• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids So I've acquired some diamorphine ampoules.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jabberwocky

Frumious Bandersnatch
Hello all,

So. I've managed to get ahold of five amps of diamorphine.

I've never IVed and this is the pure stuff. 5 amps of 500mg diamorphine powder to be preped with water for IV use. The ampuoles are 5ml.

I have a oxy tolerance of about 200mg.

Now the real question is - is this worth it?

Is the hype around heroin really that great?

I'm seriously considering doing it. But then again having a lot of hesitations. How do I prep this corrctly to stop an overdose? I'm supposing 1ml = 100mg?

I know nothing about the stuff. All I know is that it's pharma grade heroin.

Any advise much appreciated.

The 500mg is the part scaring me. Surely that's enough to kill a horse let a lone a human.

Thank you

500mg diamorphine is way more than enough to kill someone. really its up to your personal body chemistry whether youll like it or not.

remember, heroin is ~2.5x as strong as morphine, when pure... so 10mg of that = 25mg morphine. the whole ampoule is easily 1000mg morphine equivalent if you inject it... or probably 750mg oxy? pharm heroin is more potent than oxy by weight.

i would start with 50 mg just to be safe, see where that gets you. heroin will last much longer than oxy for most. so just keep that in mind.

if you dissolve it in sterile bacteriostatic water you will have about 48-72 hours to use it before it hydrolyses to morphine. otherwise, weigh out the powder with an accurate mg scale.... keep it dry unless you are going to use it, and don't use heat to dissolve it... (will encourage breakdown to morphine)

you can always blow lines of the stuff too... or eat it as a morphine pro drug.

i would start with 50 mg just to be safe, see where that gets you. heroin will last much longer than oxy for most. so just keep that in mind.
Honestly, to be on the very safe side, if injecting it, I think I'd start with even less than that the first time. The opioid conversion chart I have says pure IV heroin is on average 2-4 times stronger than oral oxycodone and that does not account for incomplete cross-tolerance or individual differences outside that range, so theoretically even 50mg IV could possibly be too much for someone who normally gets high off 200mg oral oxycodone. Personally I always think the first time doing any new opioid one should start with a small amount, then one can better gauge an appropriate next dose, and it decreases anxiety about potentially doing too much as well.

if you dissolve it in sterile bacteriostatic water you will have about 48-72 hours to use it before it hydrolyses to morphine.
Do you have a source for that? The studies I have read said that when stored at room temperature heroin was stable in water for 7-12 days (exact length of time depending on pH), and that degradation to morphine happens extremely slowly in water - in regular plain water it did not even get to the point of converting to morphine during the period of time studied, only a small fraction of it converted to 6-MAM (which is the active metabolite responsible for heroin's rush anyway).

i may be overly cautious, but le chateleier's principle suugests that when heroin is put with an excess of water it will hydrolyse. especially if there's any sort of catalyst (pH is off) or metal ions etc.
even then i guess youd have morphine which is still pretty potent. (and 6/3-mam)

Start real small, you can always do more. Pure heroin isn't as euphoric as oxy until your body is used to it specifically, IME tar heroin with all the yummy alkaloids is much more euphoric, kinda irrelevant tho.

As others have said you can always snort or use rectally, IME rectal ROA is close 2nd to IV, snorting coming in 3rd but has incredible duration. Or just let her sit in tap water for 2 days and then it'll pretty much just be morphine, if you're scared of heroins power or just uncomfortable with new opiates. (Obviously injecting tap water is frowned upon here, even though many still do it)

If you're not experienced with IV administration, please use another ROA. I can't in good conscience advise someone who has never injected to start. It might be the most "efficient" way to use heroin but it's not the only way. At least it's pharm grade though; we certainly don't have that option in the U.S.

Be safe.

Think clear..

^^I agree with Lady Codone, don't start IV. The needle addiction is smth you don't wanna mess with. Your tolerance is high (200 oxy isn't little), there's no reason add one more to the problems you already have, don't feed the fuckin monkey on your back, man..Please please don't go the IV route, it will ruin your life, if you just do a little search and ask people who shoots heroin, or their doc(dilaudid, morphine etc.), here in Bl, or maybe people you know, and listen to their opinion about IV use, i'm sure that 99% of them wish they had never touched the fuckin needle:X, shooting IV isn't just an other ROA, the most "efficient", as already Lady Codone has mentioned very wise..it's a way to destroy your life, stay away from this dude, don't fuck your life..:\

Or finally, as a kind of a "last resort", i mean that if you "must" use the fuckin needle, do an IM shot(of course if it is possible, i mean there are vials in witch the solution is meant to be taken IV or IM, some other vials are meant to be takken only IM, or only IV, it's written on the vial and in the leaflet..). I think it's a "better" choise than IV, from harm reduction reasons..Of course what you should do, is don't even think about the needle..:|

I'm sorry, maybe i sound like preaching, and believe me, i feel very idiot about it, but it's just because i've fallen in the hole with the shit, i don't wanna see other people fall too, just this..
Oh, and don't forget, how fuckin lucky are you to have 5 of these vials, heh?..%)..haha, enjoy these man, and don't do smth you'll regret later..Be safe and have fun mate,:)..

