• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids Weight and opiate tolerance?

ScreamingButterfly

Greenlighter
Does weight affect opiate tolerance? Such as losing or gaining weight. Been on pain management a long time and have an opiate tolerance. Ever since I lost weight it seems I get more side effects from opiates that I never used to such and being dizzy and sick to my stomach.

Some of the people that I've met with habits like 2g of heroin and 400mg of OC a day were 90lb girls. I really don't think that weight has anything to do with tolerance, but I may be wrong.

If you are feeling sick after dosing opiates, take a lower dose.

Some of the people that I've met with habits like 2g of heroin and 400mg of OC a day were 90lb girls. I really don't think that weight has anything to do with tolerance, but I may be wrong.

If you are feeling sick after dosing opiates, take a lower dose.

Agreed. I've never found weight to be a variable at all.

From my experiences, the people with the most massive, insanely high tolerances have all been skinny, small, short, etc.

I mean like 85-100 pound chicks slamming multiple grams per shot, and it's not just the intravenous drug users, I've seen tiny addicts consuming more than 500mg methadone, slamming triple digit oxymorphone shots, so yeah, I would say there is pretty much NO correlation between weight and tolerance to opioids.

A lot of people think that the bigger the person, the bigger the dose they'll need, and this is really far from the truth, and is a very dangerous false belief to hold.

A lot of people think that the bigger the person, the bigger the dose they'll need, and this is really far from the truth, and is a very dangerous false belief to hold.

Yeah I agree. It really is irrelevant and shouldn't be thought of as a factor at all because it's clearly not based on all of our collective experiences. Tolerance is just tolerance.. it's a powerful thing.

There are so many possibly fatal false assumptions when it comes to opioid tolerance in general, people always tend to overestimate their tolerances, just today or yesterday some user 96chanz was opioid naive and took 15mg oxy and got high then thought it would be okay to take 50mg, his old dose, and he overdosed. Non fatal but technically still an overdose due to the serious negative health consequences that ensued.

Thank you for the responses everyone. I couldn't figure out another reason my tolerance would have dropped after all this time since I have been opiates for a long time. Apparently weight has nothing to do with it!