• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids oxycodone twiches

yes it sure does. not alot though only somtimes. hopefully someone will chime in with an explanation.

I too twitch a bit when I'm on a high dose of Oxycodone, but honestly I don't mind it at all. I also twitch on just about every drug, but more so on stims opposed to opiates.

i'm afraid that i'll have a seizure and i twitched so hard this morning i fell and knocked the back of my head on the corner of a table

I was just reading this on Wikipedia regarding oxymorphone and it appears to be applicable to other opioids too:

Toxicity

In common with other opioids, oxymorphone overdosage is characterized by respiratory depression, extreme somnolence progressing to stupor or coma, skeletal muscle flaccidity, cold and clammy skin, and sometimes bradycardia and hypotension. In a severe case of overdose, apnea, circulatory collapse, cardiac arrest, and death may occur.

At equianalgesic doses oxymorphone is marginally more toxic than morphine but less so than fully synthetic opioids such as methadone and pethidine[citation needed]. At therapeutic doses, toxicity is primarily manifested as miosis, nausea, and possibly occasional mild involuntary muscle movements especially in the distal portions of the extremities and the shoulder area in some cases. This is most common in patients taking a number of other drugs for their condition, especially muscle relaxants and some adjuvant analgesics, and also appears to happen most often during and immediately after a significant upward titration in the single-dose and per 24 hour doses.

Instances of the body suddenly jerking bolt upright from a more relaxed sitting position is a sign of high and/or rapidly increasing serum levels of opioids and all of the above movements are likely due to the anticholinergic or anticholinergic-like effects of opioids and/or other medications prescribed at the same time, as they manifest in patients on atropine-like drugs as well. The primary risk here involves dropping objects, spilling liquids, striking body parts against walls, and potentially losing footing on flat ice surfaces.

While all this can be frightening at first, more than 85 percent of patients do not experience it at any time during treatment, and oxymorphone does not appear to induce seizures in neurologically healthy patients as does the pethidine series of opioids (pethidine, anileridine, alphaprodine, piminodine and others) nor does it have toxic metabolites that accumulate in the system as do pethdine synthetic opioids. There is also no real evidence that oxymorphone significantly lowers the seizure threshold like tramadol and some of the other synthetics mentioned above.

what doses are you taking it at/is there any acetominophen in the pills you are ingesting?
I don't think you should be particularly concerned about having a seizure, unless you are taking tramadol because that drug is known to cause seizures in individuals high at risk.
Opioid receptors, and therefore opiate drugs, have been implicated in the causes of twitching + muscle spasms. This is why many people observe waves of hiccups when on high-dose opiates. The diaphragm enters a state called myoclonus i believe.
That being said, if you are having serious muscle twitches or if it is happening every time you use, it may be something to be concerned about.

I know this isn't what you would want to hear, but you should ask a doctor about it. Maybe you have a friend who has a family member that is a doctor that you would be able to email or something. You can bullshit and say it was prescribed a long time ago but you fucked up your shoulder a bit and took the remainder of the script for pain. Either way, I would be concerned. Maybe not of an actual seizure, but if you fell and smacked the back of your head on a table, you are pretty much lucky you weren't standing another inch away from the table or else you may not have been able to write this post!

That being said, yes. When I was taking oxy I would get very minor twitches, they felt very similar to when I have one of those "falling in a dream" startling awakenings. I never spilled a drink or fell down or anything like that... when I say minor I mean minor... like how people sometimes twist their shoulders and perk up a bit straighter when they get a chill. If you must continue to take oxy without first consulting a doctor, I beg of you to spend as much time on your couch or in your bed as you can... Peace!

does anyone think i should be concerned about having a seizure

Bro, honest to God, I think that the amount of opioids you inject is so damn high that it's frying your receptors.

Are you still taking the zanaflex/tizanidine? It's a very potent anticholinergic which could be contributing to the problem.

What medications are you currently taking, ROA, dose and dosing frequency? Everything IVd? :(

the only things i IV are oxycodone and hydromorphone and never at the same time and i never mix two CNS depressants and i've been doing 300mg shots of oxycodone or 64mg of hydromorphone

Man this shit is crazy. I used to get this shit a lot and I always wondered why I had them. Never even associated it with opiate abuse until I seen this thread. Now that I think about it, haven't had them in forever. @mrflowers Jesus bro, 64 mg's of Hydromorphone? I used to do 24-30mg shots and I thought THAT was excessive. 64 is 8 8mgs or 16 fucking k4's? What kind of spoon do you use? Lol.

Yes, I get them too. I believe they are called myoclonic jerks. It seems the more oxymorphone I snort, the more these sudden jerks happen to me. Once I was actually waiting for my drugs at the pharmacy and I was having them. Of course, I was suitably alarmed and hoped like heck nobody noticed :0!

64mg of hydromorphone IV? That correct? Holy shit man..... I used to be able to do almost (oral) 1000mg oxy at once and I couldn't do more than 16mg shots of hydromorphone, and I was shooting heroin too

Maybe you should think about lowering the tolerance a bit man.... 64mg shot of dilaudid would turn the most seasoned junkies into a drooling mess, probably knock em out cold with the initial rush

And yes I used to get these only when I was really high all day. Usually got hiccups with it as well.

Never IVd, but popping them, never received any twitching, just when sitting or laying in one place for good amount of time, your legs will go numb, you don't know until you collapse on floor as if your knee caps somehow were gone. I also experience, lots of perspiration even if just watching a movie, trouble urinating, itchy skin, but never twitching, maybe try lowering your dose, or take a muscle relaxer with the oxy. Never really heard of mixing MR and opiates but thought could help

Twitching from drugs

Funny. I had such extreme twitching that I would fall off the bed like you said. But having been on roxi 30 (sniff) & oxy 80 (eat) & klonopin 1 (sniff) & Zoloft 150 (eat) & zanaflex 2 (sniff) the twitching has stopped! When I'm starting to detox a little the twitching comes back! Totally opposite from your experiences. I have scripts for everything I take and see a pain dr and psychologist regularly. You really should talk to a neurologist at this point. Really sound slike your so wired that your body js just all over the place ya know. Zanaflex would work and you should ask for a script. Its not a controlled substance. 8(Dr have heard it all these days and there totally take it in stride. I get lectured all the time but it's their job ya know. Don't worry. If they are mean to you then go see someone else period! Good luck 