• H&R Moderators: VerbalTruist | cdin | Lil'LinaptkSix

Kratom withdrawal. Really need some responses here.

feelinblue

Greenlighter
Alright so I started using kratom daily this past fall in about November and was taking about five grams a day for a month. Like three grams in the afternoon, then 2 or 3 more at night. When I stopped on December 7, I experienced what I now imagine Hell to be like. I was having panic attacks nonstop for about five days. severe depression followed that. About ten days after I had last used I was starting to feel better and got really drunk. Huge mistake, because it threw me back into full withdrawal again...

So, about ten days after that the withdrawals appeared to be pretty much gone again (only slight depression/discomfort), so like a true addict I threw down about five grams of kratom, and here we are in fucking withdrawing again, ten days later. At this point I just threw out the rest of my kratom. The severe anxiety is over I guess, but I'm still on edge and can't really tell how I feel. Depressed and a little anxious and just completely tired of it. It's driving me nuts. Yesterday (day 9) I tripped on 4-aco-dmt (very similar to mushrooms) and obviously had a terrible time, but I was taking it hoping it would reset my mind and help me to feel normal again. And of course I'm freaking myself out thinking this might have turned the w/d's in a bad direction.

The question is this: How do I know when withdrawals are over? Is it gradual or will it just happen at some point? Please share any success stories. The mental gymnastics going on in my head is starting to really get at me. I wasn't taking that much kratom nor was I taking it for that long so I feel like I'm screwed up forever (might just be the anxiety talking).

I don't mean to sound overly dramatic because I know there's people going through way worse than this. I just really need to know what's going on.

Thanks everyone.

There's a couple other threads about Kratom W/D you can find more information in. But you're in the home stretch man. After 9 days you already went thru the worst of it and should be back to 100% very shortly. It is gradual but as I said by now the worst is over. Just keep toughing it out and you should feel a lot better in even 5 days if not sooner.

You'll know it's over when you can sleep all the way thru the nite, have solid poo, can sit still and not get hot/cold flashes, no RLS.
I noticed if I focus on "is the WD gone?" then i keep the thought of WD in my head and it's never totally gone until i can get WD out of my head and focus on my life.

It took me a good couple weeks to get over most of kratom withdrawal. I had switched to kratom after several years of suboxone, which I got after several years of pod addiction. Actually, a couple weeks for the primary WD to go away, many weeks later before I felt I was 'normal' again. Immodium AD was immensely helpful to me, try it at 6-8mg.

Quit while you are ahead. I don't care what the others say, kratom is a serious opiate (at least the potent stuff I used to get) and it can become a full time devotion if you let it.

Fortunate for me to come across this thread. Hope you are doing well in your recovery. I've considered Kratom many times attempting to curb my addiction to opiates. Maybe not the best idea?

For me- it has taken about a month to feel totally better from w/d. But I'd say you're through the worst of it and you will start to notice improvements. Keep in mind, some days you will feel worse than others but in general you're on the path to recovery. Try to stay the course, in two weeks you'll be feeling right as rain.

it can help during a taper. but you stand a chance of getting hoooked on the kratom.

Fortunate for me to come across this thread. Hope you are doing well in your recovery. I've considered Kratom many times attempting to curb my addiction to opiates. Maybe not the best idea?

i think people transitioning from stronger opiates/maintenance drugs will have a much more long and drawn out withdrawal from kratom than a regular plain old kratom user would. Kratom in general has a short half life, meaning the withdrawals should be short as well. I've taken kratom for years and never had a noticeable withdrawal but after transition from PST to kratom, i had withdrawals when i would stop kratom and still get RLS if i miss my kratom doses, but before PST i didn't have any issues, even if i took kratom for months daily, just loose bowels and that was it.

Let's get the kratom discussion going! Ok, mixed with grapefruit juice this shit is 100 times stronger than when you cook a batch of tea with lemon juice. Anybody else into kratom in here? Prefer juice method?? Peace-CfZ

This thread is a year old, and I don't think the OP was looking for support in getting off rather than better ways to use his kratom.