• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Misc Prozac hindering recreational highs?

ronthetiger

Greenlighter
Hey all, my girlfriend has been on and off prozac for years now, and she claims that her prozac ruins her recreational highs.
Is there any validity to this? From what I understand about SSRIs is that it inhibits the brain's ability to preform re-uptakes on the neurotransmitter serotonin, so I would think that, if anything, this would potentate any highs that release serotonin (e.g. MDMA) not hinder them...

Any thoughts or personal experiences with this?

Hey all, my girlfriend has been on and off prozac for years now, and she claims that her prozac ruins her recreational highs.
Is there any validity to this? From what I understand about SSRIs is that it inhibits the brain's ability to preform re-uptakes on the neurotransmitter serotonin, so I would think that, if anything, this would potentate any highs that release serotonin (e.g. MDMA) not hinder them...

Any thoughts or personal experiences with this?

It blocks all serotonergic drugs like MDMA. It may be dangerous even to combine the two of them. Just combining tramadol which is a very weak serotonin releaser with prozac is bad.

antidepressants are antihigh too.

I found that one out the hard way.

I took Prozac for a few years, at a time where I was always getting high and if never affected me differently