• BASIC DRUG
    DISCUSSION
    Welcome to Bluelight!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
    Benzo Chart Opioids Chart
    Drug Terms Need Help??
    Drugs 101 Brain & Addiction
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums
  • BDD Moderators: Keif’ Richards | negrogesic

First time on Coke

lucsdc

Bluelighter
So, I wanna know how is the buzz of snorting some coke, but i don't know how much, and it's too dangerous. I mean, can i become an addicted because of this?

It's very euphoric, stimulating with a huge ego boost.

Dosage: 50-100mg lines is the usual dosage range, you can eyeball a dose pretty easily with coke. Just lay a line the size of about toothpick and start off by taking half of that.

And it's impossible for us to say if you're going to become addicted to cocaine. But I guess it's possible to "fall in love" with it after your first time using cocaine and ending up an addict.. Usually it takes a while to develop a fullblown addiction though. But it could all start with that baggy you have there if you end up liking it a bit too much. (Most likely you'll love it, it's always great at first..)

Anyway, stay safe.

But if i do it for the first time, i can still fight the need to use it again, or it is something stronger than my own will?

But if i do it for the first time, i can still fight the need to use it again, or it is something stronger than my own will?

After one time you use you shouldn't feel a need to use it again. Chances are you will want to use it again, making up silly excuses to justify it to yourself.

(example: "I tried it at home. It should've been somewhere with friends where I could socialize. Because it felt like a good drug to socialize. I'll try it one more time in a social setting.") Just don't fool yourself and you should be fine.

It's a blur how it goes from trying it off a penny at a party to making it the focus of every weekend. Basically you won't want to go pawn your watch and look for another bag after the first time, BUT you can develop a bad habit leading to addiction if you hang out around people who use it regularly. It's all about who you put yourself around. My buddy was on the verge of addiction until his best friend quit using. He developed a group of "cocaine" friends. The ones who still liked doing it a lot, they left once he quit. And his best friend, the only other person out of the group who quit, basically told him he wouldn't be his friend if he continued to use/bring up the topic of coke. Peer pressure has an incredible impact, and his friend knew that being around somebody who would still bring it up was dangerous and could lead him back on a downward spiral.

I'd say the point of addiction is reached once it has left the party scene and gone into the household. If your plans for the night always include get a bag of coke before you even think about where the party's at, safe to say you've reached that point.

Like someone else say, most first-time cravings for coke are just mental, and you can easily fight them. You'd have to abuse coke daily for awhile before you suffer any type of physical addiction.

The come off from coke can be a bitch though. The feeling of being high and then crashing usually makes people want to do more so they can maintain the high. I can go through a gram of decent coke in one evening because I don't wanna stop doing, then I might crash but I'm usually find the next day with no major cravings for me.

the trouble i find with coke is that unless you go crazy and end up having line after line the hangover is pretty gentle making you beleive that you can do more next time because of the lack of a comedown
and compared to amphetamine the next day is a stroll in the park

If you're already worried about addiction before you've even tried it for the first time... I'd quit while you're ahead. Don't bother. It's not something you need to expierence. Plenty of people go through life just fine without ever having tried it. You cant become an addict if you don't use... Sounds simple but it's something the majority of us on the site never took to heart. :\

Coke is sooooo overrated, the only good experience I have had is when I bought a fat rock of crack and smoked it. Otherwise, the handful of times I tried coke it was lame...maybe a little stimulation but meh...the crack was euphoric thoufh

Well, I've never become an addicted to any drug, so I think i will handle this pretty well. I will try and update my experience here.

Well, I've never become an addicted to any drug, so I think i will handle this pretty well. I will try and update my experience here.

Hah, that's a horrible outlook and a thought that could get you into a lot of trouble.

He's saying that just because you didn't get addicted to one drug doesn't mean you won't/can't get addicted to another.

But it doesn't tell something about my body? Or I can easily became an addict in one especific drug?

If you're worried about getting hooked, don't do it. The first day I tried powder was one of the best days of my life. (I have since moved on to different drugs though.)

Actually, I only have tried marijuana, LSD, some cigarettes, alcohol and sleeping pills. But that is it. It's because this lack of experience that I'm worried about getting hooked.

Anybody can get addicted to drugs... there is no one body type or personality type.. People from all walks of life with all different backgrounds become addicts. Rich suburban housewives, wall street guys, homeless people, high school kids, etc etc.. It doesn't matter. In my experience, the idea that "i'm different" or that "I don't have an addictive personality" is very dangerous.. I have seen those people who claimed such things get all manners of fucked up. Nobody is above it or out of the grasp of addiction and thinking you are is a mistake.

Anybody can get addicted to drugs... there is no one body type or personality type.. People from all walks of life with all different backgrounds become addicts. Rich suburban housewives, wall street guys, homeless people, high school kids, etc etc.. It doesn't matter. In my experience, the idea that "i'm different" or that "I don't have an addictive personality" is very dangerous.. I have seen those people who claimed such things get all manners of fucked up. Nobody is above it or out of the grasp of addiction and thinking you are is a mistake.
Thank you, that's a really good advice! I will try it. Is cocaine a social drug or not?