• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Easy ways to extract DXM hBr from Roobitussin DM (DXM + Guaifenesin)?

Jenma

Greenlighter
I happen to have another bottle of what I first thought was DXM only syrup, then when I had a closer look, it turned out to have Guaifenesin. What I'd like to know is, is there any other way apart from an acids/base extraction method to get it out? I don't have any of the normal materials to do a complicated Agent Lemon extraction and would like to see if there's an easier way.

Here is our extraction thread. (and agent lemon is a simple extraction, your other option is to locate a vendor of pure DXM, or just drink the syrup)

alovesupreme said:
extracting syrup is kind of a messy proposition. why not just buy cough gels?

They're not available everywhere, you know.

Last edited:
I appreciate the link, but the problem is that I don't have the materials for it, and I don't have enough extra cash for it at the moment. I don't really have a problem if there's a simple way to extract it that keeps the Guaf because I've taken up to 9000 mg's without even feeling it, but I just don't want to chug the syrup. I can't keep it down for my life, and I've tried burning my tongue with coffee, washing it with toothpaste as roughly as possible, even holding my nose and pretending it's pancake syrup, just comes up 5 minutes later.

acid/base extraction will seperate the alkaloidal DXM from the non-alkaloidal guaifensin with ease. there's basically no other way.

If agent lemon is too complex/involved for your tastes, just buy more cough syrup that has only DXM.

or consider loading up on anti-nausea medicaments (ginger, diphenhydramine, thc)