MartinFn

Why don't you just plug it? Dilute to lower concentration and start low, that's what I would do. It gets you high and you don't have to break the needle barrier.

*mod edit: sorry, we're not here to glorify IV use*

Last edited by a moderator:
I honestly got "rid" of it.

I didn't want to take the risks with the stuff. 500mg seemed extreme, I don't have scales, and I didn't want to OD.

Not for me I don't think.

I honestly got "rid" of it.

I didn't want to take the risks with the stuff. 500mg seemed extreme, I don't have scales, and I didn't want to OD.

Not for me I don't think.

Wow. Impressive resolve to be able to do that.. Other BL'ers should take note. This is what HR is all about in its purest form... Knowing when to just not do it.

A lot of props synthetix.

Yeah, from all of the responses (which i much appreciate) i figured that it would have definitely been the wrong path to go down.

I'm very glad that all of you were honest, helpful and informative. I had both sides to the nature of the drug, the positives and negatives which was fantastic. I agree mr.scag - this is HR at its best from this forum and probably saving me from either a needle addiction or even death considering the enormous doses the amps were. This forum has saved me many times as well, as always I am appreciative to everyone that replies and helps me when i'm in need on this forum.

<3much love to the BL community.

From our Beginners Guide to Heroin

Luckily in this case you don't have to take purity into consideration, this quoted section should help some. I would definitely use less than whatever dose you calculate to begin with if you end up using the diamorphine.

Also, as jealous as I am, I would like to say to you with as much compassion as possible (coming from me) that I hope you chose not to use this stuff...IV heroin is far more addictive than oxycodone IMO. FAR MORE.

I am thinking of switching from oxycodone to heroin due to costs or other reasons. How much heroin do I need to use?

This is a question that gets asked a lot, and from a harm reduction point of view, it's very hard to say. However, their are ways to ensure that you will not die from your first time using heroin (assuming that your dope is not cut with another super potent opiate, which is always a risk.)

• As was mentioned earlier, Heroin is 2-3x more potent than morphine. The easiest wayb to get an estimate as to how much heroin you would need (assuming that your gear is 100% pure- which it is not), is to first calculate it by converting your oral oxycodone dosage (which has a very high BA, around 80% ) and multiply it by .8.

• (This step is unnecessary if you are injecting your oxycodone, since then you would already know pretty much exactly the amount you were consuming given the 100% BA)
    Okay, so now you know that it takes 48 mg to catch a nice buzz off of oxycodone. Now the next step is to equate 48mg to an IV morphine dosage. IV morphine is approximately 2x more potent than oxycodone. Therefore, and equipotent dose would be 24mg of I.V. Morphine.
  • Now the final step.. Heroin is 2-3x stronger than morphine. To be on the safe side, we'll assume that its 3x more potent. Therefore, we'll divide the equipotent dose of morphine (24mg) by 3, which would result in 8 mg. So assuming that your heroin is pure, it would take roughly 8mg of I.V diacetylmorphine to achieve the same buzz that 60 mg of oral oxycodone would give you. However, we also must take into account the different bioavailability's of heroin, as most people are not going to be jumping straight to the needle.

[*]I.V: 100%
    [*]Insufflation: 50-70%
    [*]Inhalation: 45%

So depending on how you plan on using the heroin, you multiply the dose by the BA's %, and weigh that out on a scale.

You will almost certainly need to use more than whatever calculated dosage you are getting, but given the rare chance that you obtain some highly pure heroin, following this calculation method should keep you from overdosing, and allowing you to gauge safely how much you need to use, and how pure your heroin is.

Not to worry z, I've gotten rid of the vials, no longer in my possession. Took the advise and happily sticking by it. :)

LISTEN DIAMORPHINE IS 2-3x more potent than morphine and Methadone. So 40-60mg DIAM is = 120mg methadone IV. What you have are 99%+ heroin. I would snort some first. THEM AMPS START AT 10mg NO IDEA WHY THEY BLEEDING GOTO 500mg.

I will add 240mg OC IV I could do that is = 40-60mg so be dam careful

4_FFCD6508_371817_800.jpg

lucky bastard that you offloaded them to. but props on that and not going down the IV route, man:)

To be honest I was surprised that they were that potency. I found them in a cupboard of my house - my father had cancer, MRSA and a fractured hip bone all at the same time which had to be remove and replaced with a prosthetic one. Given to say his tolerance to opiates was sky high when he was taking it to alleviate the pain. I don't think he liked the needles or the opiates at the end of his life, there was a significant stash of ms contins, tramadols, DHC in the medicine cabinet but these amps were clearly hidden away deep in my house. Was quite sad to find them to be honest but at the same time made me proud that he never went down that route.

Status
Not open for further replies.