• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Rice Cooker Lovers <3

Pretty_Diamonds

Bluelight Crew
My boyfriend and I are on this health kick and have decided to steam everything~!

We've been throwing everything in our rice cooker on a rack (smart steam function which is 5 minutes). Everything has been tasting so YUMMY and healthy! :p

It's so easy. You don't have to really do anything. No standing at the stove, flipping, stirring, nothing! I just absolutely LOVE it. :3

Chicken, salmon, carrots, broccoli, green beans, hot dogs (one slice of cheese on top for 10 seconds)..

What was the last thing you cooked in your rice cooker? :p

I never thought that you could cook things other than rice in a rice cooker. Really? That seems pretty cool. We cook a lot of rice in our rice cooker lol.

I'm going to have to try that! That sounds like an awesome idea %)

I love a good steamed cheeseburger, it's hard to find restaurants that make a good one though. The steamed cheeseburger might be more of the novelty but its so juicy. Never thought of trying it in a rice cooker, would probably kill it.

Burger burger burger!

I never thought that you could cook things other than rice in a rice cooker. Really? That seems pretty cool. We cook a lot of rice in our rice cooker lol.
I love rice! I usually cook a ton of rice and then saran wrap individual portions. Wait for it to cool and throw it in the freezer. Whenever you want some rice, throw it in the microwave for 3 minutes. Yum!

Did you rice cooker come with a rack? Does it have a "steam" button? Also, in the pot, there should be a water line marked for steam (half an inch from the bottom)

I love a good steamed cheeseburger, it's hard to find restaurants that make a good one though. The steamed cheeseburger might be more of the novelty but its so juicy. Never thought of trying it in a rice cooker, would probably kill it.

Burger burger burger!
My boyfriend and I were going to try this! We were going to do ground turkey, water chestnuts, and a little bit of korean BBQ for seasoning.

Hmm I just cook rice in it. I mix it with eel sauce! You know that delicious dark brown syrupy sauce they put on sushi rolls? Like sweet soy? Its that stuff. Then I pick it up with sheets of nori and consume. Very tasty

Hmm I just cook rice in it. I mix it with eel sauce! You know that delicious dark brown syrupy sauce they put on sushi rolls? Like sweet soy? Its that stuff. Then I pick it up with sheets of nori and consume. Very tasty
Love that! It's pretty much just soy sauce, sugar, and mirin so you could just make it at home.

How good is rice!! Damn i don't have my rice-cooker any more, i left it at my old Uni accom apartment when i got evicted. Might get one tomorrow.

if it weren't for my rice cooker, i would eat a lot less vegetables when i cook.

usually just cook plain ol' jasmine rice, but occasionally mix in some quinoa, and lately using brown rice more often.

if it weren't for my rice cooker, i would eat a lot less vegetables when i cook.

usually just cook plain ol' jasmine rice, but occasionally mix in some quinoa, and lately using brown rice more often.

Just Jasmine rice and veggies for me. I eat a ton of the rice so I usually cook some extra and keep it in the fridge.

Did it come with a rack?

I put a tab bit of water in it (1/4in deep), rack with the salmon skin facing down. I keep mine pretty simple depending on my mood. Moist and oily, butter. Salty? Salt or soy sauce. I think I steam it for 7 minutes. Just open it and check on it. I'll flake off some in the middle and make sure it's not red. The skin peels right off and I fry that in oil. Yum!

I think mine cooked dust. Bloody lectric.

Rice turns out nicely boiled, via the chinese method.