• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Opioids taking suboxon about ~16 hours after heroin when not physically dependent

tomatalli

Bluelighter
I have read conflicting answers on this question. Last night between the hours of 6pm to 8pm i took heroin and hydrocodone, I did not get a very good high as the dose wasnt very large or the dope was just very bad. I want to take suboxone now (about 16 hours after) and am not physically dependent, will i go into precipitated withdrawals? As I have said I've searched around this site and the web and have read alot of conflicting answers.

GENERALLY you should be OK, i was able to jump over to sub from H after 16 hours even with a mild to moderate dependence with no trouble.

The entire basis behind precipitated withdrawals is that you need to be psychically dependent for it to happen... The reason PW's happen is because as a psychically addicted person, your brain is so used to a chemical that when it is suddenly ripped off of your receptors (as suboxone does) your body goes into a shock almost and you experience withdrawal. But if stopping your full agonist use by itself doesn't make you sick than even if you take the bupe early and it rips the opiates off of your receptors, it doesn't matter because your brain hasn't been accustomed to anything enough to warrant making you sick..

So in short... you need to be psychically dependent to be thrown into withdrawal.

If your not physically depended yet you most likely will be eventually if you continue using opiates regularly, and having legit pain on the side is going to be a bitch
Good luck but you're heading down a bad road sir