• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants L-Tyrosine Alpha-Ketoglutarate for amphetamine withdrawal / adrenaline store refresh

stillcloudstill

Greenlighter
I'm looking to get L-Tyrosine Alpha-Ketoglutarate in bulk from NutraBio.com, and was wondering if anyone else has any experience with tyrosine. Studies of tyrosine are mixed, but this could be from the fact it may not do much for AD/HD or mood, but could do a lot for replenishing dopamine stores for those that have depleted them. I use to do all-nighters to finish papers and study for exams on Adderall and Desoxyn, so I get withdrawals if I don't take Adderall now. It would be nice to have my dopamine stores back. I think it's the reason I look like a raccoon with my eyes as soon as 11 PM hits-- I just have no cushion of dopamine stores to work off of.

I remember after taking Aricept for 6 months, I didn't get withdrawals when I went off Desoxyn, even though I had stopped the aricept, but that eventually went away after further all-nighters. But I tried taking Aricept again, and got diarreha. I forgot I had taken a bunch of Pepto Bismo all the while I was on it, like at least 8/day in two divided doses... Aricept is mentioned in an article or study indexed on pubmed about "brain repair" for former amphetamine addicts. Citicholine was also mentioned, which seems promising if it's taken in combination with aricept... anyhow, tyrosine seems interesting, but I haven't found any studies on it for repairing amphetamine brain...

I heard a friend say her ex-boyfriend/heroin addict took a treatment that resets the brain's opiate receptors or something, resetting the brain. Of course he took it and soon had the genius idea of taking heroin again to experience a first high again. But I wonder if that would do anything for amphetamine addiction, or if it's selective for opiate receptors, or if they're working on it for dopamine receptors. This girl's ex-boyfriend's treatment cost $15,000, and it sounds like addicts who get it waste it by just getting high again, even though they are liberated from addiction from it until they decide to take heroin again. It seems no matter how much of a genius an addiction researcher's treatment is, addicts will find a way to make their treatment useless... how depressing the field must be.

anyhow, back to tyrosine. tyrosine trip reports? studies? thoughts? and if anyone knows what the name of that treatment for opiate addiction is that resets the brain, let me know. I think he went to a hospital for it. I don't know what it entailed, and all I remember is imagining a laser ray being aimed at someone's head when she described it "resetting the brain."