• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Liquid hydrocodone bitartrate

Status
Not open for further replies.

LolWeeFun

Greenlighter
SWIM found a bottle of liquid hydrocodone bitartrate with APAP. But saw it expired in 07/2008. he is wondering if it is any good anymore.

Not sure who swim is. Maybe if you tell is who it is someone can help you

Nobody uses SWIM on here mate. It doesnt legally protect you, and the police, DEA, CID etc likely couldnt give less of a shit about your one bottle of cough medicine.lol that said, if its unopened and has been stored in a cool, dark and dry place then it should be ok. If its been opened then I wouldnt use it as bacteria and fungi love fluids. If it were pills then id say no problem but liquids (unless they have a high salt or alcohol content) are a bit more risky.

What a pity, bottle is open and nearly full. Anything i can do with it? or is it just basically just junk now?

Hard to say for harm-reduction get a fiend to Test it first KNOWINGLY might have bacteria I would gladly volunteer and than Report if I get sick to my stomach or not and if I survive all systems go you might have to wait awhile for any possible long-term complications due to unkown bacteria.

Aside from that and the obvious YOU MAY be able to like purify it with the same wash for Heroin idk.

Its really a judgement call to be honest. I dont think hydrocodone degrades into anything nasty like methadone can, but an open bottle full of liquid could be a swimming pool for infectious organisms. For example, someone opens the bottle but instead of using a spoon to measure the dose they just sip from the bottle. Bacteria is then introduced from the mouth into the bottle, the human mouth btw is a breeding ground of bacteria, worse then the average toilet seat.lol the bacteria is then capped inside this bottle and propers in this nice stable enviroment, protected from light and heat or cleaning agents and with lots of sugary liquid to snack on....that should paint a vivid enough picture I reckon.lol or....it could be fine. What are the other ingredients that its using as preservatives?

Only people like me sip from the bottle lol..

I would drink it, but thats just me.

I took some vicodins from 2007 a few weeks ago.

They actually worked better than what i got from the pharmacy...worked SOOO Well in fact that after a bowl of good weed and a shot i got a bad bout of ORTHOSTATIC HYPOTENSION and pretty much collapsed, got all clammy and stuff for like 5 minutes.

So pretty much greened out bigtime+vic'd out makes for one hell of a lightheaded rush lol

Your all lucky to have hydrocodonewhere you are. Its not even used in the uk. :-( lol Treefa, your not the only one....i would sip frim the bottle aswell.:-o

Most commercial formulations of hydrocodone syrup have preservatives in them to prevent bacterial growth. if it's still a clear syrupy liquid without any strange smells, it's fine to drink. If there's shit floating in it, throw it out.

generally people don't just swig out of a bottle of cough syrup. the chance that it's contaminated with anything is very low.

I was reading something about how certain bacterias can turn codeine into hydrocodone and morphine into dilaudid or something...can't quite remember what turned into what but they both turned into more powerful narcotics i think.

just genii pig it. don't take too much but just take your time with it. why not? as long as you dont take too much of it u shouldnt get sick enough to have to go to the hospital if it is bad.

Well i know the person that had this wouldn't swing from the bottle and probably only used twice 4 times max, so bacteria, if any, would me minimum. not sure if it has any bacteria, dint make me feel sick, but sure as hell works.

I didnt think you would have any problems but felt that I had to give you the worst case just incase (i mean bluelight is HR, right?lol).

Most commercial formulations of hydrocodone syrup have preservatives in them to prevent bacterial growth. if it's still a clear syrupy liquid without any strange smells, it's fine to drink. If there's shit floating in it, throw it out.

generally people don't just swig out of a bottle of cough syrup. the chance that it's contaminated with anything is very low.

Exactly...

Status
Not open for further replies.