-sourced, free-range, hmo-free boutique cottage cannabis industry. They should sell it at Whole Foods in the supplement section, mark it up 300%, and all these bitches would be potheads in no time.

Robinson said members of Smart Colorado — whom he described as "basically, a bunch of moms"

What a load of crap. A bunch of housewives got together and dropped tens, possibly hundreds of thousands, with more to come, on lobbyists? This is pretty blatant astroturfing, I'd bet my right hand that you wouldn't have to dig deep to find corporate influence behind this organization, all the usual suspects, I'd imagine.

In Colorado right now, it looks like there's more money in cannabis than in prohibition. Are the usual suspects really so threatened by this?

I'm thinking specifically of these industries:

• Tobacco
  • Alcohol
  • Pharmaceutical
  • Rehabilitation
  • Prison
  • Police

Maybe the last three.