• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Resveratrol

DOB

Bluelighter
opinions? wasted money or powerfull & precious health and lifespan enhancer?

Most supplements for it out there are falsely advertising the resveratrol content. There are usually a lot of fillers so that there's only something like 10% resveratrol in a dose.

Grapes are part of the Mediterranean diet which has been known to extend lifespan, and grape skins have the highest content of resveratrol IIRC.

Most supplements for it out there are falsely advertising the resveratrol content. There are usually a lot of fillers so that there's only something like 10% resveratrol in a dose.

Grapes are part of the Mediterranean diet which has been known to extend lifespan, and grape skins have the highest content of resveratrol IIRC.

EXCELENT POST

btw what you think is best quality resveratrol supplement? also how much red grapes should I eat daily to get some nicely sized dose?

Last edited:
also.... I HATE alcohol and I especialy hate taste of wine,but if the supplements are scam and lie on dosage :(

I can't drink wine so I just cook with red wine since you do not get any alcohol that way from consuming it in food, as the alcohol boils off but you get the benefits of wine just as though if you had drank a glass of it, and it makes your food taste better.

I eat red grapes and drink grape juice instead.

You can also get Resveratrol from peanuts (apparenlty boiling a cup of peanuts brings out more resveratrol) and peanutbutter, cranberries, blueberries, cocoa powder, and dark chocolate.

I can't drink wine so I just cook with red wine since you do not get any alcohol that way from consuming it in food, as the alcohol boils off but you get the benefits of wine just as though if you had drank a glass of it, and it makes your food taste better.

I eat red grapes and drink grape juice instead.

You can also get Resveratrol from peanuts (apparenlty boiling a cup of peanuts brings out more resveratrol) and peanutbutter, cranberries, blueberries, cocoa powder, and dark chocolate.

wait! you gave me excellent idea,what if I somehow de-alcoholozed like 2-3 litters of red wine every day and drank that? what will be easiest way to do it?? I tought the water gets out and alcohol stays,that alcohol gets removed only with when it burns like on bananas

I've read that the resveratrol content in wine is significantly less than in the raw fruit; that, and alcohol has detrimental effects on the body such as conversion to acetylaldehyde.

I can't recommend a supplement because resveratrol is a relatively new discovery and companies are just making a cash grab.

Honestly, just eat grapes. Whatever the content is in supplements, it's probably more than what your body can deal with anyway. You don't want to get too hooked on the idea of anti-oxidants because your body needs oxidation as part of some of its processes (i.e. healing muscle fibers).

I've read that the resveratrol content in wine is significantly less than in the raw fruit; that, and alcohol has detrimental effects on the body such as conversion to acetylaldehyde.

I can't recommend a supplement because resveratrol is a relatively new discovery and companies are just making a cash grab.

Honestly, just eat grapes. Whatever the content is in supplements, it's probably more than what your body can deal with anyway. You don't want to get too hooked on the idea of anti-oxidants because your body needs oxidation as part of some of its processes (i.e. healing muscle fibers).

I read that fermenation and heat = milion time more resveratrol

like boiled peanuts the resveratrol is like 100x more,same for dark purple cold climate quality red wine vs raw grapes

wait! you gave me excellent idea,what if I somehow de-alcoholozed like 2-3 litters of red wine every day and drank that? what will be easiest way to do it?? I tought the water gets out and alcohol stays,that alcohol gets removed only with when it burns like on bananas

Umm.. you might want to look into red grape juice?

The rodent studies on extracted resveratrol required impractically large doses to achieve the boasted effects. When you convert the doses to what a human would need, the volume would be huge and very expensive. I believe the math worked out to needing at least $300 worth A DAY to get the results from studies.

Alternate day fasting produces many of the same effects as resveratrol by activating the same gene responsible for anti-aging processes. I personally think that's the best way to go.

But eating organic grapes, I believe concord have a relatively high concentration, certainly can't hurt. :) If you intend to consume a lot of grapes/grape products, do try to stick to organic as grapes are heavily sprayed with some of the nastiest pesticides.