• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids need sleep

mrflowers00

Ex-Bluelighter
how can i get some sleep when i'm high on oxycodone any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

Antihistamines can really help.

I know you also take benzos and am assuming that you don't have any spare ones to help you get to sleep.

Have you tried exercising a little bit? This can help a lot.

i find it nearly impossible to sleep while high on oxycodone. this is with an included dose of 50mg benadryl and exercising that day. for some reason i just cannot make it through the night without more than 2 hours of sleep until it gets processed enough i guess.

I would take Diphenhydramine like suggested and or maybe some Cannabis Buds might help. I find Chammomile Tea works good like the opposite of Caffeine imo but not as strong.

how can i get some sleep when i'm high on oxycodone any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

If i remember correctly you take HIGH doses right? If so im surprised you have that problem since I thought Oxycodone only gave a boost of energy in small doses..

I dont have a problem going to sleep on a high dose, if i do say only 100mg I do then and am wide awake. But then again I like to mix it with OxyM

Maybe you could try taking, oh - giving constructive advice You can handle it -Yer' the Man !!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Well personally I use benzos but only because I have a tolerance to them and know my limits regarding them. On the other hand, a sedating anti histamine such as doxylamine succinate, promethazine or dph could help you without the added dangers. You could also try melatonin - which I find is actually very helpful in getting me to sleep, don't doubt it. Try and find an extended release version of it if you can. A ZMA supplement also makes me sleepy - and helps with tolerance too.

You're already on a downer.... So that's what I'd have suggested. Taking a different type of cns depressant would potentially be dangerous

thanks i got like 3 hours of sleep but i get my xanax tomorrow so only one more sleepless night

yeah man there prob isnt much you can do that you dont already know; personally i sleep quite easily on oxy but not everyone.

if you can't sleep, make sure not to toss and turn all not long in bed because your body will associate staying awake with your bed. If you don't think you can get to sleep, why be bored in bed when you could get up, clean, whatch movies, ect...

^^ actually yeah this is really good advice, prob the best youre gonna get, just couple this with some excersing.

I sleep like a baby on oxy (not on every dose just late at night) I start nodding then eventually pass out

yah opiates cause severe sedation to the CNS, but they also cause vast amounts of dopamine to accumulate. dopamine is then oxidized into norepinephrine, which accounts for why people feel speedy after coming down from opiates, and tired while on them.

if you can't sleep, make sure not to toss and turn all not long in bed because your body will associate staying awake with your bed. If you don't think you can get to sleep, why be bored in bed when you could get up, clean, whatch movies, ect...

Good advice. If you can't sleep, get up and go do something else. You want your body to be crystal clear that when you lay down on your bed.. it's time to sleep. Not toss around and stare up at the wall.

Opiates are odd sometimes.. You'll be high as a kit, nodding out all over the place, barley able to keep your eyes open..yet when you actually want to go to sleep for the night, it can be difficult. This didn't happen to me often, usually I'd sleep incredibly well.. but sometimes it's just inevitable.