• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Comedown Help! From First-Time Adderall Binge

Lightning-Nl

Bluelighter
Earlier today, I ended my first ever binge on an amphetamine. P.S Sorry about the long post :/

So I started this binge by accident really. I just got bumped up to 25 MG's XR in the morning, and 10 IR tablets for the late-afternoon. Anyways, I took my XR as soon as I woke up Tuesday morning and went about my day. I went to school, got shit done, came home, got my chores done, etc. Well Tuesday was my last day of school for the week, so I decided to stay up later than I usually do to play Black Ops 2 with my cousin online.

When I started getting tired at about 12:30 AM I took a second 10MG IR in addition to the one I had an hour after I got home from school. Well we played and played and played and played. Whenever I would get tired, I would just pop another 10. I was planning on going to bed at 3:00 AM at the latest, but we were having so much fun - plus I was tweaking pretty bad so I had no idea what time it was :/ - and eventually I look at the clock and it's 6:45 AM.

Of course since I was wired time felt a lot shorter than it actually was and because it was almost 7 I decided not to go to sleep, and to take another one of my XR pills. That entire day I cleaned everything, did all the dishes etc. And when it became night again, I stayed up just so I could hook up an entire 7.1 surround sound home theater where my Xbox 360, Wii, and PS3 are. At around 2 AM I ran out of all of my Adderall, but the effects were still going until around 5:30 AM. Around that time I started to comedown and oh man!.....It was probably the worst comedown I've ever had from Adderall, however, I really wanted to finish my awesome home theater, so I ignored the comedown and kept going.

When I was finally done at 8 AM, I felt awful. I hadn't eaten anything (except 12 Dr. Peppers, and some Skittles) since dinner on Tuesday night. So I forced myself to eat a banana and a piece of toast and decided to get some rest and end this.

I forgot to mention that when the comedown started; I started grinding my teeth hardcore, and was picking at any sort of blemish on my skin until it would bleed. Since I felt so "tweaky" and restless, I decided to take my nighttime meds like usual. I took 20MG's of Melatonin, 4200MG's of Gabapentin, 100MG's of Benadryl (diphenhydramine), 2000MG's of Acetaminophen (for my massive head ache) and 800MG's of ibuprofen (to help my restless legs).

With the massive amount of sedatives I took; sleep was able to find its way into my head, and I fell asleep.

When I awoke at 4:00 PM I felt 40% better but something weird was still going on. I still have this horrible urge to grind my teeth, my head still feels like it got whacked with a shovel, and the muscles in my legs are even MORE cramped than when I went to sleep.

So I've got two questions. Has anyone else ever gone threw something like this?

And...

What should I do to stop these horrible comedown symptoms!!! 8(

Take some magnesium, it will really help with the teeth grinding and sore muscles. There are some forms of magnesium that work better than others... You'll have to do some searching on the best one. I forget its exact name. I have magnesium oxide that I take before any stimulant I do and again after during the comedown. Adderall really eats away my magnesium.

It sucks taking any stim without a benzo for the comedown IMHO. I hate doing it, but when I have no access to them (which is often unfortunately), there isn't much you can do for a comedown besides making sure to take your multivitamin, magnesium, and eat a little bit of food and make sure to get as much sleep as you can.

Fluids, food, and rest. Next time don't binge

I don't ever plan on doing it again. The comedown was awful, and even though its been 17 hours since the comedown started, I am still grinding my teeth and a little restless.

Anyways, thanks for the suggestions guys! I really appreciate it!

>It sucks taking any stim without a benzo for the comedown IMHO
This. If you're going to binge on stims, keep some benzos around.

I don't mean to bump and old thread, but since this post I've found two things especially that really helps you comedown from amphetamines. First, Benzodiazepines are excellent. Work the best for sleep and relaxation really, but benzos are expensive.

Seroquel is also amazing for amphetamines comedowns. A while back, I was on 120MG's of D-Amp. I had taken it around 5 hours earlier so I could finish up a school project. It was about 4 AM at this time and I had school the next day so I thought it would be a good idea to try and get some sleep, but I was still feeling the high and really wired and expescted to be this way until the next day at the same time.

