• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Stimulants Dex the study tool if used effectively.. questions:

SuperVision

Greenlighter
Hi Everyone,

I have a couple questions; I tried using the search function but I didn't see anything specific.

So Alas;

I've used a few dec here n there dosed at 10mg XR (chewed) to get like 6-8 hours of solid studying during a semester, over the last couple years. Usually no more than on 5 occasions within a 4 month period.

Well recently I've taken it approximately 15 times in the last 3 months; at the same dosage and the effects are significantly less pronounced. Almost to the point where i don't know if its even working. I tried re-dosing 4 hours later with another 10mg and
similarly.. no effect.

I'm using this without music or distractions; just bunkered in the lib.

Also to note; there "use" to be 45-1hr euphoric come up... that is completely gone.

Wtf? Thoughts?

Eventually amphetamine's pleasure effects become less and less pronounced.
This does not mean that a mental focus and alertness is not there.
I would not worry about it too much. Take a break and continue using amphetamine in the doses you have been. Euphoria is not as important as the task in which amphetamines were taken to accomplish.

Doesnt the Euphoria provide the motivation and the desire to perform the task. I would imagine those to elements increase unbroken focus on the task and also helps with the quality. I would imagine we might take in or remember more data from tasks we enjoy over others?

Amphetamine can be medicinally used daily in low doses without breaking the mild euphoric effects.

Attempting to regain an original euphoria is where a person needs to begin questioning whether he or she is using the drug to accomplish a task, or using the task as an excuse to use the drug.

If you no longer feel alert and focused on amphetamine then you may seek to slightly increase the dose.

Would upgrading to a better amp ever by recommended if it where cheaper and quality reasonably consistent.

I dont see why anybody would use prescription amps instead of meth unless the prescription amps where being used exactly as prescribed.

Would upgrading to a better amp ever by recommended if it where cheaper and quality reasonably consistent.

I dont see why anybody would use prescription amps instead of meth unless the prescription amps where being used exactly as prescribed.

I don't see how suggesting meth is ever a good idea.

^Agreed, don't fuck with meth....the obvious answer is to take more....the dose you're taking really isn't that "euphoric" of a dose to begin with....Personally, I think 25 mgs of d-amp is pretty standard for a semi-naive user...Ur just dosing too low!

Of course, if you don't wanna get addicted, you're really messing with the wrong drug! but compared to other stimulants, you should be able to increase your dose of d-amp quite a bit without too many negative consequences....I'm a raging drug fiend, and I have to say, Dextroamphetamine is a very clean, good drug, one of my personal favs....Don't overdo it...Have you tried breaking the time release? Maybe start with 15 mgs IR....Ir pills or just crush the beads...pretty easy to beat the time release on those....

Well thats what I though but it helps just to confirm now and then.

Just help me fully clarify why quick. I understand dissuading meth use generally but when amp use is already taking place I am unclear on the additional risks from those to meth. Dont normal perscribed amps and sulphate have a similar duration and very similar method of operation to meth creating equal dangers in terms of addiction and other common factors?

Meth however has less peripheral stimulation compared to other amps and therefore offers a better quality experience and in this case less stress on the body the other amps so here it is in fact preferable to the others not so?

Are there any other factors.

So wouldnt the above, if correct, indicate that meth has equal risks and a better effect and therefore for those already planning to use beyond the bounds of a perscription would benefit from moving to meth assuming they can obtain it safely and at consistent quality for less cost then other amps.

Am i missing something? This will help in explaining this topic to others correctly. Thankw.

^What you're talking about is kind of similar to telling somebody that's using hydrocodone to switch to heroin....It makes sense in theory, in practice, it's a different story...

If the OP was taking hundreds of mgs of Dex at a time, then maybe making a switch to meth would make sense, at least financially...But crystal tends to be very potent and euphoric, sometimes so much so that accomplishing anything can be difficult because you're rushing so hard...

Pharmaceutical meth in small doses is a different story, but going from pills to high purity street meth is just asking to get burned...It's just way too easy to take more....I've had crystal that a little bump is equivalent to 50 mgs of d-amp all day...I prefer d-amp...crystal meth is a fucking beast! One of the most powerful drugs out there! taking 10-20 mgs at a time is near impossible IME...

Ahh yes of course thank you, the critical factor in this case is sneakily obvious.

While I accounted for the increased quality of the meth experience I only took into account the quality in terms of potency only assuming a comparison in a way that would mean meth high experience could exactly = other amps if theoretically able to determine the correct increased dosage required for those other amps to do so.

This however is not the case and in fact the increased quality of meth represents for all intents and purposes a different experience with the euphoria representing different properties effectively making meth a different drug in the stimulant class for the purposes of an analysis of the vability of comparing it to other amps.

This means a different picture in terms of the likely usage scenarios, desire to use, intensity of cravings and the overall mental addiction where amps have their greatest risk factors. Even if the technical data and properties on paper indicated equality here, practically it is not so.

Do you agree?

SWEET. I like to have these things properly clarified in my mind. Thanks for helping

I can't even begin to explain how bad of an idea it is to begin using crystal meth as a study tool. I like to keep an open mind, but having passed through meth culture, it's not worth it.

Stick to pharmaceuticals, it could save your life.

Attempting to regain an original euphoria is where a person needs to begin questioning whether he or she is using the drug to accomplish a task, or using the task as an excuse to use the drug.

Describes my amphetamine usage through many periods of my life. Though now I just use low doses (5mg-10mg adderall /w peptobismol) 1-3x a week for social anxiety.

I can't believe blight12 is trying to hijack my thread :p

Yea ok, im gonna switch from a 10mg dex dosage to crystal for studying....riiight

Thx for all the advice guys; I think i'll stick to the 10mg or maybe bump it up slightly to 15mg.
I'm a fairly big guy ~185lbs, so maybe it is a bit of a low dose. I haven't really felt a craving/ lure
to take it, but I also don't really have an addictive personality & I've never abused it.

I did once take one and was playing guitar for an hour before it kicked in.. next thing i knew 6 hours had went by
and my fingers were aching from playing so damn aggressive. Lol