• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Medical Grade Liquid Morphine Safety

King-Anubis

Bluelighter
Hey guys,

I've recently managed to obtain ten 20mg ampules of medical grade liquid morphine and had a few questions about IVing - bear in mind I've had some (little) experience with IVing before, just not with pure morphine:

1) Would I need to mix the morphine with anything, such as water? Or is it fine to inject straight away?
2) Does hitting an artery with pure morphine carry the same risks as street opiates? - i.e. gangrene. I figured that as it's the impurities in, say, heroin that blocks your capillaries which leads to tissue death that it wouldn't carry the same risks. I'm not going to go ahead and inject into my arteries, but it's nice to know that if I do screw up somehow I won't lose my arm or leg! ;)
3) Is it safe to take other CNS depressants 4+ hours after a the last dose of morphine?

Thanks!

What are the contents of the vial? Does it list how much water to how much preservatives are in there?

It will still hurt to hit an artery; but it shouldn't be as dangerous due to a lack of cuts, etc. Be very careful to know you are in a vein before injecting/attempting to inject.

It depends on what dosages of other CNS depressants, but most likely you will be fine if they are modest/small dosages.

What are the contents of the vial? Does it list how much water to how much preservatives are in there?
As far as I'm aware it's only Morphine Sulphate (Written as "20mg Sulfate de Morphine" on the side). Probably best to assume that there is nothing else contained therein.

It depends on what dosages of other CNS depressants, but most likely you will be fine if they are modest/small dosages.
Cool, that's what I thought. Will still probably halve my normal dose of quetiapine on the days which I IV, just to be on the safe side.

to answer the first two questions

No and youll be fine
the third is hard to judge

to answer the first two questions

No and youll be fine
the third is hard to judge
Great, the third answer is perfect - I'll just do my normal routine when it comes to mixing CNS depressants (Start low, work my way up to my normal dose and monitor pulse and such). Just wanted to make sure it wasn't a terrible idea or a big no-no.

20mg's of Liquid Morphine, what does it look like? Contained in a glass vial? I've never really liked liquid morphine, let alone in pill form. I never mixed mine with anything, I had mine straight from the hospital, I don't think it carries the same side effects but missing morphine hurts like a fucking bitch and has made everyone I know break out in hives when they miss, so there's some useful information.

20mg's of Liquid Morphine, what does it look like? Contained in a glass vial? I've never really liked liquid morphine, let alone in pill form. I never mixed mine with anything, I had mine straight from the hospital, I don't think it carries the same side effects but missing morphine hurts like a fucking bitch and has made everyone I know break out in hives when they miss, so there's some useful information.
It's a clear liquid in a glass ampule. Looks a little like this. I'll keep an eye out for hives, I'm generally quite prone to them when taking opiates - although it's generally only after the drug wears off that they appear. Itches like a bitch as well.

There is likely a preservative in the vial, whether or not it's written on the vial is a different story.

Cant comment on the liqud morphine. As for the hives maybe take 1-2 1st generation anti-histamine tablets to combat that as its probably a histamine reaction resulting in hives.

They are likely ampoules prepared for direct IV use. I'd use it directly from it, no need to mix it with water and only use one to begin with to assess your tolerance and reaction to it. I suggest taking an anti histamine 2nd/3rd gen such as cetrizine about half and hour to an hour before shooting it up to help prevent the huge histamine release, I'd say 20mg just to be sure. As for your second question I'm not sure.

Thirdly, this depends on what CNS depressant you're talking about. Personally I would wait a bit longer, say 6-8 hours to be on the safe side d you really want to take it. Otherwise no I wouldn't to be safe. Actually - you say it's seroquel? I'd half the dose and then yes you should be okay if you take it regularly.