However, I took only one 200MG Seroquel and it terminated the high almost instantly and I was asleep in around 30 minuets. Seroquel works amazing for coming off of amps and it's cheap and easy to get.

I don't mean to bump and old thread, but since this post I've found two things especially that really helps you comedown from amphetamines. First, Benzodiazepines are excellent. Work the best for sleep and relaxation really, but benzos are expensive.

Seroquel is also amazing for amphetamines comedowns. A while back, I was on 120MG's of D-Amp. I had taken it around 5 hours earlier so I could finish up a school project. It was about 4 AM at this time and I had school the next day so I thought it would be a good idea to try and get some sleep, but I was still feeling the high and really wired and expescted to be this way until the next day at the same time.

However, I took only one 200MG Seroquel and it terminated the high almost instantly and I was asleep in around 30 minuets. Seroquel works amazing for coming off of amps and it's cheap and easy to get.

your right dude, seroquel or trazodone work great as sleep aids.. benzos work even better tho IMO but I Usually combine a bunch of shit anyway so who cares, BTW im drunk

I don't have the literature handy at present; but taking downers to come off uppers is pretty risky. Nothing happens 99% of the time, but when that 1% comes up, it's catastrophic.

I think if you're gonna do the stim, deal with the comedown. Learn to play an instrument, comedowns are the best time to write songs and have them not suck. Grunge is based on this principle.

I don't have the literature handy at present; but taking downers to come off uppers is pretty risky. Nothing happens 99% of the time, but when that 1% comes up, it's catastrophic..

When you're coming off a stimulant there is no risk in taking a downer because the majority of the stim has been oxidized by the monoamine oxidase system. However, while the stimulant is still active - yes there is a huge risk in taking a downer with a stim.

There is still a risk taking a downer, though the combination is no where near as dangerous as mixing other 'downers' (aka CNC depressants). The reason is, that stimulants (if enough have been consumed), will, even as they are wearing off, still lose negate of the more sedating properties of this class of 'depressant' drugs (like Xanax, Heroin, Seconal, Alcohol, GHB, etc.) The issue is though, that the effects of the downers are only being masked, not cancelled out. So, while say, .5g of Heroin is usually enough (granted it is quality) to have me nod like a sultan would (in my imagination), taking that .5g of dope after shooting 30mg of MDPV a few hours prior however, will likely have very little effect in terms of bringing me down gently. It may sedate me for a few minutes, but a powerful and long acting stimulant (like MDPV or Methamphetamine), will likely overpower my usual dose of dope, which could lead me to doing another, and if that doesn't work, maybe even another than! However, the fact that the CNS depression seems to be 'negated' by the stimulant, it's not, but rather 'masked', and if you continue dosing depressants, you can overdose but still feel more stimulated than sedated.

This actually happened with me a few years back. I had been taking Xanax, Clonazepam, and Heroin for a few days, as well as injecting lots of cocaine. One night I was shooting coke, and the next thing I remember was waking up the next morning with a syringe dangling from my arm, still filled with the cocaine solution I had ment to inject the night before. The next day, I continued to do opiates, benzodiazepines and IV cocaine. The next morning I woke up in a hospital after suffering an OD caused by mixing different depressants. For those who shoot coke, you can probably imagine how shocked I was that I had overdosed on depressants, though I had been shooting coke the whole night before.

When it comes to ending an amphetamine 'binge', Serequel works pretty well because its an anti-histamine as well as a dopamine antagonist. So basically it will kill a speed high. Other anti-histamines should be avoided like the plague, such as Diphenhydramine, when they are used to smooth out a stimulant crash. Benadryl, by itself (especially in high dosages), can cause a raising heart, anxiety and hallucinations-just like amphetamines and other stimulants can cause the same things when used too frequently or at excessive dosages. When one combines a medium to high dose of Benadryl with Amphetamines, it will more likely exhascerbate the anxiety, insomnia and paranoia and should be avoided like the plague.

