• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Amphetamine Addiction

AlphaMethylPhenyl

Moderator: TDS
Staff member
What is a safe frequency of use to not become addicted/tolerant to (maybe a little is ok)/dependent upon amphetamines?

Thanks

One of the keys to limiting tolerance with amphetamines is to take a single dose instead of re-dosing. As far as frequency goes I would limit it to 2x a week at the most.

Just curious, are you referring to any specific amphetamine?

^ That, though I may suggest once a week.

Although this is not in the original question, rationale of use alongside frequency is important.

/soapbox.

its going to depend on the individual. i mean if you could limit yourself to monthly use then i would say you have strong willpower.

Mixed amphetamine salts have a longer duration than cocaine, and cocaine seems to be more of a situational drug. Like most people do it at a bar on the weekend, or a house party with some girls in that shady back room. I wouldn't consider it to be as much of a daily drug as amphetamines are, since there are a lot more applications for amp use than there are for cocaine use.

Even with using amphetamines 3x a month you will experience a slight increase in tolerance, but I supposed that you can get a steady high from the same dose if you limit your use to that frequency.

Edit: You can try once a week and see how it goes. You can always take some time off from them if you feel that your tolerance is increasing too much at the frequency, and you can adjust accordingly when you resume using post tolerance break.

I wouldn't consider it to be as much of a daily drug as amphetamines are, since there are a lot more applications for amp use than there are for cocaine use.

Even with using amphetamines 3x a month you will experience a slight increase in tolerance, but I supposed that you can get a steady high from the same dose if you limit your use to that frequency.

Which are you aware of?

You mean 4x a month, right?

this is silly. all well and good dicussing frequency, but what is your estimated dosage?

It's going to be different from person to person. I quit using meth (was using every day, several times throughout the day, only taking a day break about once a month) and I didn't feel any cravings when I quit. It was incredibly easy for me, and to this day I don't miss it at all.

I think frequency has more to do with something being addictive

Dosage would be about 80mg amphetamine

Couldn't say for the coke

When I was first snorting cocaine, I could get a gram of cocaine, and cut a line here and there, and not find it addictive whatsoever, probably doing no more than one line a day. The last times I did cocaine I would shoot it maybe two to three times throughout a day, and the half gram I had lasted an incredibly long time.

I don't really find uppers addictive personally.

i suppose the best way is to experiment. personally i wouldnt say once a weekly is addiction

same goes for coke

Last edited by a moderator: