• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids fentanyl patches. what to expect?

Status
Not open for further replies.

KillSurfCity

Bluelighter
first, some background: i am a daily user of opiods. generally oxycodone. my daily dosesage is usually between 80-140mg per day for the past year or so (orally and sometimes nasally). i have not been able to get oxy for days (so to speak. i did 90mg day before yesterday and i did only 30mg yesterday, due to shortages and i was experiencing pretty shitty withdrawal onset earlier today until i plugged a 4mg dillie) but my supplier had some 100mcg/hour 72 hour fentanyl patches so i purchased one which i have been wearing for about an hour. i already know the patches can be removed and stored in a zipper baggy in the fridge if i get uncomfortably high (and i am not to keen on the idea of falling asleep with this thing on, unless it really would be safe for me) but my basic questions were really what exactly to expect? i already know not to puncture the patch and eat the contents or consume them in any other way other than wearing the patch. i am wondering if, with my daily dosage, how much is too much? this isn't going to be a drug i use often, as i loooove oxy and yes, i know fentanyl is "bad news bears" so don't preach to me. i just wanted some added insight. thanks!

You probably won't really experience much of a euphoric high or anything since fentanyl is time released when worn and used properly. All that would do for me is keep the withdrawal at bay. I prefer to eat the gel.

i am actually feeling nice, now. i put it on at 7:20 PM and it is now 10:45 PM here. i'm NOT going to eat the gel. i've read enough to know that i don't want to risk that. it definitely is keeping WD at bay, no prob. pupil constriction is definitely there but not as high as when i take an oxy 80. i feel...nice, though. definitely enjoyable. i imagine i will take it off overnight or maybe even set my alarm for about 4 hours before i normally wake up, put the patch back on, and go back to sleep. this is my first one, ever, so this is more of an experimental thing i am doing with it. thanks for your input, though, CWH. appreciate it.

on a side note: this is definitely a more sedating opiod than others i have done (which is basically all the others minus smoking opium or making pod tea).

also: there is actually some noteable euphoria, to be honest.

Last edited:
Yeah, don't fall asleep with that on, your tolerance is probably high enough that you could handle it, but I have chewed fent, I have smoked it, the closest I think I came to a real OD was wearing the patch and falling asleep for several hours. I woke up with my whole world spinning, thrusting waves of simultaneous euphoria and nausea, projectile vomited and ripped the patch off. Luckily I woke up to be sick... that really could have been the end of me.

Iam Rxed them and ever since I switched to Sandoz, I definitely experience euphoria for the first 24 hrs, and ive been on the patch for 6 months now.

Sandoz is made by company that makes the name brand Duragesic.

They contain more fentanyl than any other manufacturers'. My 50mcg/hr patches contain 8mg of fent, compared to 5mg in all the others. AND the patches are 50% larger than Mallinckrodt (spelling?), the only other brand I've worn. The release of fent is dependent upon the surface area of the patch.
I'm not sure why it contains MORE fent and has MORE surface area than the Mallies (watson/actavis also only have 5mg btw). The actual adhesive part of the delivery system must be different?

The driving force is concentration gradient. With 8mg vs 5mg... I'm not surprised that I feel like my patch dose DUMPS.

This is something Ive been meaning to share and should probably include it in a fent patch megathread.

btw, my sandoz and the mallies I speak of are the non-gel type, and I prefer the Sandoz over the gel Watson/Actavis as well.

OP:
You would probably be safe to sleep with it on, but I doubt you'd sleep that well. Plus, the patches stick like shit once removed. Purchasing a 3M tegaderm cover is a MUST if you expect to do this. the 100s are big patches, it may require two tegaderms (8 come to a box).
It never fails, the first night of a new patch -- I sleep like shit, the fentanyl is very stimulating at the constant 50mcg dose for me.
This is opposite of the major SEDATION, pass out, drool on myself that I've felt under instant much heavier doses of fent. So, dont know how to explain the night-time stimulation, shitty sleep.