Benzodiazepines work pretty damn well to cushion the landing for someone who's having a real bad crash, but as we all know, they are very addictive, and if you use speed every day, you would likely catch a BZD habit VERY rather quickly if you used drugs like Clonazepam, Alprazolam or Diazepam to help yourself come down (especially Clonazepam and Diazepam, as they are long acting Benzodiazepines).

I've never used 'Chelated' Magnesium, but everyone swears it is a must. I do know though that some of the best ways to help yourself come down more peacefully is to drink a lot of water and to force yourself to eat. For some reason, eating really can stop me from tweaking out if I reach that point, it's pretty odd.

You are going to damage your kidneys if you keep on taking these doses of apap in combination with heavy drug use. Headaches are often caused by dehydration and hydrating is usually all you have to do to get rid of them.

taking stuff like valium and seraquel can help prevent further complications from the stimulant overdose.maybe add kava 2 wat your taking at night and during the day.it helps alot in preventing severe anxiety.

taking stuff like valium and seraquel can help prevent further complications from the stimulant overdose.maybe add kava 2 wat your taking at night and during the day.it helps alot in preventing severe anxiety.

^THIS^ Is just outright dangerous advice. No citation, no reference provided; I shouldn't need to. It's bad to take them all, but to say they PREVENT further complications? WRONG. METH-WRONG.

There is still a risk taking a downer, though the combination is no where near as dangerous as mixing other 'downers' (aka CNC depressants). The reason is, that stimulants (if enough have been consumed), will, even as they are wearing off, still lose negate of the more sedating properties of this class of 'depressant' drugs (like Xanax, Heroin, Seconal, Alcohol, GHB, etc.) The issue is though, that the effects of the downers are only being masked, not cancelled out. So, while say, .5g of Heroin is usually enough (granted it is quality) to have me nod like a sultan would (in my imagination), taking that .5g of dope after shooting 30mg of MDPV a few hours prior however, will likely have very little effect in terms of bringing me down gently. It may sedate me for a few minutes, but a powerful and long acting stimulant (like MDPV or Methamphetamine), will likely overpower my usual dose of dope, which could lead me to doing another, and if that doesn't work, maybe even another than! However, the fact that the CNS depression seems to be 'negated' by the stimulant, it's not, but rather 'masked', and if you continue dosing depressants, you can overdose but still feel more stimulated than sedated.

This actually happened with me a few years back. I had been taking Xanax, Clonazepam, and Heroin for a few days, as well as injecting lots of cocaine. One night I was shooting coke, and the next thing I remember was waking up the next morning with a syringe dangling from my arm, still filled with the cocaine solution I had ment to inject the night before. The next day, I continued to do opiates, benzodiazepines and IV cocaine. The next morning I woke up in a hospital after suffering an OD caused by mixing different depressants. For those who shoot coke, you can probably imagine how shocked I was that I had overdosed on depressants, though I had been shooting coke the whole night before.

When it comes to ending an amphetamine 'binge', Serequel works pretty well because its an anti-histamine as well as a dopamine antagonist. So basically it will kill a speed high. Other anti-histamines should be avoided like the plague, such as Diphenhydramine, when they are used to smooth out a stimulant crash. Benadryl, by itself (especially in high dosages), can cause a raising heart, anxiety and hallucinations-just like amphetamines and other stimulants can cause the same things when used too frequently or at excessive dosages. When one combines a medium to high dose of Benadryl with Amphetamines, it will more likely exhascerbate the anxiety, insomnia and paranoia and should be avoided like the plague.

Benzodiazepines work pretty damn well to cushion the landing for someone who's having a real bad crash, but as we all know, they are very addictive, and if you use speed every day, you would likely catch a BZD habit VERY rather quickly if you used drugs like Clonazepam, Alprazolam or Diazepam to help yourself come down (especially Clonazepam and Diazepam, as they are long acting Benzodiazepines).

I've never used 'Chelated' Magnesium, but everyone swears it is a must. I do know though that some of the best ways to help yourself come down more peacefully is to drink a lot of water and to force yourself to eat. For some reason, eating really can stop me from tweaking out if I reach that point, it's pretty odd.

I swear to god I've read that word for word before.