• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Bupe Fast; painless tapers off of opiates using suboxone; experiences???

bdomihizayka

Bluelighter
Does anyone have any experience tapering off of opiates of any kind using a quick suboxone taper? I have enough subs to last me a good while, but I DON'T want to become physically dependent/ addicted to them.... I want to get this over with and never touch opiates again..... I saw some tapering options from previous threads, but want to know if anyone has any experiences, what you would consider to be long enough taper to avoid a bunch of discomfort, yet short enough to not get addicted to the subs?

I appreciate any input at all.... thank you :)

Day 1-3: 2mg
Day 4-6: 1mg
Day 7-8: 0.5mg
Day 9-10: 0.25mg

JUMP!

Does this sound reasonable??? I am not coming off of that big of a habit, 3 weeks or so and a couple bags of snorted H a day.....

it depends on what you have been doing (e.g. what types of opiates and in what amounts... provide some background pls...

Snorted about 3 bags of H a day for 3 weeks straight.... first time I became physically addicted...

Or should I start off high and say do something like

JUMP....

Keep dosages higher... Lower??? Does it matter?

i did it awhile back ago (20 months) , forget how many days i did it n what the dosages were but it was shorter then a week n i know i kept dosages very low, it was a difficult taper cuz i felt a decent amount of the WDs the whole time but i used the smallest amounts of bupe i could get by with n be hurtin but able to carry on n some xanax n then stopped after a week or less

do the first taper you described... the one from 2mg... there may be a small amount of discomfort while you adjust to the subs...

i've done this before, it's cool and you can totally do it, especially if this is your first time thru with the technique, but it does get harder every time you use it... anyway, from my experience, don't even go out two weeks, you risk sub dependence, you just want to use sub for the 4-5 days to get you thru acute dope WDs, especially given how short a time you've been using dope... if you had been using for months+ then i might advise a longer taper. but with a 2 week taper, you'll have been on subs almost as long as you were on dope... so, anyway, day 1 start out with whatever dose will hold you, it'll probably somewhere between 1 and 2 mg, then for the next four or five days, just dose half as much sub as the day before... so you could do like 2-1-0.5-0.25-0.25 (gets hard to measure below 0.25 unless you've got 2 mg strips - then by all means go ahead down to 0.125) and then just jump off, you should feel pretty straight. i'm not saying this is a total get out of jail free card but you will be able to escape like 98% of the WDs from my experience. so just remember: don't drag it out too long and don't take more sub than you really need. good luck!

Yeah man the first taper you listed works miracles. Thats the one I always use when I'm coming off my .5g IV heroin habit

Yeah, I would absolutely recommend the first taper you listed. Unless you're on a long-term, actual program through a doctor (who, for reasons I'm sure everyone now knows, aren't exactly the most reliable sources on this particular drug) in order to put the pieces of your life back together, this sort of quick-taper seems to be the only way I could ever describe subs as anything close to a "miracle pill". I actually did a week-long taper pretty similar to this in December, and it worked wonders for me; I had a gram-a-day habit of tar (snorted mostly, occasionally IV'd) for the better part of a year, not to mention years of mostly-on-very occasionally-off pill/dope abuse, and I felt none of the debilitating physical effects I had when I had cold turkey quit in the past. Unfortunately, there's stilll PAWs to deal with, but don't stress about that, as three weeks is a goddam blessedly short amount of time to do dope before figuring out that shit is going to start sucking real bad real, real soon.

one last thing---stick with the downgrading doses, don't do a little bit more in the middle because you're feeling down a little bit. I fucked up doing this a whole lot on account of that shit before I finally got my act together and stuck to a regimen.

Its very important that you take the minimum amount of suboxone you need to make you feel comfortable.

You really shouldn't need more than 2mg to detox from a habit like that. I jumped after 3-4 days of sub from a 200mg/day two year oxy habit and never used more than 2mg

I'd go:

2mg
2mg
1mg
1mg
.5mg
.5mg
.25mg, done

But if you really feel like you need more the first couple of days then go to 4mg. Or break your doses into twice daily. It's also important that you don't take too little and wind up saying fuck it and buy more H

Good luck, report back

Want off

I've been on Suboxone for 8 days,I was on about 80-100 mg's of hydro's a day for 7 years. I quit once for like of the happiest 8 months of my life. I did a long taper with my dr. He's gone now and I've been getting them on the street. I want to get off the sub as soon as I can as it sounds like bad wd's. I was reading about some tapers and they said start with 2mgs ? My films are 8mg/2mg. So do I cut these up a bunch? I'm confused