When used properly they are not really recreational, but if your just using to keep the wds at bay that should work!
For the sake of HR if you do chose to eat, or use the gel any other ROA just remember it is very easy to OD on this drug on accident.

When used properly they are not really recreational, but if your just using to keep the wds at bay that should work!
For the sake of HR if you do chose to eat, or use the gel any other ROA just remember it is very easy to OD on this drug on accident.

I OD on this shit shooting gel from the patches. Be careful because it will come outta the blue. There is not huge bang from this drug so dose small.

Just don't put them under both armpits and start doing aerobics... That is just stupid, silly, nonsensical nonsense... =D

Fentanyl patches are fun but should be used with caution. Once i took the patch and opened it up and was smoking the gel, it felt pretty nice. a warm opiate high that doesn't last that long.

Kill,
Just saw this thread. Please post and let us know it you're ok today.
Cat

lol i am FINE, people. i found a good dosing regimen for the patch. these patches were made by mylan. a MASSIVE dose (100mcg/hr.) i would wear for 5-6 hours with an alert set in my phone to tell me to TAKE IT OFF after that amount of time. i would get higher and higher for another hour after removing the patch. kept sealed in fridge and reapplied when i would be coming down. i made that patch last 6 days. i learned two things: 1.) fentanyl is fucking awesome when treated with respect and 2.) fentanyl is dangerous as hell and if you do not know what you are doing, opiate tolerant or not, you may very easily die.
don't think i'll be able to get my hands on any more of them. i am waiting on a small of tar ATM. i hate waiting. GOD I HATE WAITING. anyhoo, it was a neat experiment and saved me a bunch of money for a week. happy trails!

MY ULTIMATE FENTANYL EXPERIENCE was smoking it, with an additional 50mcg patch on my neck.....they were the nastiest thing in the world to smoke but we all agreed it smoking the 50mcg fent patches out of a weed pipe is better than any black tar we get around here, and we get the shit that ((nasally)) a single dub could last 2days if your not a uber nod chaser.....

be safe, shit makes heroin look like childsplay....
and its fucked up,but one of my good friends put on a 50mcg patch and at maybe a half of another patch........1 hour 30 minutes after he ate it he was gone.......[u/]

NARCAN SAVED HIM THO!!!!!((sp)):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

we still kick it, since then he has calme WAY down....

MY ULTIMATE FENTANYL EXPERIENCE was smoking it, with an additional 50mcg patch on my neck.....they were the nastiest thing in the world to smoke but we all agreed it smoking the 50mcg fent patches out of a weed pipe is better than any black tar we get around here, and we get the shit that ((nasally)) a single dub could last 2days if your not a uber nod chaser.....

be safe, shit makes heroin look like childsplay....
and its fucked up,but one of my good friends put on a 50mcg patch and at maybe a half of another patch........1 hour 30 minutes after he ate it he was gone.......[u/]

NARCAN SAVED HIM THO!!!!!((sp)):D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

we still kick it, since then he has calme WAY down....

dayum! yeah i was UBER careful. didn't even lie down while wearing the patch. i was either on my feet doing hair (took care of my scoliosis...THAT'S for sure. haha), playing NES, or trolling facebook pages. i actually wore the patch all day today but to little-no effect. must have been used up. this tar i just scored is nice, though. on that note...

O.T. - i just found a new way of doing monkey water (i don't I.V. anymore...haven't in three years since my best friend died)! i crushed half of one of my klonopins up and put it in the water with the tar (after i cooked it). cut waaay back on the taste as klonopin is kind of minty in flavor. snorted much easier and stayed in my nose a lot better than plain monkey water (such a stupid term), too. mmmm. nice preparation. i know it's stupid to mix benzos with opiates but i have been on benzos daily for years. totally used to it. wouldn't recommend it to anyone else, though, obviously. new form of cheese? lol. peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.